Who wants FFX-2 bundled with FFX HD? Why or why not?

Zyzxx

I honestly want either FFX-2 included with FFX HD, or to have FFX-2 HD shortly follow on it's own seperate disc.

The story of FFX and FFX-2 was like a part-one and part-two. Haters can hate all they want about FFX-2 for whatever reasons they have, but the storyline itself was remarkable and charming. It dealt with a lot of conflicts and Yuna's own personal struggle after Tidus was gone and she no longer had him as a "crutch".

Anyway, in any case I don't see how having a free game included with FFX with it's own set of trophies could be seen as a BAD thing :)!

Thoughts?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every other HD upgrade has come in sets. This is the only one that isn't. It might be because X-2 was hated, or Squeenix intends to sell them individually for $40-$50 a pop ( For example, they might sell the Kingdom Hearts games separately ) . Hell, a HD collection they published came with three games for 40 ( The Tomb Raider Trilogy, and one of the games was from this Gen ).

I'd want it, more out of principle than actual interest in the game itself. If they don't include it or do an HD upgrade, I wouldn't count it as a loss, though.

I do!

As critisized as it is, I really enjoyed FFX-2. Not NEARLY as much as FFX, but it was still fun. I really liked seeing how the events of FFX changed Spira and its people. I don't really like the FFX-2 Yuna, I prefered her conservative look and attitude in FFX, but it makes sense to have her character change a bit after all of that happened. Plus, FFX-2 style Rikku in HD? Yes please! :drool:

Having both of them redone in HD and on the same disc would be great. Plus, more trophies is always a good thing.

As critisized as it is, I really enjoyed FFX-2. Not NEARLY as much as FFX, but it was still fun.

My thoughts exactly. It wasn't nearly as good as FFX but I still had a lot of fun playing it (I lost count of how many playthroughs of X-2 I had because I always managed to miss something each time). I'd very much like to see them released together, although you'd have to figure we'd have heard about it at this point if that was going to happen.

I'm not starting a flame war or anything, but I'd actually prefer it if they were released separately. Why? Because FFX was one of the best (if not, the best) in the series, and I would hate it to have FFX-2 in there dragging it down.

Agreed on that!

I do!

As critisized as it is, I really enjoyed FFX-2. Not NEARLY as much as FFX, but it was still fun. I really liked seeing how the events of FFX changed Spira and its people. I don't really like the FFX-2 Yuna, I prefered her conservative look and attitude in FFX, but it makes sense to have her character change a bit after all of that happened.

Plus, FFX-2 style Rikku in HD? Yes please! :drool:

Having both of them redone in HD and on the same disc would be great. Plus, more trophies is always a good thing.

Everything you just said, times 100! (Especially the part in bold!)

Rikku03.jpg

I'll just leave that there...

Edited by Zyzxx

I'm not starting a flame war or anything, but I'd actually prefer it if they were released separately. Why? Because FFX was one of the best (if not, the best) in the series, and I would hate it to have FFX-2 in there dragging it down.

This no doubt, FFX is one of my Fav games of all time, FFX-2 just kinda ruinned FFX feeling

Besides is FFX is being remade graphically then its understandable it will be a stand alone game

Besides is FFX is being remade graphically then its understandable it will be a stand alone game

Nothing has confirmed this. It has only been mentioned once during an interview, which could have easily been mistranslated (http://www.complex.com/video-games/2012/01/rumor-final-fantasy-x-for-ps3-and-vita-may-be-full-on-remake).

As much as a full-blown "remake" would be great and all, I would be happy with just an HD remaster.

I see no need for Square Enix to remake FFX, especially when the majority of their fans cry out for a FFVII remake. (And trust me, FFX is my favorite FF and my favorite game of all time, but even I have to say a FFVII remake is much more worthy and would get better sales for Square Enix.)

I worry about what a full-blown remake would do to FFX, and what would happen to, for example, the original voice acting. James Arnold Taylor will always be the voice of Tidus for me.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nnu4lD0iP8M]James Arnold Taylor Interview - Voice Of Tidus - YouTube[/ame]

I digress though. I really don't see what everyone's problem was with FFX-2, and in any case, a freebie game with trophies shouldn't be what anyone is complaining about on this site, I'd imagine :D!

Edited by Zyzxx

as long as were asking for x-2 to be included why not xii also :p a trilogy of all the ps2 ff's would be awesome :dance:

I'd definitely like to see FFXII at some point. It's the only Final Fantasy that I've started but haven't finished. I liked the game play a lot but I got distracted with the various hunts and sidequests and just never finished the game.