Who Needs Armor? - A little advice

BigSes

Hi guys! With default controls, I just went into vs mode, put the controller on the floor (held in place between my feet, sitting Indian style), and used my right hand to go back and forth quickly on the left and right D-pad arrows while spamming L2. It unlocked almost right away, I tried for like 10 mins to do it normal and couldn't get it.

Its basically how us old schoolers would play Track N Field on the NES back in the day, the quick left-rights while spamming the L2 button. Wanted to bring that up. Thanks!

Hi guys! With default controls, I just went into vs mode, put the controller on the floor (held in place between my feet, sitting Indian style), and used my right hand to go back and forth quickly on the left and right D-pad arrows while spamming L2. It unlocked almost right away, I tried for like 10 mins to do it normal and couldn't get it.

Its basically how us old schoolers would play Track N Field on the NES back in the day, the quick left-rights while spamming the L2 button. Wanted to bring that up. Thanks!

Wanted to mention it because mine didn't unlock when I did the trophy for breaking off the armor after 10 wins. Thought someone out there might need a hand.

• 3 months later...

BigSes, thanks for mentioning this. The required d-pad toggle is so fast I didn't understand the guide. When you mentioned NES Track and Field though - I understood that!

So here is something weird. I was doing offline vs mode like the guide states: one Candy I control, and a second dummy controller. I had 16 wins and knocked the dummy's skirt off a number of times after the tenth win. No trophy popped. I was mystified.

So I started doing the Track and Field wiggle and spamming :l2: on my winning Candy character. Lo and behold, her armor explodes off and the Who Needs Armor? trophy pops. Great.

Then... the Skirt Destroyer trophy pops. I thought, "Huh? This doesn't fit the trophy description or the guide!"

You know what? I don't care why it popped! Bing! Another 100%.

Hope that helps anyone else who gets stuck!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...