Question about the 200 lightning dodges

Tabion

Hi all,

I have a question for those who have played the HD version already.

in the thunderplains when you do the dodge 200 lightning, does:

The trophy pop when you hit 200 dodges?

or

The trophy pops when you claim the sigil from the chest?

im just curious because if it pops on the 200th dodge then i dont have to count my dodges :D

but if not then ill have to keep track of the 200 haha

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I have a question for those who have played the HD version already.

in the thunderplains when you do the dodge 200 lightning, does:

The trophy pop when you hit 200 dodges?

or

The trophy pops when you claim the sigil from the chest?

im just curious because if it pops on the 200th dodge then i dont have to count my dodges :D

but if not then ill have to keep track of the 200 haha

It pops when you get the Holy Seal from the chest, so be sure to count them.

.... I thought the "Cactur Stone" spot would be more easier?? :think:

Can anyone confirm if this spot still works in the HD version??

I don't know of the Cactuar stone location, but from what I understand it just doesn't let you move but the lightning strike are random. The problem with that location is there's some lag in the game with the lightning strikes and that can have you not dodging many. The crater area works well because you're forcing the lightning to strike and so you're able to anticipate it and correct your timing for the lag.

I don't know of the Cactuar stone location, but from what I understand it just doesn't let you move but the lightning strike are random. The problem with that location is there's some lag in the game with the lightning strikes and that can have you not dodging many. The crater area works well because you're forcing the lightning to strike and so you're able to anticipate it and correct your timing for the lag.

Ah right I see now :think::o

I'm going to have to give this new forcing method a try!

Now I think about it your right too about the lag,

and in some cases the lack of it.

I remember on the PS2 you may almost double press (X) at times as you'd get 2 lighten strikes in a row making it even more intense.

.... Who said "Lightening never strikes in the same place twice" ... :rofl: :rolleyes:

Ah right I see now :think::o

I'm going to have to give this new forcing method a try!

Now I think about it your right too about the lag,

and in some cases the lack of it.

I remember on the PS2 you may almost double press (X) at times as you'd get 2 lighten strikes in a row making it even more intense.

.... Who said "Lightening never strikes in the same place twice" ... :rofl: :rolleyes:

I even switched from my HDMI cable plus HDTV to a Scart cable plus my old TV becase of the delay. And I also had the black bars to focus on this way.

• 4 weeks later...
Crap all the things you need to do to make those celestial weapons worth using, sooooooo time consuming. Still gonna do it though.

None of them really bother me too much, personally. Chocobo Balloon race, butterflies and lightning are all tricky, but usually it comes down to memorization, practice, and a little bit of luck, at least with the first two. Lightning dodging usually means me turning the lights off (I don't know, it helps maybe), and just really focusing for a good while.

If anything, I find getting the sigil for Wakka's celestial weapon is the most annoying, because you have to keep doing tournaments and it's totally random if it appears as the prize or not. Some playthroughs I've gotten it pretty quickly, others I had to keep going, and going, and going.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey one question about dodging. Can you lets say dodge 20 go to save sphere and if you mess up, reload that file and continue from 20 consecutive dodges etc...or does it reset?

Of course you can't save. This is your father's Final Fantasy...

now here's a question:

If I dodge 200+ strikes... then get struck on the way to the chest, will I have to do it all over again?

Of course you can't save. This is your father's Final Fantasy...

now here's a question:

If I dodge 200+ strikes... then get struck on the way to the chest, will I have to do it all over again?

If you get hit after say 205 lightning no you won't have to do it again it will have already registered the 200 dodge at the treasure chest. Pretty sure thats how it goes.

Edited by Shanoa

How are people dealing with the lag in the Ps Vita version?

Badly.. need to try it some more when I have no encounters, but the best spot I've found is the corner over by the save sphere outside of Guadosalam.. the crater and me+lag just isn't working for me, especially with encounters..