Story Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

PainOfDemise

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/breadskin-albums-ps3t-stuff-picture33128-spoiler-warning.pngWARNING! http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/members/breadskin-albums-ps3t-stuff-picture33128-spoiler-warning.png

SPOILER TAGS ARE NOT USED IN THIS THREAD!

You have entered a spoiler tag free zone about the game Final Fantasy X. This thread has been created to discuss anything Final Fantasy X related. You are permitted to discuss key plot points, boss battles and any part of the story openly without the use of SPOILER TAGS. Please note, this is not a "How do I..." thread. Any posts like this will be deleted.

In summary, this is a SPOILER TAG free zone. You do not have to use SPOILER TAGS within this thread. This thread is immune. Failure to use spoiler tags outside of this thread may result in a temporary ban.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man You gotta love those CGI cutsceens Like when Aoran pull you up in to SIn or That one beautiful where Yuna and your character Kiss I say your character cause you can change his name.This game look like a ps3 game but With HD beta graphics but still look like really HD graphics if that make any sense lol even for the vita I looks great hell Sin look fantasic in CGI

Man You gotta love those CGI cutsceens Like when Aoran pull you up in to SIn or That one beautiful where Yuna and your character Kiss I say your character cause you can change his name.This game look like a ps3 game but With HD beta graphics but still look like really HD graphics if that make any sense lol even for the vita I looks great hell Sin look fantasic in CGI

Square were quite the CGI master back in the day, just look at CGI cutscenes in FFVIII and IX.

Square were quite the CGI master back in the day, just look at CGI cutscenes in FFVIII and IX.

Yes they are masters of the CGI and I think they're still pretty good at making freaking awesome cutscenes just look at LRFF13 soooo beautiful ^.^ in my opinion just looking at HD remastered CGI from square is just pretty to look at

Yes they are masters of the CGI and I think they're still pretty good at making freaking awesome cutscenes just look at LRFF13 soooo beautiful ^.^ in my opinion just looking at HD remastered CGI from square is just pretty to look at

Mmm, totally agree. They never stopped being good at graphics, if anything other companies just finally caught up :p

I didn't understand the story when I was young... I thought Tidus literally went 1000 years into the future, I only found out the real story about a year back when I decided to play this on the ps2 again. I'm not the only one, right?! :o

anyways I'm loving this remake, one of my favorite games of all time ^.^

I didn't understand the story when I was young... I thought Tidus literally went 1000 years into the future, I only found out the real story about a year back when I decided to play this on the ps2 again. I'm not the only one, right?! :o

That's not entirely your fault. Many things only are totally described in the Ultimania such as Dream Zanarkand being actually in Spira but far out on the ocean.

Yeah, I think it is supposed to be implied that way, up until you've done that part at the end of Mt. Gagazet, just before entering Zanarkand. Nothing says otherwise if I remember correctly.

At least, that is what I like to think. When I first played the game, I thought the same thing, that it was a case of time travel of sorts. :)

Not really a discussion about the story, but more of wanting to highlight one of my favourite lines from the story, having just witnessed it again:

"People die. And Yuna dances."

Nice to know, after all these years, I still smirk at that line. :applause:

Edited by InjusticeReborn

And I kept on saying that Sin was Yu Yevon... only cause I forgot that Jecht decided to be the Final Aeon for Braska. So yeah, Jecht is Sin... completely forgot about it for sure.

And yeah, the whole Zanarkand thing too being a dream that the Fayth dreamed up, along with Tidus at the very least (I forget about Auron... but guessing I'll find out again soon enough, since I'm at Zanarkand in my game at long last).

That's not entirely your fault. Many things only are totally described in the Ultimania such as Dream Zanarkand being actually in Spira but far out on the ocean.

I always thought that Dream Zanarkand was IN Sin which is why every time Tidus encounters Sin in the beginning of the game and during the final battle, you see Tidus's Zanarkand.

I thought Dream Zanakand, actually existed in Spira. its just a few hundred miles off the coast of the Al Bhed Island or something.

Or maybe that was just a fan interpretation

EDIT: from the wikki

Dream Zanarkand is a location in Final Fantasy X that exists far out on the sea of Spira and is known as a city of light that never sleeps.
Edited by MikeMan54

I thought Dream Zanakand, actually existed in Spira. its just a few hundred miles off the coast of the Al Bhed Island or something.

Or maybe that was just a fan interpretation

EDIT: from the wikki

That all sounds plausible but, why is Zanarkand in the background? Are you telling me there's 4 versions of Zanarkand that exist simultaneously in Spira? There's Zanarkand Ruins, Dream Zanarkand, The Zanarkand Hologram that Seymour shows the group when you get to Guadosalam, and the mysterious Zanarkand you see in the background while inside SIN at least twice? And if it is just off the coast of Bikanel Island, wouldn't a city that's as bright and as large as that be pretty easy to find when The Al Bhed the kind of group of people that are known for their Deep Sea Salvaging operations? They surely would have found it if it's in their home turf.

Edited by rongaryen

I have no idea what im talking about, but...

Seymour shows a tour of actual Zanarkand.

The Zanarkand Ruins are the Ruins of Dream Zanarkand. i figured. that Zanarkand was a real place. bright lights and all. then it got destroyed. So it became a ruin. But all the dead people were never sent. so they all stuck around, and recreated it. hence DREAM Zanarkand.

And Sin just projects a memory of how Jecht remembers Zanarkand?

and i guess if its all one big dream city. then the Al Bhed can't see it or interact with it? (yeah. i admit this is where my made up theories just fall to pieces.)

Edited by MikeMan54

The wall of Fayth you run into are the ones summoning the Dream Zanarkand along with Jecht and Tidus. The final scene shows that as their dream fades because of the death of sin, Tidus starts to fade because he is apart of that dream. With Yuna performing the sending after the defeat of sin, all the souls trapped by Sin are sent to the farplane, including Braska and Jecht.

Yu Yevon summoned Sin but, then lives inside it and when a summoner kills Sin, Yu Yevon takes control of the Aeon and kills the summoner then seems to incubate for 10 years at a time. I assume that the absorbing of souls that Sin does is what makes him grow into what he becomes.

...I wonder how much of this is explained in X2? I've never played it passed chapter 4 so I don't know anything about it.

I always thought that Dream Zanarkand was IN Sin which is why every time Tidus encounters Sin in the beginning of the game and during the final battle, you see Tidus's Zanarkand.

Dream Zanarkand exists (existed) on the Spira, somewhere on the sea. That is stated in the Ultimania Omega. The Gagazet fayth began to dream zanarkand and everything with it (making the beings there not non-existent but more of an artificial intelligence, they do have a physical body and are individual beings with a consciousness but at the same time their existence is bound to the fayth's dream - the artificial intelligence comparing is from me, that is no quote, it is just a fitting example with its definitions as their origin was not biological from a natural point but they actually are living beings with an actual consciousness and can even enter the farplane like every other lifeform as they really have souls and a consciousness to exist, the whole "they don't exist" over 10 years ago was a big misunderstanding from fans, after being dreamed, the have a biological body and are corporeal, in fact many of the Zanarkand people, probably even Tidus, but that was never mentioned, can really be conceived because of being physically existent and so not all are just directly dreamed but only bound to the dream - this was not mentioned however).

When Jecht began to leave Zanarkand he was not spit out by [sin] or sucked into the dimension of Spira, he was on Spira in the first place. He just went too far away (something that normally does not happen the other way around with people knowing about [sin] so no wonder Zanarkand was not found). [sin] itself has multiple layers of dimensions and memories inside of its body. That is why you see Zanarkand and dead people inside of [sin]. It has nothing to do with [sin] having Zanarkand inside of its body in the first place. Auron rides Jecht to come to Zanarkand while Jecht cannot be there for Tidus, Auron keeps an eye on Tidus. Jecht comes to Zanarkand and gets Tidus to leave Spira so he drags him with him to help him as he partly can control himself (which he does multiple times during the story).

There are no 4 actual Zanarkands. Only the ruins from 1000 years ago, the Dream Zanarkand and the one Seymour shows is just a projection that is not really where Seymour shows you. It just was there for demonstration and to show you what once existed and what Zanarkand was like as the Spheres in Final Fantasy X are the same as Materia from Final Fantasy VII since they have the same universe. Spheres and Materia contain memories.

The Zanarkand inside of [sin] is not actually totally defined but as explained, there are multiple dimensions of what exists inside of [sin]. It is both the memories and what was left of Zanarkand when [sin] began to destroy it, depending on what we are talking about, so from an actual existent point the leftovers of Dream Zanarkand that were absorbed by [sin] plus the projection of memories (and of course some actual life - Jecht for example is his real soul and not just a memory).

The story itself is not the clearest about Zanarkand. It goes from a time travelling guess to a possible jumping from a dream dimension to the physical dimension guess but actually it even mentions with its implications that Zanarkand is in Spira and the Ultimania confirms that in the end.

Edited by Cetra

this really, despite completing it on PS2 About ten times, i rarely got involved in the story, now im in my mid twenties i understand the storyline much better, even playing through for the 1100th time you do notice subtle differences that you couldnt see on PS2 (Graphically its superb) such as the pyreflies around Auron at specific parts of the games, being older it certainly helps you notice the clues and hints you miss as a youngster, im only up to the Calm Lands now grinding out a bit of AP but its saddening in the same sense i cant get invested in a game in the same way i did during the PS2 era.

I certainly dont care as much for protagonists and characters in games now as i did for the likes of Tidus or the Captain Qwark in early Ratchet and Clank games, maybe its just a byproduct of my youth thinking it was the best it will ever get (games wise) and despite the innovation and progress still hold onto those feelings i had for games then as the zenith of gaming.

Anyway its an amazing game and even a game that had my younger sister who at the time had very little interest in games got hooked by, shes still a gamer now haha

Dream Zanarkand exists (existed) on the Spira, somewhere on the sea. That is stated in the Ultimania Omega. The Gagazet fayth began to dream zanarkand and everything with it (making the beings there not non-existent but more of an artificial intelligence, they do have a physical body and are individual beings with a consciousness but at the same time their existence is bound to the fayth's dream - the artificial intelligence comparing is from me, that is no quote, it is just a fitting example with its definitions as their origin was not biological from a natural point but they actually are living beings with an actual consciousness and can even enter the farplane like every other lifeform as they really have souls and a consciousness to exist, the whole "they don't exist" over 10 years ago was a big misunderstanding from fans, after being dreamed, the have a biological body and are corporeal, in fact many of the Zanarkand people, probably even Tidus, but that was never mentioned, can really be conceived because of being physically existent and so not all are just directly dreamed but only bound to the dream - this was not mentioned however).

When Jecht began to leave Zanarkand he was not spit out by [sin] or sucked into the dimension of Spira, he was on Spira in the first place. He just went too far away (something that normally does not happen the other way around with people knowing about [sin] so no wonder Zanarkand was not found). [sin] itself has multiple layers of dimensions and memories inside of its body. That is why you see Zanarkand and dead people inside of [sin]. It has nothing to do with [sin] having Zanarkand inside of its body in the first place. Auron rides Jecht to come to Zanarkand while Jecht cannot be there for Tidus, Auron keeps an eye on Tidus. Jecht comes to Zanarkand and gets Tidus to leave Spira so he drags him with him to help him as he partly can control himself (which he does multiple times during the story).

There are no 4 actual Zanarkands. Only the ruins from 1000 years ago, the Dream Zanarkand and the one Seymour shows is just a projection that is not really where Seymour shows you. It just was there for demonstration and to show you what once existed and what Zanarkand was like as the Spheres in Final Fantasy X are the same as Materia from Final Fantasy VII since they have the same universe. Spheres and Materia contain memories.

The Zanarkand inside of [sin] is not actually totally defined but as explained, there are multiple dimensions of what exists inside of [sin]. It is both the memories and what was left of Zanarkand when [sin] began to destroy it, depending on what we are talking about, so from an actual existent point the leftovers of Dream Zanarkand that were absorbed by [sin] plus the projection of memories (and of course some actual life - Jecht for example is his real soul and not just a memory).

The story itself is not the clearest about Zanarkand. It goes from a time travelling guess to a possible jumping from a dream dimension to the physical dimension guess but actually it even mentions with its implications that Zanarkand is in Spira and the Ultimania confirms that in the end.

when you play through Final Fantasy X-2 you'll get other bits of information that leads you to believe the bolded is true, about the shared universe, ill not ruin it here (as many may not have played X-2)but when i was reading about it a few months ago it made a hell of a lot of sense