Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade

has the hype killed this game?

Hello all,

a rather strange question perhaps, but still, something that's been crossing my mind of late. Final Fantasy VII, one of my all time fav games, was also one of the most requested games for a remake....it took YEARS for Square-Enix to finally give in, and go for a remake. The hype was real, people were excited, people were crying, a sense of euphoria hit the final fantasy community.....but now, months later, and it's almost like all the hype around it has died, almost to the point of people just no longer giving a fuck.

Is it because of the announcement they'll release it as several games (.....urgh), or is it because all the information they give is so wishy washy, that you can't really make sense of what they are doing, or are planning to do......or is it simply because we all got what we want, and realized that maybe nostalgia has the better of us all....

I'm still happy this game is coming, but I'm noticing people are just a bit more "meh" about it all...strange. thoughts?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not deterred by them doing away with Turn based combat, I expected this actually.

They cleared up the 'episodic' thing, splitting the game in to a trilogy is still questionable but if each of the entries is the equivalent of a full game and has plenty of playability then I am all for it.

It's hard for me to be super hyped when we don't have any real footage or details about the game.

Seeing the first part hasn't come out yet, it's hard to say if the hype has killed it for me. I would need to see the final product before making a decision if it did or didn't live up to my expectations. Like others have said we haven't seen much of the actual game to get hyped in the first place either.

Edited by Ariost

Hello all,

a rather strange question perhaps, but still, something that's been crossing my mind of late. Final Fantasy VII, one of my all time fav games, was also one of the most requested games for a remake....it took YEARS for Square-Enix to finally give in, and go for a remake. The hype was real, people were excited, people were crying, a sense of euphoria hit the final fantasy community.....but now, months later, and it's almost like all the hype around it has died, almost to the point of people just no longer giving a fuck.

Is it because of the announcement they'll release it as several games (.....urgh), or is it because all the information they give is so wishy washy, that you can't really make sense of what they are doing, or are planning to do......or is it simply because we all got what we want, and realized that maybe nostalgia has the better of us all....

I'm still happy this game is coming, but I'm noticing people are just a bit more "meh" about it all...strange. thoughts?

Hype has downed die, just like with any other game. It get announced and everybody celebrate and gets excited. But it's not gonna last when there is no new footage, no information or anything new about it. So how this can be shocking to anyone blows my mind slightly. Not trying to be rude, but re-reading I can see it come of as such, but that's not my intention at all :p

I'm not deterred by them doing away with Turn based combat, I expected this actually.

They cleared up the 'episodic' thing, splitting the game in to a trilogy is still questionable but if each of the entries is the equivalent of a full game and has plenty of playability then I am all for it.

It's hard for me to be super hyped when we don't have any real footage or details about the game.

The episodic thing caught many off-guard which I totally get. But what they are doing does make sense and it can work well in their favor. Heck, look at the new Hitman game. People didn't like the episodic thing either but that game is absolutely fantastic the way it is. Also by doing it this way they can get fan-feedback after each episode to see what to change and what to do different.

yeah, I think that sorta says it all in a nutshell, they don't have anything to show, or any details....maybe they just gave it away too soon? sorta like with final fantasy xiii versus...years ago.......or kingdom hearts 3....years ago....I'm seeing a patern.

The episodic thing caught many off-guard which I totally get. But what they are doing does make sense and it can work well in their favor. Heck, look at the new Hitman game. People didn't like the episodic thing either but that game is absolutely fantastic the way it is. Also by doing it this way they can get fan-feedback after each episode to see what to change and what to do different.

Yeah I think a lot of people heard the word 'episodic' and automatically reacted like 'ermergahd telltale gamez!11one!!1'.

Hopefully it works out well though.

I am worried about one thing: will i be able to backtrack and visit the areas of previous "episodes". In every Final fantasy game (aside from the XIII trilogy) you get the ability to travel the world and revisit the areas in the beginning and do some side quests, hell in the original game some of the Ultimate weapons and final limit breaks are found in areas visited in the first disc. I am just worried it will end up like the linear mess that was FFXIII.

i think the episodic thing needs to be handle properly, similar to what .HACK was back in the ps2 era, maybe at the end release a pack that includes all games both physical and digitally, if this means quality, then do it.

TBH i feel the hype, some are saying square is gonna drop another FF 7 bomb at e3 this year, and considering the rumors that the first episode is coming out in 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the franchise (jan 31 1997), then its a good thing for all of us :D

It remains to be seen. The game went dark, and what little news we have heard has been a turn off for me.

Time will tell, but I am not planning on shelling out a huge sum of money for a remake to FF7. The "episodes" have to be reasonably spaced and reasonably priced. SE has a terrible track record with development and releases.

The FFXIII series was spaced every few years, and they practically used the exact same resources in many ways...

I was as excited as anyone when I saw the trailer for it. But after all this time it has died down a bit I mean I check back here once in a while to see if anyone new info is here but nothing. I don't mind the changes there making it would just be nice if they showed some more details. Honestly after all this time the only reason I remember the remake is because its in my bookmarks lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Listening to fan feedback is definitely a good thing and I don't mind the game being released in episodes. I just hope Square doesn't manipulate the reputation and legacy of original by making a shitty game. The lack of information since its announcement has me a little skeptical.

I mean, I'm super hyped for this game but I don't have incredible expectations. It's Final Fantasy and I have never not enjoyed a FF game before, even XIII I could say I enjoyed. It's your fault for falling for the overhype.

Sometimes it is good not to get over excited then if it is just average you are not disappointed. :)

Listening to fan feedback is definitely a good thing and I don't mind the game being released in episodes. I just hope Square doesn't manipulate the reputation and legacy of original by making a shitty game. The lack of information since its announcement has me a little skeptical.

same here, I mean, ok, this year they ar releasing two final fantasy games, and next year, final fantasy 12. but even so, it's been remarkebly quiet around this game.

the problem with a high stakes game like this, is if there isn't a decent amount of information pouring out, and the little that does treakle out now and then just doesn't give a clear image of what they are actually doing, sorta makes people lose intrest, or hope that it'll be good.

One thing that really drove the hype train was the (final) fantasy of VII being exactly the same except with prettier graphics, cutscenes and VO. A lot of people are disappointed we're getting it in episodic format and not in turn based. I'm fine with the change in battle system from what I've seen and I've grown to accept the episodic thing (as of now). The hype leading up to the announcement was coupled with high expectations. The changes were a buzzkill for many, however.

Right now, things are quiet because, well, news is quiet. All it takes is one new trailer and talk starts to rev up again. So many of us are in "wait and see" mode.

euhm, you guys know it's not episodic right? april, there was news that explained it a bit more, they are going to use the same formula as ffXIII, where the story is told over multiple full games, but each time seen through a different perspective.

so, what I think that means is that "crisis core" and "advent children" will be taken into the main game, and more than likely also be made as a "full game".

source

euhm, you guys know it's not episodic right? april, there was news that explained it a bit more, they are going to use the same formula as ffXIII, where the story is told over multiple full games, but each time seen through a different perspective.

[/url]

That`s absolutely right.

When they said episodic, it was translated wrong. They don`t mean it in the same way we know.

FF7 Remake is a gigantic project, there is so much pressure on their back it`s really scary.

They HAVE TO do it right, they HAVE TO go all in, FF7 is way more important than any other "new" masterpiece.

Why? Because it is an established masterpiece, the fans are already spoiled with the games awesomness, the game and his reputation are just WAY TOO BIG.

That means, they need all the time, money and energy to bring justice to the original game.

"Why don`t they release it as a Full Game? I am pretty sure they could do it."

Only someone who doesn`t know about FF7 and the industry (even if he thinks he is right) would say such a thing. YES they could do it, but the fact is, that the game would only be half-assed, it would NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WOULD NEVER!!! bring justice to the original game, NOT.One.Bit.

The game is WAY TOO HUGE, the Reputation of the game is WAY TOO HUGE, to justify 60 Bucks for a Juggernaut like that, not in our time, not with this technology.

The ressources and the time WOULD NEVER be enough to bring this game as a full product while bringing justice to the original game.

They said it themselves: The only way to realize FF7 Remake is to bring this game in multiple parts, THAT IS THE ONLY WAY, to make a "proper" Remake.

Everything else would be a fail per se.

They want to go FULL with the FF7 Remake, so they need a lot of money and time. One way to get a huge amount of money back is, if they release 1 FULL FLESHED OUT Part of the game and get all that money from the players, that would back up their ressources, so they can CONTINUE in delivering FULL Fleshed out parts again, which are top-notch content.

This is abso-fucking-lutely neccessary, otherwise we would never get a proper FF7 Remake. Never.

Nuff said.

Edited by Emperor Golbez