Chocobo Rider and Chocobo Master

akisuo

So, is it easier to do this trophies on the PS3 than Vita? I get pretty close on the vita for both trophies, but it just doesn't seem the controls are precise. So close yet so far away... So I was wondering if I'd be better off of just putting my save file on the cloud and get these two on ps3. Whatcha think?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chocobo Rider can be done fairly easily on the Vita, though (you can even beat the chocobo trainer with a time below 0 secs there) - you just have to know how to handle the controls (tap the stick instead of holding it in a particular direction) to retain your control over the bird instead of handing it over to the game.

All you have to do is some fine-tuning of your racing line to beat her for good.

As far as Chocobo Master is concerned, it is a pain both on the PS3 and the Vita (the controls are equally terrible on both), and no matter where I try, I get similarly frustrating results, so this seems to be a matter of choosing one's poison... :/

Edited by Thianis

I got both trophies on Vita because that's all I have... the control was actually not too bad.

Good thing is these races are fast - compared to lightning dodging where you would waste 20 minutes by getting struck at the 199th strike...

And that's my frustration as to why they included the requirements for this Sigil, but not Kimahri's, as a trophy. This could be the one thing standing in the way of me getting the Plat... (Sphere Master is easy, it just takes time, which on Vita I have..)

And that's my frustration as to why they included the requirements for this Sigil, but not Kimahri's, as a trophy. This could be the one thing standing in the way of me getting the Plat... (Sphere Master is easy, it just takes time, which on Vita I have..)

If you mean Lightning dodging: I did it yesterday and after a few tries i managed no more than 33 before either my concentration left me or my thumb got nervous. I took a break and suddenly had a thing going for me, as i managed 129 before i made a silly mistake. After that i did 219 (did a few more just for securities sake). Also i did it with my HDMI plugged in.

After all it took me around a hour and i must say it is nothing more than a huge excercise in concentration. Just remember some tips:

- Make breaks, but only short ones

- sometimes lightning did not strike (dunno exactly why), take a short break when this happens

- press X when you see the flash

- control you body when you are nearing 200 and try to keep your concentration

If you mean Lightning dodging: I did it yesterday and after a few tries i managed no more than 33 before either my concentration left me or my thumb got nervous. I took a break and suddenly had a thing going for me, as i managed 129 before i made a silly mistake. After that i did 219 (did a few more just for securities sake). Also i did it with my HDMI plugged in.

After all it took me around a hour and i must say it is nothing more than a huge excercise in concentration. Just remember some tips:

- Make breaks, but only short ones

- sometimes lightning did not strike (dunno exactly why), take a short break when this happens

- press X when you see the flash

- control you body when you are nearing 200 and try to keep your concentration

That's my problem... reflexes and concentration, two things which are declining for me as I get older.. ;)

That's my problem... reflexes and concentration, two things which are declining for me as I get older.. ;)

Hmmm... my reflexes are top-notch (sharpened from years of gaming :cool:), but my concentration is usually one BIG mess. My mind is like the stormy ocean: Always in trouble, never calm, hardly able to keep my thoughts together or my sanity intact for that matter :whistle:

I found distractions helped me with the lightning dodging. I had the radio on and a well lit room. Compared to others saying to have the lights off so that it's easier to see the strike.

As for the chocobo racing. The Sigil race is a matter of luck, not in the main body of the race, but in the opening leg (down the initial ramp). If you can't get 5-6 balloons on that ramp, then there's close to no chance of making up 13-15 or so needed throughout the rest of the race.

For the Remiem race, I found that keeping my left thumb slightly twitchy helped stay off the walls (which slow you down considerably).

You don't need to get any balloon on the ramp.

In order to make it in time you need to hit 14 balloons and finish under 38 seconds (Not getting hit by birds too).

I've done it myself. Not a single balloon on the ramp. It's not that hard, really. It's just a matter of luck.

You don't need to get any balloon on the ramp.

In order to make it in time you need to hit 14 balloons and finish under 38 seconds (Not getting hit by birds too).

I've done it myself. Not a single balloon on the ramp. It's not that hard, really. It's just a matter of luck.

I'm sure it's possible, but wouldn't it make sense to aim for the balloons on the ramp, before there are any birds, as well as on the plains where there are birds? :)

On the plains, you really want to be aiming for missing the birds, rather than focusing on catching the balloons.

Yeah, and I can only think of one person's account in posts who has got hit in the area immediately after the ramp a couple of times, and still passed.... Most people who pass do so by having the first half of the race (until the hard left turn) near perfect. It's the second half of the race people usually allow a margin of error for.

Yeah, and I can only think of one person's account in posts who has got hit in the area immediately after the ramp a couple of times, and still passed.... Most people who pass do so by having the first half of the race (until the hard left turn) near perfect. It's the second half of the race people usually allow a margin of error for.

Exactly... Except is a hard right turn :whistle:

I am having trouble getting these races done.

For the Chocobo race with baloons, I always fail to get baloons on the first leg

On the second leg, I can get some but I mostly just pass them by.

The trainer gets all of them. My best is 9 seconds.

For the Remiem Chocobo, I always have a hard time on the last chest.

I always have a hard time overtaking the chocobo. Is this because my chocobo

takes a long time between chests? I also noticed if I see the trainer near the end

at when im on my 3rd chest,its a game over

:confused:

Exactly... Except is a hard right turn :whistle:

No, I mean where it banks left half way through the race and the camera takes over... not the right turn at the end of the ramp..

If you've been hit twice by that point, it is usually race over... To get 0.0.0 from there is a pretty good effort.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At the beginning, don't try and get the first couple balloons, but run straight and you should end up in front of the trainer, you can then venture to her side and get all the balloons left in front of you.

Also don't try and aim at getting every balloon, if it takes you 35ish seconds to finish the race, 12 balloons are enough to get you the trophy

At the beginning, don't try and get the first couple balloons, but run straight and you should end up in front of the trainer, you can then venture to her side and get all the balloons left in front of you.

Also don't try and aim at getting every balloon, if it takes you 35ish seconds to finish the race, 12 balloons are enough to get you the trophy

I am not very good at getting balloons, I consistently get around 9 balloons and 1 or 2 birds.

The best I managed so far is 11 balloons with no bird and 13 balloons with 1 bird. Both, if I wasn't scared at the end and just got 1 more balloon, I would had succeeded... :(

I am not very good at getting balloons, I consistently get around 9 balloons and 1 or 2 birds.

The best I managed so far is 11 balloons with no bird and 13 balloons with 1 bird. Both, if I wasn't scared at the end and just got 1 more balloon, I would had succeeded... :(

just keep at it! Took me about 30 mins to get this, but it is partially luck based. One tip, when a bird is coming for you, do a 90 degree turn by holding down left or right and turn hard. its better to do that and loose 1 second than to risk still getting hit by it!

Try the narrow "fall to death/revolving spike" platforming sequences on God of War Collection on Vita, and then try it with a large TV screen and dual shock controller..

There's your answer..

*instant (God of) War flashbacks*

I could not imagine that plus Challenge 10 on the Vita. On the PS3 my hands were literally shaking for a half hour or so after completing Challenge 10. It was not a good time.

Anyways, these two plus the Lightning are extremely doable on the Vita. I actually had access to the PS3 version as a friend had it as well as my older brother. But I wanted to do everything on the Vita...since I bought it for the Vita :p

For the Rider trophy, using the d-pad gives you a fighting chance. And tap in the direction. Even then, before that, my best was like 10-2 and 9-0. Most times it was like 7-5. It took, maybe, 30-45 min to get 13-0 and the trophy. Analog is better for Master I felt. I found I had better control. Once you know the path, you can work on bettering your time at certain points (pay attention to your time one you hit each chest). From there, you just got to hope it's good enough. My last 5 plus before I got it were attempts that failed because I couldn't cut off the other chocobo at the very end. Lighting is, really, all about rhythm. Once you understand what works and do it a handful of times, it almost becomes muscle memory. Also, I actually suggest not pausing and not counting. It throws you off your rhythm and gives you more stress than you need. At around 20 min you should be fine. My run was around a half hour and I ended up with 369.

Regardless of your system or skill, you just have to keep trying.