Rate the platinum difficulty  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty

• 1 -Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_65.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.62

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished the (P) and after much mental deliberation, decided to vote this one 5/10. It's a small step up from the XIII trilogy in the raw difficulty department, but a fairly significant step up in the time investment department - my final time was 126 hours.

Proper planning and research is a big component to this trophy set. You need to nab all the Celestial Weapons and their Crests/Sigils, create good equipment (I personally vouch for Def+20%, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect and Auto-Phoenix on a primary armor and Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect and Auto-Phoenix on a secondary armor for certain fights), leverage the Don Tonberry leveling trick (which requires specialized weapons - Triple AP, Triple Overdrive, Overdrive --> AP), carefully plan out the Sphere Grid (especially as far as Luck is concerned - boost it to the 100-120 range, then clear it all out before starting toward Perfect Sphere Master (G)) etc... in short, there's a lot to this game, it's brimming with content and the trophy set requires you to accomplish the vast majority of it all. If you never played Final Fantasy X back on the PS2, expect to spend a fair bit of time studying Split Infinity's guide on GameFAQs.

The only version of Final Fantasy X I had played prior to this was the original Japanese release on PS2, which was identical to the NTSC version - therefore, it lacked the Dark Aeons and Penance, so those were a completely new experience for me. Honestly, I didn't feel like they lived up to the hype; aside from the aforementioned 100+ Luck prerequisite to hit a few of the DAs (which thankfully I already had a heads up about, so it didn't come as a surprise) they really weren't all that hard. Even Penance was extremely formulaic; it is a long battle, but as long as you know the proper strategy and come with the proper equipment, there's nothing hard about it at all. But again, the aforementioned planning and research comes into play there; if someone, say, filled out the Sphere Grid with nothing but HP nodes everywhere out of ignorance, all starry-eyed at the idea of 99,999 HP rather than maxing out at 255 STR/DEF/MDEF/ACC/EVA/SPD and 100+ LUK, then... well, good luck, haha.

Just finished the (P) and after much mental deliberation, decided to vote this one 5/10. It's a small step up from the XIII trilogy in the raw difficulty department, but a fairly significant step up in the time investment department - my final time was 126 hours.

Proper planning and research is a big component to this trophy set. You need to nab all the Celestial Weapons and their Crests/Sigils, create good equipment (I personally vouch for Def+20%, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect and Auto-Phoenix on a primary armor and Ribbon, Auto-Haste, Auto-Protect and Auto-Phoenix on a secondary armor for certain fights), leverage the Don Tonberry leveling trick (which requires specialized weapons - Triple AP, Triple Overdrive, Overdrive --> AP), carefully plan out the Sphere Grid (especially as far as Luck is concerned - boost it to the 100-120 range, then clear it all out before starting toward Perfect Sphere Master (G)) etc... in short, there's a lot to this game, it's brimming with content and the trophy set requires you to accomplish the vast majority of it all. If you never played Final Fantasy X back on the PS2, expect to spend a fair bit of time studying Split Infinity's guide on GameFAQs.

The only version of Final Fantasy X I had played prior to this was the original Japanese release on PS2, which was identical to the NTSC version - therefore, it lacked the Dark Aeons and Penance, so those were a completely new experience for me. Honestly, I didn't feel like they lived up to the hype; aside from the aforementioned 100+ Luck prerequisite to hit a few of the DAs (which thankfully I already had a heads up about, so it didn't come as a surprise) they really weren't all that hard. Even Penance was extremely formulaic; it is a long battle, but as long as you know the proper strategy and come with the proper equipment, there's nothing hard about it at all. But again, the aforementioned planning and research comes into play there; if someone, say, filled out the Sphere Grid with nothing but HP nodes everywhere out of ignorance, all starry-eyed at the idea of 99,999 HP rather than maxing out at 255 STR/DEF/MDEF/ACC/EVA/SPD and 100+ LUK, then... well, good luck, haha.

You didn't use Break HP Limit against Penance? :think:

I'm right behind Aeliana, almost have the platinum trophy and dropping my vote as a 5 as well. If you played this before (especially the international version), have done most of the requirements, and remember a decent amount of the game it's nothing special, probably less than a 5. As someone who played the North American release, the Dark Aeons and Penance were brand new; though I did remember quite a bit of the regular game. Once you get the Monster Arena open there's pretty much nothing you can't do as long as you invest the time. It's also just a judgement call of wanting to spend more time grinding to make the fights easier, or jumping in head first and doing it the harder/longer way.

Nope, didn't need to. If the arms are dead, he only has one attack, it's single-target, and it deals less than 9999 damage if you have 255 DEF, DEF +20% and 5x Cheer.

Interesting, so I guess you can take Obliteration just fine as well? Grinding Break HP Limit takes some time and killing Shinryu is boring so using Def+20% might save couple of hours.

Edited by SiaBBo

Interesting, so I guess you can take Obliteration just fine as well? Grinding Break HP Limit takes some time and killing Shinryu is boring so using Def+20% might save couple of hours.

It can be handled as long as you do Cheer 5 times, and dispell the Armor Break. The fight lasts longer since you need to pay more attention to healing and can't risk his arms getting an attack in, but you save time overall by not having to grind/create specialized gear.

To get Cheerx5 going ASAP, mix Rikku's Hyper Mighty G. If you're gonna be using guy's multi-hit overdrives, you may also want to mix Eccentric (not sure on the name of the mix, and too lazy to look it up), which doubles the rate at which overdrive gauge fills.

Why would you do that? Hyper Mighty G is useless since you have Auto-Haste and Auto-Protect. You don't need shell and regen is just silly. Auto-life isn't really necessary either.

Why would you do that? Hyper Mighty G is useless since you have Auto-Haste and Auto-Protect. You don't need shell and regen is just silly. Auto-life isn't really necessary either.

Uhhh, I was way off with that Mix. What I had in mind was Ultra NulAll - aside from all four Nul statuses you gain x5 effect for Cheer, Focus, Reflex and Aim.

Robioto, you only need to get to five chests and win the race. If you touch any poles, it doesn't matter.

Uhhh, I was way off with that Mix. What I had in mind was Ultra NulAll - aside from all four Nul statuses you gain x5 effect for Cheer, Focus, Reflex and Aim.

Holy crap, I didn't even think to use Ultra NulAll, I only mixed 0 MP Consumption and Trio of 9999. Well now Penance is even MORE of a cakewalk. :p

Robioto, you only need to get to five chests and win the race. If you touch any poles, it doesn't matter.

^ Yup, this. You can touch the poles for the purpose of the trophy, which makes it a lot easier. I personally did it without touching the poles to get the prize and it took me about an hour of practice (and there is an element of luck to it w/ the opponent chocobo).

Your mileage may vary, but my personal experience was that collecting Sigils was much easier than I remembered them when I originally played FFX back in high school.

If Zanmato is allowed for Trophy, should be a 3 maximum, lightnings could be a trouble, but evrything else is very simple.

Perhaps. For those of us with FFX experience back on the PS2, I think it could be voted as low as 3. But in addition to the aforementioned lightning, I can also see potential for newcomers to the game getting shellshocked by the requirements for Tidus' Sigil, burning out on Monster Capturing & Arena grinds, and not optimizing the SG correctly forcing them to Clear Sphere a ton and redo it. Even if you rely on Zanmato, you're simply replacing the Arena grind with a Gil/Yojimbo Compatibility grind.

The community consensus is that the FFXIII trilogy is around 3-4/10 difficulty and I do think FFX is a step up from that, the size of the step being dependent mainly on your prior experience w/ the game and proper planning/research into the most efficient ways of tackling the post-game content.

Like always beginning with a 5 it is a 7-8 (which is around a 6-7 for those who rate normal and not with a 5 as standard) for the first time. However it was not my first Final Fantasy X experience so for me personally it was easier. Catcher Chocobo and Greased Lightning as well as the Remium Temple Racing are partially luck and skill and a matter of attention but that's the harder achievable trophies. The Lightning Bolts can also be harder depending on which cable you use because the delay of transmission (which always is there even if almost not noticable in most or many cases as it should be) can be, despite being shorter than a second, long enough so you don't see it too soon and that is bad for this mini game and so you cannot really build the streak or very hard which is also the reason why I changed from HDMI to RGB which had a shorter delay. The super bosses can be defeated with Zanmatou which is unfortunate when it comes to leaving out a good battle but for trophies alone it does not matter and you can always keep a save data for a normal battle with them - for me personally I defeated them on PS2 anyway as I have the PAL version so it is nothing I don't know.

But again, the aforementioned planning and research comes into play there; if someone, say, filled out the Sphere Grid with nothing but HP nodes everywhere out of ignorance, all starry-eyed at the idea of 99,999 HP rather than maxing out at 255 STR/DEF/MDEF/ACC/EVA/SPD and 100+ LUK, then... well, good luck, haha.

Which ignorance? I can show you my PS2 board with both 99999 HP and maximized stats.

Edited by Cetra

Did all the requirements back in the day and also re done it a year or so ago too. All the trophies are not a problem for me, its just the length of time it will take to Plat!! (also have the original piggyback guide to speed things up a bit :-))

The International Version was also the one I played.

I'm voting a 5 just because of the Butterfly Hunt!! That was randomly always the hardest thing for me to do.

Thanks, that sounds fine. I'm actually content with the trophy list then. The Lightning Dodging has never really been an issue for me and I seemed to have mastered the Chocobo race. (famous last words!)

The Butterfly Hunt isn't required for any trophies. You need to get the Spirit Lance, of course, but you don't need to obtain that particular Sigil.

Good, my most hated minigame!

Edited by Bounty V
please use the edit function instead of double posting

Which ignorance? I can show you my PS2 board with both 99999 HP and maximized stats.

99999 HP is all well and good as a true completionist and someone who loves Final Fantasy, but from a trophy hunting standpoint, it is unnecessary and a waste of time. It is hours and hours of additional grinding that doesn't make the (P) easier to attain in any way, because all of the objectives can be just as easily (or perhaps MORE easily, considering the fact that the Celestial Weapons - sans Masamune - do more damage the closer you are to Max HP) completed without it.

Don't get me wrong, if someone goes through the effort to get 99999 HP as well as +4 on every node, that's neat - good job. But if someone's primary goal is to earn the (P), all of that effort is extremely inefficient.

99999 HP is all well and good as a true completionist and someone who loves Final Fantasy, but from a trophy hunting standpoint, it is unnecessary and a waste of time. It is hours and hours of additional grinding that doesn't make the (P) easier to attain in any way, because all of the objectives can be just as easily (or perhaps MORE easily, considering the fact that the Celestial Weapons - sans Masamune - do more damage the closer you are to Max HP) completed without it.

Don't get me wrong, if someone goes through the effort to get 99999 HP as well as +4 on every node, that's neat - good job. But if someone's primary goal is to earn the (P), all of that effort is extremely inefficient.

Yes it is unnecessary but your post sounded for me like an "either this or that" situation - apparently it wasn't meant like that - and you can have that much HP and still get your stats. You got your sigils and didn't need them for the platinum so I would not really call that "inefficient" except you go for "platting as quickly as possible" and when it comes to that I would not even go for Luck stat (I didn't and get them later). Even I considered "mainly getting the platinum a quicker way" (even the Standard Grid is inefficient then but I want it for later after the platinum I combined it with Telepo Spheres to save Sphere Levels, however) which is why I used Yojimbo like 33% of the time in big battles as battles are not necessary other than for the feeling that you did them - I personally did them on the PS2 already, also the monster farm, et cetera so I didn't really miss what I did with Zanmatou now.

Even with x/99999 HP the characters very easily deal full damage, by the way so it is nothing to worry about. I for example just like the look of it and to not heal every time. Iron Clads cannot even really hit you without displayed attacks and are just another kind of "longer battle" monsters like the Earth Eater and the Sphere or Ultima Buster if you go for training weapons and Giant Flan for Magic Spheres - the only unfortunate thing is that you leave out an ability like Defense +20% for HP breaking limit. This is really just a preference thing in terms of how to fight. At the moment I also don't have 99999 HP again so yes, as said for the quick platinum it is not necessary and you even can win battles without it - it looks good and has some advantages, however.

So yes, platinum trophy only-efficient as you say you are right.

Edited by Cetra

• 4 weeks later...

If he enjoys it and is having fun then it's not unnefficent but worth it! Your post sounds very disturbing, you make it sound like a job! But then again it's coming from someone who has 222 Platinum Trophies, oh and one of them is Demon's Souls which you have seemed to obtain Platinum in 'Completed in 1 day, 6 hours', great job lol! :applause:

If he enjoys it and is having fun then it's not unnefficent but worth it! Your post sounds very disturbing, you make it sound like a job! But then again it's coming from someone who has 222 Platinum Trophies, oh and one of them is Demon's Souls which you have seemed to obtain Platinum in 'Completed in 1 day, 6 hours', great job lol! :applause:

Demons Souls in 1 Day and 6 Hours ..... :think::think::think: :whistle:

Anyway, FFX should of had wayyyyyyyyy more trophies than it ended up with.

A good example could of been a "GET 99999 HP Trophy" , and,

"+4s in every Available Node" ,,, because there are some hardcore FFers out there who do love the Grind and a PERFECT SAVE FILE.

I'm not going to vote on this yet, I will play, complete and Platinum the HD before I do,

But, I can't help already feeling the Mark I give it won't be a true reflection of what the game has to offer overall.