Who's getting excited?

djitalianice

I will play the living shit out of it again. This will be my 27th playtrough.

But i never played the PC Edition, i hate the soundtracks in the PC Edition.

I am excited and i will buy it Day fucking Zero.

Now this comes with Trophies, which is even much better.

Is it really your 27th playthrough? Wouldn't that mean you've played it more than twice in some years and at least every year since it came out? :eek:

I can't wait to see the trophy list. Hopefully it's more extensive and better than the Steam list.

Off-Topic:

Yeah i "was" a pretty hardcore Final Fantasy Veteran back then (especially when it comes to FF7), but after Squaresoft merged with Enix, i completly lost my interest in this franchise.

On-Topic:

I hope they release this game as a physical copy too. It would make me really sad if not.

Yeah im was one too :) Final Fantasy VII is a game from my childhood and it holds a special place in my heart so as Emperor Golbez said i will play the shit out of this too ;)

but getting AP for all the materias again sucks.... i hope that trophy will be gone..

As long as they haven't removed the w-item glitch method, AP shouldn't be that big of a problem. Just use a weapon with triple gain and fight the Magic Pots and Bounders in the North Cave.

• 2 weeks later...
They BETTER release a physical copy of it and not just digital. I will be MAJORLY pissed if they just give us a digital release :rant:

Agreed. Some nice box art would be great. Just the nostalgic feeling will be epic.

At first I didn't care but the more I think about it the more I want to relive that day when I brought home my Playstation from KB Toys. I asked the kid working there "hey guy what's the best games I should get?". He said "Crash Bandicoot and FF7".

Life was never the same after that. Literally.

On-Topic:

I hope they release this game as a physical copy too. It would make me really sad if not.

They BETTER release a physical copy of it and not just digital. I will be MAJORLY pissed if they just give us a digital release :rant:

Exactly my thoughts and feelings :)

considering the fact that Square Enix mastered the Art of screwing up/trolling, we can`t be sure what we will get in the end.

Agreed. Some nice box art would be great. Just the nostalgic feeling will be epic.

At first I didn't care but the more I think about it the more I want to relive that day when I brought home my Playstation from KB Toys. I asked the kid working there "hey guy what's the best games I should get?". He said "Crash Bandicoot and FF7".

Hahahahahahaha, yeah man i feel you :D You are not alone with this feeling buddy ;)

Edited by Emperor Golbez

Exactly my thoughts and feelings :)

considering the fact that Square Enix mastered the Art of screwing up/trolling, we can`t be sure what we will get in the end.

Hahahahahahaha, yeah man i feel you :D You are not alone with this feeling buddy ;)

Definitely my friends :) I too want to relive the magical day I went in and bought Final Fantasy VII :francis:

Ok, I have to confess something. I was back in high school ('97-98). I was a Freshman hanging out watching TV with my Junior friends. I owed a PSX at the time, but was annoyed by the over abundance of FFVII commercials, a game which I didn't know anything about. So me, being the smartass that I am, pipes in with a "who the hell is that chick anyways" when they showed Cloud (I though he was a girl at that point). Well...they unleashed hell upon me. "How could you think Cloud is a girl?!?!", etc. I bought the game after their reaction...and holy shit. Easily one of my top two favorite games of all times (the other being TLoU). I since have happened to pick up a few other copies, just because they were cheap. They were always on PSX, never PC.

Have trophies been confirmed?

Edited by MHST_Guy

I absolutely cannot WAIT for this release, and "Spring 2015" couldn't be a more agonizing tease. I NEED A DATE. (Specifically because I'll be moving in the next few months and I'm starting a career, so planning this is mucho important. XD)

I must confess that I'm not a seasoned FF7 player like others here. I completed this game, admittedly, not long ago for the first time. I did grow up with the PS, but RPGs were not my forte nor my interest at that age (platformers lol), so FF passed me by for awhile. 10 was my first, which I'm not that ashamed of. I do agree that Squeenix has been leading the series down a worrisome path. I did enjoy 13 with an open mind, but the rest...nope. :\ It didn't even need to be a trilogy. Even the long awaited 15 has me worried, after its predecessor and the fact that more time doesn't necessarily fix things.

VII though has captured my heart, and I deeply regret having waited this long to play it through. :( And it's made me condemn Advent Children (which initially made me hate Cloud) for eternity.

Love everything about it (EXCEPT YUFFIE), and I would gladly pay for it again, play it again, plat it, just...the timing couldn't be better really. xD And I also hope it comes out on disc! @_@ To put it between my Sephiroth and Tifa figures. <3

I just sincerely hope the "remaster" plan is only for the graphics and general gameplay flow. If they "remaster" the soundtrack like on the PC....SO HELP ME.

Edited by LadyHUNK

Ok, I have to confess something. I was back in high school ('97-98). I was a Freshman hanging out watching TV with my Junior friends. I owed a PSX at the time, but was annoyed by the over abundance of FFVII commercials, a game which I didn't know anything about. So me, being the smartass that I am, pipes in with a "who the hell is that chick anyways" when they showed Cloud (I though he was a girl at that point). Well...they unleashed hell upon me. "How could you think Cloud is a girl?!?!", etc. I bought the game after their reaction...and holy shit. Easily one of my top two favorite games of all times (the other being TLoU). I since have happened to pick up a few other copies, just because they were cheap. They were always on PSX, never PC.

Have trophies been confirmed?

Your lucky to still be alive to tell this story. If I would have said Cloud was a girl back in the day I would have been killed by my friends :p While I don't think trophies have been 'confirmed' its a port of the pc version which had trophies so, indirectly, yes its been confirmed.

If they "remaster" the soundtrack like on the PC....SO HELP ME.

That would make me pissed off, but honestly i feel like we will get to play the game with the PC soundtracks... :2walls:

I hate the FFX Remastered soundtracks, they messed it up in my opinion (also the faces of the characters, Tidus looks like a doll, yuna looks like a beautiful generic female character, she lost the spiritual (summoner) look on her face).

If you guys want to get more excited ,listen to some good `ol ff7 music.

Go for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Ig_VOaoAo

also this:

and of course this (i grinded the shit out of everything to this :lightsaber:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlH15l0m7eI

Or you know what, just listen to the whole OST :D

The music alone wants me to play the living %$@# of the game again! :dance:

Edited by Emperor Golbez

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the PC soundtrack simply a different format which sounded worse?

Yeah the PC Edition sounds worse, it`s the same thing with the FF8 PC edition.

Incoming rant:

Square Enix has a fetish for messing up the soundtracks. They make it to their mission in live to mess up the soundtracks. It`s their biggest duty in life.

I am no PC expert but was this really neccessary to change the format of the music? Couldn`t they just leave it like it is?

Just give me the damn rights to be the company owner, i would do much better decisions than all of those suits combined. Fuck, i would singlehandedly rescue the company with the right decisions. They lack so mouch soul and this reflects in their latest games. Not only that but they also mess up their masterpieces too with their stupid untasteful decisions.

When it comes to "porting" games i can`t help but laugh at Square Enix and Capcom.

Square Enix: Yeah we are porting our best games, but hey we are going to mess a few things up just for the sake of changing things. We call it "innovation".

Capcom: Yeah we are porting our best games, but digital only. We have to do this, because we made stupid decisions for a decade and went almost bankrupt. We destroyed everything we built up, lost so much talented people and we did this all by ourself, fuck yeah! and now you fans have to deal with it! Capcom: hey fans, it is your fault that our games are selling bad, you should have bought them all including our disc-locked content and overpriced DLC`s ! Now that`s what you get when you don`t support us, it`s all your fault ,now deal with the consequences.

This is such a big joke. I guess nobody of em thought about releasing their best games WITHOUT messing up anything and WITH the release of physical copies too, hm?

Rant over.

Edited by Emperor Golbez

I hope they don't throw black bars around the sides for widescreen, or worse yet throw a stupid frame around the whole thing.

I can live with barred or framed cutscenes but if those will be present throughout I think the game is gonna be a deal breaker.

I really wish we could get more info, screenshots and dates.

I might just buy FF Type-0 when it comes out and play that instead.... for awhile.

Incoming rant:

Rant over.

It's easy from our point of view to look at a company with disdain and not know what's going on behind the scenes. But these companies do make terrible choices.

I can't for the life of me understand how Square can be so demanding in their development and make a product profitable. It baffles the mind. If it were me, I'd have given up on FFXV years ago as a bad investment.

Capcom has done their damndest to piss me off too. I hate that they cannot release games without making them "western friendly" by changing names and translations. They do that TO THIS DAY!

At least Square retroactively fixed the cannon of Final Fantasy after VII was released. I would demand that Capcom fix the Rockman series, and drop this stupid name changing bullshit. All because of silly "concerns" and trademark issues.

Oh but can't do that... It will hurt our brand. Your brand's broken. Either sell it or fix it. Or retire it. I just want some closure.

I'm looking forward to Type-0 though. I hear it's supposed to be good. We shall see.