That's it! I'm done!

I posted a thread a while back about why I was worried about the Ffvii remake. Today SE put the final nail in the franchise coffin.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake's Combat Will Feature 'Dramatic Changes,' Draw Inspiration From Advent Children - IGN

This is because Nomura has turned to the ATB fan and said "fuck you and tradition. I'm going to piss on you".

I will still play sacaguchi's Ffvii. I will not play Nomura's Ffvii. As far as I'm concerned the franchise is dead.

I am worried too, but don`t jump into conclusions buddy. We haven`t seen anything. :D

I know the wait is killing us all, but we have no choice but wait and see.

Your interpretation of "drastic changes" might be completeley different than what they have in mind. ;)

Edited by Emperor Golbez

I actually would have been more disappointed if changes weren't made to the gameplay. I love FFVII, but I've beaten it all the way through at least 4 times. I own it on PS1 and as a PSP download.

I'm excited for FFVII, but I'm hoping the remake breeds changes and new life into the world and the story. I don't want to get bored half way through playing a prettier version of the same game.

Somehow I knew this day would come, but nonetheless, I am still looking forward to this game. I get where OP is coming from, but this was bound to happen once the main director left. However, as Aeriou mentioned I don't mind a few tweaks so long as it is nothing too serious.

Who are you referring to as to have left? The person credited in the game as the director of the orignal FF7 was Yoshinori Kitase, who is also working as a producer on this version.

Edited by widget624

Who are you referring to as to have left? The person credited in the game as the director of the orignal FF7 was Yoshinori Kitase, who is also working as a producer on this version.

No, it wasn't Yoshinori, but I could have sworn it was someone else. Then again, I could be mistaken, as a friend of mine mentioned this to me a few days back. Looks like they don't know what they are talking about. :p

I posted a thread a while back about why I was worried about the Ffvii remake. Today SE put the final nail in the franchise coffin.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake's Combat Will Feature 'Dramatic Changes,' Draw Inspiration From Advent Children - IGN

This is because Nomura has turned to the ATB fan and said "fuck you and tradition. I'm going to piss on you".

I will still play sacaguchi's Ffvii. I will not play Nomura's Ffvii. As far as I'm concerned the franchise is dead.

He also said it would still be recognizable. I hope its a modified atb with menu based combat.

I'm glad it's changing. Replaying FFVII these days, and ATB is a drag. It makes me dispise combat and try to avoid it at all costs. Especially on FFVIII where level scales with player and enemy, best to just get Diabolos right at the start and get no encounters ASAP. After all, you only miss out on a bit of AP, but that's easily regained when you get The Ragnarok.

I'm glad that they're changing it, and with the team working on this, and the title they're working on, I'm confident that they'll do it justice.

I'm glad that they're changing it, and with the team working on this, and the title they're working on, I'm confident that they'll do it justice.

I guess. Though, now that I think about it, what you said makes sense. Hopefully they won't let it be a complete waste of time, and get lazy on it towards the end.

Thing is there is no chance in hell that SE were ever gonna keep the gameplay exactly the same as over 15 years ago, I fully expected this.

As long they do a good job of it I don't mind changes.

Correct. It's a new generation of gamers. They HAVE to move forward to get more people into the game. Even if that means changing stuff.

People seem to forget, or not know how expensive it is to make a game like this. They need more people to buy it. Not just the "old" gamers. How many young people now a days want to sit and watch for the old combat system? Not many. They want it to happen right here and now. They need to keep it fresh.

That being said, I never wanted this remake in the first place as im not a big fan of FF7, so i dont care either way.

Thing is there is no chance in hell that SE were ever gonna keep the gameplay exactly the same as over 15 years ago, I fully expected this.

As long they do a good job of it I don't mind changes.

This.

Plus, it's a "remake" not a remaster. That basically tips you off that there will be significant changes beyond the graphics, and gameplay was an obvious choice. They're spending so much on this, they want it to be a triple A. And they want to pull in people who've never played FF, so they can't leave it as it was. No one who hasn't played FFs or similar JRPGs would play turn based games in 2015.

Correct. It's a new generation of gamers. They HAVE to move forward to get more people into the game. Even if that means changing stuff.

People seem to forget, or not know how expensive it is to make a game like this. They need more people to buy it. Not just the "old" gamers. How many young people now a days want to sit and watch for the old combat system? Not many. They want it to happen right here and now. They need to keep it fresh.

That being said, I never wanted this remake in the first place as im not a big fan of FF7, so i dont care either way.

Exactly, it's all about pulling in previous fans, the original fanbase are all much older, I was 9/10 when I first played this on my PS1 in 2000, gamers tastes change and evolve over time.

I would not oppose turn based at all, but the modern gamer aren't going to be as enticed by this as they once were so at least a little change is needed, let's see how it turns out before we judge anyway.