Best ways to farm Gil

During the end game you might want to farm more gil to pay Yojimbo to use the Zanmato. This will help you defeat Dark Aeons and even Penance or simply to buy and keep every sphere at the Luca Theater.

One of the best ways make fast gil is by selling a Regen Shield you made for 37,781 gil by doing the following:

1. Once you have the airship, travel to Kilika Port,
  2. Go the old lady selling weapons near the port docks
  3. Buy a lot of Tetra Shields armor for 2,250 gil.
  4. Return to the Calm Lands and go to the Monster Arena.
  5. Select Area Conquest, then select Kottos (capture at least one of each fiend from the Mi'ihen Highroad)
  6. Overkill Kottos for 40 Healing Springs. You need to be strong enough to do this. I use Yuna's overdrive to summon either Anima or The Magus Sisters. They both hit multiple times with their overdrives easily doing 80-99999 damage each hit.
  7. Customize the Tetra Shields with SOS Regen by using 12 Healing Springs. This creates Regen Shield
  8. Now sell the Regen Shield to make 37,781 gil per a Regen Shield you sell.
  9. Rinse and repeat as many times you desire.

Oh, in order to get Yuna's overdrive back. I'm using her fully powered up Celestial weapon Nirvana. The easiest Celestial weapon to get in my opinion. Then, have the overdrive mode set on Slayer. Select the Omega Dungeons, go to page 2, select Varuna. Overkill him easily with 1 Holy. To overkill him one shot, you need to be strong enough to deal at least 59k+. Meaning Yuna needs to be around 110+ Magic. Doing this twice will give Yuna here overdrive as well as a lot of experience.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or,

OMEGA DUNGEONS and Farm "MIMICS" right by the save sphere.

It's true that fight gives you 50,000 gil or twice if you have the double gil ability from battles. But that is chance and it rarely encounter plus luck if there is nothing in the chest to summon him.

The Regen shield method is faster, made 700k in roughly 50 minutes. Sitting at 1.1 million gil at the moment.

It's true that fight gives you 50,000 gil or twice if you have the double gil ability from battles. But that is chance and it rarely encounter plus luck if there is nothing in the chest to summon him.

The Regen shield method is faster, made 700k in roughly 50 minutes. Sitting at 1.1 million gil at the moment.

Hmmm that's interesting :think:

Of course you'd have "Double Gill" equipped in OMEGA,

and as I said, hang around the SAVE SPHERE,

going from memory, you always used to get Mimics, a lot, at the beginning of OMEGA RUINS.

Doing the maths quickly, you'd just need 7 fights in 50mins,

doesn't sound that bad...

When I get to it tho, I WILL try your method a few times just to see what it's like!

Also, like you say, NO FIGHTING, just good old CASH :)

Mimic is not a rare encounter and if anything I would defeat the OHKO monsters in the monster farm that can easily give you a fortune.

Yes, this is by far the most effecient way to get a lot of money.

No, it is not.

Yes it is. You have to do it one time and you have more gil than you will ever need.

No, it is not. OHKO farming is way more efficient. It is faster, cheap in the first place and brings more profit.

EDIT: There is nothing to dare. Other than you I do actually do these things without Gamefaqs or Final Fantasy Wikia or whatever you use so you could say I already dared myself. I very well am aware of the Kottos method and have also tried that one out. Fight an enemy that dies in one or two hits (two hits are not OHKO but can even bring you more Gil easily, and still three hits faster than Kottos who needs five and also slows your pace of playing by countering) and you can get a great amount of Gil. If you use valuable but easily obtainable items - as you seem to go for absolute profit - you can smith them on the gotten equipment and increase your profit even more. 100000 as you say is not bad but more can be gotten. And I don't need to spend 12000 Gil. Also, I do not use random encounters. They are monster farm monsters. And if we really go for random encounters, even Mimics and the other Omega monsters can bring more Gil in one hour (not necessarily but it is possible). I know all those methods. And they are not the only ones. Not to forget, for Kottos the best thing is to have either a team that is already strong enough to blow him away or a character that is strong and fast enough (for beating him fast as we go for time in efficiency as well, it might be a few minutes but that summarizes). For the other method you need only one character and that also saves time. You must consider all those apects.

Also you said you have to do it only once to get more Gil than you need. 100000 Gil are not more than you ever need. And if you mean one hour, there are still people who need more Gil.

By the time you have slain one Kottos you can at least slay 2 1-Hit/2-Hit enemies because of the lack of turns, hits and counters, that you need to calculate for the Kottos battle. The worst scenario is that you don't get a 100000 profit-equipment summarized from the other enemies but if that happens they can still be increased that much with certain items so there very well is the profit you need. And of course you do not need to get Gil to buy things in Kilika or train more characters. Your problem is you defend a method that you have heard me called "bad" but I didn't. It is just not the most efficient one. And "by far" not even close. And before I forget it, you even save time because you collect depending on which enemes your defeat-stat up spheres that you don't need to get later. Garbage (uninteresting abilities), upgraded with items: Enough profit. Good equipment upgraded with items = fortune, stat up abilities = very good. Efficient².

Edited by Cetra

Yes, this is by far the most effecient way to get a lot of money. I actually got like 5-6 million doing this trick since I had just sold everything so I had many many Regen Shields to sell. And it only takes like a hour to do.

No, it is not.

Yes it is. You have to do it one time and you have more gil than you will ever need.

No, it is not. OHKO farming is way more efficient. It i faster, cheap in the first place and brings more profit.

Kottos dies like in 4 hits, and you get like 100,000 per Kottos. 12 healing springs to SOS regen, you get 40 of them killing Kottos so you get 3 armors and 4 healing springs extra (let's say that's 10000 gil). You sell each armor like 32000 gil + you get 6000-10000 gil from the weapon/armor that Kottos drops. And you don't have to trust for randomeness so you can get the right encounter, because you can get Kottos everytime.

- Cost = 3 * 2,250 + 6,000 = 12,750 gil. 2,250 is the price of Tetra Armor. 6,000 is the price for fighting Kottos one time

- Sell = 3 * 37,781 = 113,343 gil. 37,781 is the price for selling Regen Shield/Ring/Bracer/Armguard/Bangle/Armlet/Targe

- Profit = 113,343 - 12,750 = 100,593

- Additional Profit( it can vary ) depending on what Kottos dropped ~ 10 K gil.

I dare you, let's see who can get more gil in one hour.

EDIT:

So how do you farm money?

Edited by SiaBBo

Way to Copy/Paste, dude...

1. Fighting Kottos Method

- Kottos will by default drop 40 Healing Springs.

- With this you can customize at least 3 armor (Tetra Shield/Ring/Bracer/Armguard/Bangle/Armlet/Targe) bought from Kilika Port to add SOS Regen Capability because SOS Regen needs 12 Healing Springs

- Cost = 3 * 2,250 + 6,000 = 12,750 gil. 2,250 is the price of Tetra Armor. 6,000 is the price for fighting Kottos one time

- Sell = 3 * 37,781 = 113,343 gil. 37,781 is the price for selling Regen Shield/Ring/Bracer/Armguard/Bangle/Armlet/Targe

- Profit = 113,343 - 12,750 = 100,593

- Additional Profit( it can vary ) depending on what Kottos dropped ~ 10 K gil.

2. Fighting One Eye Method

- At most, we want to expect that he will drop Triple AP weapon with 2 empty slots if lucky.

- If not it will drop useless armor/Triple AP weapon with 1 empty slot.

- Cost = 8,000 gil (for fighting One-Eye)

- Sell = 67,556 gil (if Triple AP weapon with 2 empty slots)

- Profit = 67,556 - 8,000 = 59,556 gil

3. Fighting Earth Eater

- Tips: Deathproof Armor will help, Auto-Haste and Auto-Shell will do good as well

- This is preferable because it can maximize your net profit for one fight. However, it depends on your luck as well.

- He sometimes drop Shaman Armor w 2/3 empty slots OR Triple Overdrive Weapon w 2/3 empty slots.

- Of course 3 empty slots Armor OR Weapon will sell at the maximum

- Cost = 15,000 gil

- Sell :

1. Shaman Armor with 2 empty slots : 13,556 gil

2. Shaman Armor with 3 empty slots : 45,187 gil

3. Triple Overdrive Weapon with 2 empty slots : 45,056 gil

4. Triple Overdrive Weapon with 3 empty slots : 150,187 gil

- Profit:

1. Shaman Armor with 2 empty slots : Loss

2. Shaman Armor with 3 empty slots : 45,187 - 15,000 = 30,187 gil (much less than fighting Kottos)

3. Triple Overdrive Weapon with 2 empty slots : 45,056 - 15,000 = 30,056 gil (much less than fighting Kottos)

4. Triple Overdrive Weapon with 3 empty slots : 150,187 - 15,000 = 135,187 (more than fighting Kottos)

source - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/197344-final-fantasy-x/67936617

Edited by Metdevil

EDIT:

So how do you farm money?

I already explained it to you in a very long and not stolen, uncredited post that does not depend on just the experience of others. This is efficiency that cannot be beaten as it covers more and multiple aspects at the same time. More enemies in the same amount of time = more Gil overall + saved time for the other tasks.

Edited by Cetra

I already explained it to you in a very long and not stolen, uncredited post that does not depend on just the experience of others. This is efficiency that cannot be beaten as it covers more and multiple aspects at the same time. More enemies in the same amount of time = more Gil overall + saved time for the other tasks.

So which monsterfarm monster did you Went for? I guess the language barrier is in my Way here since i do not understand what you did exactly to get Money.

Back on PS2 i grinded money in the omega ruins since i got lots of AP too.

So which monsterfarm monster did you Went for? I guess the language barrier is in my Way here since i do not understand what you did exactly to get Money.

Back on PS2 i grinded money in the omega ruins since i got lots of AP too.

There are a handful monsters, Metdevil already mentioned the best one. The One-Eye can be fought multiple times during the Kottos time. It drops MP Spheres and 3x AP weapons. As we go for item customization in that comparison, the garbage equipment and the good equipment can be used for profit because even if it is not all that great you have several options to use items and smith highly valuable outfits out of them. This depends on how far you are then and so which items you have already but as this is a near end discussion the availability of items is no problem. Of course that also adds flexibility to that method as you do not need to go a certain way all the time but very easily can work with what you have very often.

And the Omega Ruins are technically enough to get Gil so you are doing good there.

Edited by Cetra

In general if you want just a few Gil and some valuable spheres, I recommend you the OHKO mushroom in the monster farm. It does not drop that valuable items like 3x AP equipment but items good enough for quick Gil if you don't care for a high amount and it brings Telepo Spheres with it which also are of great use.

In general if you want just a few Gil and some valuable spheres, I recommend you the OHKO mushroom in the monster farm. It does not drop that valuable items like 3x AP equipment but items good enough for quick Gil if you don't care for a high amount and it brings Telepo Spheres with it which also are of great use.

Teleport spheres will definitely (sp?) come in handy. I have to Look up the item Drops from the farm Monsters again anyway once i start maxing,my stats.

I just went from around 520k to over 1,840,000 million in 45 minutes of selling Regen Shields. It is the best method for sure.

Edit: Plus 6 * 37,781 more since I had the 83 Healing Springs on me, just ran out of sheilds. So I'm at 2,066,686 gil now.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

I just went from around 520k to over 1,840,000 million in 45 minutes of selling Regen Shields. It is the best method for sure.

Edit: Plus 6 * 37,781 more since I had the 83 Healing Springs on me, just ran out of sheilds. So I'm at 2,066,686 gil now.

As said, it is good but the other method can bring you more and also gives you items you need later. I have tried them out since 2002 very often. Faster and more defeats plus items speak for that and of course it is flexible - but don't be to flexible with it or you will decrease the value and mess it up.

Edited by Cetra

I can't remember which method was best for me when I played on PS2, but the one that I remember most was the One Eyes, So I'm guessing that's what I used most often. From what I remember, it was the safest of the arena's monsters. But then, it's been so long since I did a 'hardcore' playthrough of FFX.

Also, I can't be bothered nicking another post on other methods that no one else uses.

Oh cmon Cetra. We're talking about the money. Not about spheres or "useful equipment." Fastest way to get gil is Kottos. And that's that. And yes. I did it one time and I have enough gil for the rest of the game.

EDIT: I used a lot of bribe. So, whatever.

Edited by SiaBBo

You just won't understand and can't leave it, okay. So keep copying your Gamefaqs pages, I'll do what I am known for. In the end the information I give and has helped all the time speaks for itself. That begins to bore me and this type of person is really common. I already have seen your multiple posts since January trying to show off unjustified with whatever (and me showing off now: I did not even try hard with my posts) so any further posts that irritate people about will be reported from now on. You don't need to be insulting to get reported.

Efficiency covers many things. And the "useful" equipment obviously was not understood by you as this is the equipment that can modified bring you more Gil in the same time.

Edited by Cetra

Oh cmon Cetra. We're talking about the money. Not about spheres or "useful equipment." Fastest way to get gil is Kottos. And that's that. And yes. I did it one time and I have enough gil for the rest of the game.

Not if you're going to be bribing you won't...

SiaBBo, I think you should change your av to something more fitting, like a pouting little girl. Here's one: http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx/aeonart/00001.jpg

Edited by Metdevil