Wow, I didn't think a bronze trophy would beat me...(Chocobo Catcher)

eatmyeyeballs

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it incredibly annoying, but the trick is to only control the chocobo using left and right on the analog stick. It's just instinct for me to try to control it by pressing forward on the stick too, but after I stopped doing that I got it on my second or third try.

I played this mini game probably 100s of frustrating times on the PS2 version to try and get Tidus' celestial weapon... I never did. And now I am back at the Calm Lands this time around I'm putting off even trying this trophy. I believe that this and collecting the butterflies might actually prevent me from playing this...

I played this mini game probably 100s of frustrating times on the PS2 version to try and get Tidus' celestial weapon... I never did. And now I am back at the Calm Lands this time around I'm putting off even trying this trophy. I believe that this and collecting the butterflies might actually prevent me from playing this...

Collecting butterflies is not needed for any trophy.

Thank fuck!

Is the Chocobo racing minigame any difficult on the Vita version? Sometimes certain gameplay can be more difficult on handhelds rather than on consoles.

I'm finding anything that requires more skill than scrolling a pointer through menus to select attacks and interchange members etc to be more challenging on Vita than I remember on PS2..

I never bothered trying the butterfly catching on the PS2 because it seemed a lot of work for a secondary character, but I did persist with it on Vita the other night for the second set of challenges after you get past Spherimorph... I spent a good half an hour before succeeding, and only tried a couple of times out of curiosity with the second... If I'm going to attempt that one again, I want to make sure the Sigil is on offer, not a megaelixar or HP sphere or something..

Last night I got to the calm lands and did the chocobo training so that I could take the chocobo to Remiem... I can't say it was that tricky, but aside from the first race they all took a few attempts.. I imagine when it is time to go for the Sigil there I will switch over to PS3.

Lighting dodges... a bit frustrating without no encounter, and not having an uber strength party to breeze through all the battles, but I was struggling to get 5 in a row. I was never that good at PS2, but I think I got between 50 and 100 a couple of times.

Is the Chocobo racing minigame any difficult on the Vita version? Sometimes certain gameplay can be more difficult on handhelds rather than on consoles.

I got Lightning Dancer + Chocobo Rider trophies (and Catching butterflies mini game) on Vita, and Chocobo Master on PS3, so I could say these mini games are easy to unlock on Vita (just my opinion :p)

Edited by LD2013

I did the Chocobo Catcher immediately after it unlocked (it took me the next day after 3-4 hours of trying but, I did it) just so I didn't have to worry about it later on. The butterfly catching was considerably easier than I remember it being 10 years ago. I still have to do the lightning nonsense though.

Just got down to 7seconds - quickest time I have ever done I believe. My increasingly angry screams of 'Fuck you, birds!! FUCK you!' Must be confusing the neighbours right now...

:rofl:

You can do it, don't let them weird seagull things drag you down! I found the only way you can get it is if you get a good start and most of the balloons are on your side. Annoyingly you can't cut acros her at the start cause she'll always get ahead of you :(

Yeah, When I was going for the 0.0.0, since the balloons spawn in random spots every time you retry, I just kept trying and hoping that they would appear right in front of me or in some easy spots to avoid birds as well...

Just started to listen to some music and kept on trying, got it on around my 20th try...? I think

The absolute key to this race is using the d-pad arrows to steer instead of the analogue stick. Just tap the arrow of whichever direction you want to turn and then hold left or right just before a bird approaches to easily dodge it. Also keep to the right on the first section rather than trying to cut across the trainer or she'll get ahead and grab all the easy balloons you desperately need. Using this I managed it on my 5th try with 12 balloons and no birds.