How Great Is That Trophy

danb

In my opinion this has to be the must luckiest trophy you are going to get what was EA thinking when they decided to put this kind of achievement in fifa. What EA should of done is allow us to buy a team of the week player from auctions depending on how many coins we have rather than keep buying gold and premium packs and hoping there is a team of the week player in it. So for those of you trying to platinum fifa 12 you may get this trophy last depending on how lucky you are with the packs all I can say is good luck to you all and keep trying if your looking for quickest way to get coins much faster play tournaments and win them. This trophy is stopping me from getting a platinum so I'm hoping my fortunes change soon its like trying to get the right matching number in the lottery :)

Edited by danb

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

il tell you what they were thinking in one word, MONEY, its a fucking disgrace of a trophy, one that has no right to be called a trophy and no right to exist as one, i got my 85 squad and 85 million club value trophy over the last 2 days and quick sold/sold every thing and used all the money on premium golds packs and didnt even get a good player never mind TOTW player, i must have opened something approaching 200 premium gold packs so far and got fuck all of any note in any of them, im absolutely disgusted in EA ONCE AGAIN, they have reached new lows with this one though, i will NEVER buy an EA product again after this, something i said i would do a long time ago and should have done but this is the last straw, just when you think their incompetence could not reach a greater hight they go and release a new game... A PLAGUE ON ALL THEIR HOUSES!!!!

il tell you what they were thinking in one word, MONEY, its a fucking disgrace of a trophy, one that has no right to be called a trophy and no right to exist as one, i got my 85 squad and 85 million club value trophy over the last 2 days and quick sold/sold every thing and used all the money on premium golds packs and didnt even get a good player never mind TOTW player, i must have opened something approaching 200 premium gold packs so far and got fuck all of any note in any of them, im absolutely disgusted in EA ONCE AGAIN, they have reached new lows with this one though, i will NEVER buy an EA product again after this, something i said i would do a long time ago and should have done but this is the last straw, just when you think their incompetence could not reach a greater hight they go and release a new game... A PLAGUE ON ALL THEIR HOUSES!!!!

I know how you feel you could spend like 1000 psn cards and not get a TOTW player in a pack this trophy hasn't been properly thought through by EA the most stupidest trophy i've ever come across :mad:

You'll never buy EA's game because You can't get one trophy??? :2walls:

You'll never buy EA's game because You can't get one trophy??? :2walls:

read my post again, ALL of it, instead of picking up on just the few words you wanted to see... maybe its the MASSIVE bad form with previous trophies and buggy arse games that iv had to needlessly struggle with, the fact this may affect my near perfect trophy list, their shameless money grabbing tactics, the fact they dont give a fuck about their customers, the fact i said id been planning this for years and this is JUST the final straw as once again im being forced to play something i dont want to play, iv needlessly lost EVERYTHING on my UT trying to get this trophy and technically have endless hours left of play time to continue trying to get it when some who dont give a fuck about trophies OR UT have got it in their 1st pack, this trophy is just one of many kicks in the face from EA to its loyal customers, well no more iv had enough, IS THAT OK WITH YOU BOSS???... im sick of tools like you on here with their off topic, unnecessary and unhelpful comments designed to do nothing but jump all over someone elses comment and provoke... like i said to a similar idiot, GTFO and stay on topic

Edited by PurpleHaze234

read my post again, ALL of it, instead of picking up on just the few words you wanted to see... maybe its the MASSIVE bad form with previous trophies and buggy arse games that iv had to needlessly struggle with, the fact this may affect my near perfect trophy list, their shameless money grabbing tactics, the fact they dont give a fuck about their customers, the fact i said id been planning this for years and this is JUST the final straw as once again im being forced to play something i dont want to play, iv needlessly lost EVERYTHING on my UT trying to get this trophy and technically have endless hours left of play time to continue trying to get it when some who dont give a fuck about trophies OR UT have got it in their 1st pack, this trophy is just one of many kicks in the face from EA to its loyal customers, well no more iv had enough, IS THAT OK WITH YOU BOSS???... im sick of tools like you on here with their off topic, unnecessary and unhelpful comments designed to do nothing but jump all over someone elses comment and provoke... like i said to a similar idiot, GTFO and stay on topic

Well said :applause:

PurpleHaze234 i feel your pain and to the people out there bashing people for saying stuff like he did then you got to understand the frustrations and what EA are doing to people instead of saying silly daft things!

frustration at this stupid trophy in this years FIFA 12 Ultimate team its getting beyond the pissing joke now and im seriously nearly ready to say fuck it 1st game to remain unplatted ive had enough of these ball bags at EA for making a trophy near impossible to achieve!

(B) How Great is that?

Find a team of the week player in an Ultimate Team pack

now then ive pumped into this years title £45 to get a head start and hopefully get the card im after to get this shitty trophy well ive had no luck from me pumping in real money into the game so i thought well i was going for the 85 million club value it will come in time well guess what i got that trophy sold all my stuff and tryed again for it with 200k odd nope what a waste why you ask?

well you see i got RONALDO & TOTW player in the same pack was like omg finally trophy time Disconnected from the EA servers and when i logged back into ultimate team my pack i had opened vanished and to add insult to injury my trophy never popped at this point im raging what a pisstake!

Ring EA they say they understand my frustrations and that a good few ppl have been ringing up complaining and that i will hear a response in 10 days to hopefuly get my trophy to pop as they can see everything packs opened the lot PS: 40 mins on hold to get through to them thats how busy they are with calls!

if i wasnt in disbelief enough with that i opened up a pack got lucky got Ribery and Lucio sold them both came away with another 152k sweet hopefully now luck will change nope not a single decent player to even make up for wasting all those coins so now im left with fuckall again so in total ive spent

£45 in real money

and about 800,000 coins in this mode with no bloody TEAM OF THE WEEK PLAYER

WTF

I feel disgusted with EA for adding such a dumb trophy and shafting me and many other gamers over out there i feel like giving up this is a losing battle for me seriously what a pisstake 1% chance or less im hearing to even get an INFORM PLAYER this needs addressing non trophy hunters getting it on there 1st pack or within there first 10 yet ive opened about 200 gold premiums and nothing.

on a side note tryed the bronze pack thing opened 20 normal and 5 premium no luck and opened 5 silver premium same no luck

Edited by SAS_Smithy_1986

im not far off your exact situation smithy minus the ronaldo & TOTW alonso situation, its a fucking joke, UT is supposed to be all about trading and competing for the ULTIMATE TEAM not throwing in a trophy which is FORCING people to spend EVERY coin they make on premium gold packs, its LITERALLY RUINED the point of UT all so these money grabbing bastards can make a few extra million and its also forcing people to play UT & ALOT of it, considering the 50 hours trophy doesnt count UT games just makes it worse... I could have had my Ultimate Team by now, iv managed to pick up the Liverpool squad but what is Liverpool without Gerrard AND would have hundreds of thousands of coins to spare for an England team (to compete with the pace pussy's) if it wasnt for this damn trophy

The shameful thing about this trophy aswell is the fact that UT is so buggy i cant even earn any coins with which to buy packs without using real money anyway! With disconnections after every bloody game it means that the only way to buy packs is with real money because i never earn any ingame coins. So that means i can't even play the mode which i actually quite like in order to save myself using real money when going for this trophy. Its a total joke and a disgrace IMO:rolleyes:

yeah it is a fucking joke for sure and i agree 100% with you about what you said UT is and what it should be about its FORCING us to sell all our good players if we get lucky enough to get some and keep buying these piss poor gold premium packs in the hope that a TOTW player will pop up but tbh im lost all hope in ever getting it and im taking an UT BREAK now because i fell in love with FIFA 12 best football game ever made still is i still stand by that but this UT has now turned my love for fifa into hate and hence the break from UT i dont want to hate the franchise completley as i dont think ive missed a fifa since 94 lol so its just a game i like to always get.

I could of had my Arsenal team by now with the amount of coins ive spent and i could of been on my way to the ENGLAND team which ive had both squads on fifa 09 and 10 and was hoping to get them on 12

EA are money grabbing bastards for sure and the funny thing is they know ppl will spend the money on this silly trophy because its quicker than earning coins and thats if you even get to play the game as at the start i was getting dc all the time and still get some now just not as frequent.

To those that cant play UT atm good wait till its PATCHED and fully working properly and hopefully they make these TOTW players not so RARE. Also the fact that UT can be very long winded our situations as the example or not so very long with the ppl who get that TOTW in 1st 10 packs and the 50 hours trophy dont count is beyond the joke EA know how to make there customers mad

I'm gonna get flamed, but I actually quite like the Trophy. The fact you need extreme luck makes it all the better when it pops. I'd prefer that to the X amount of the tedious and unoriginal Trophies it has.

Nobody's forcing anyone to spend money, it's just people rushing. FIFA12 is a game that's meant to have a lifespan of a year, earn a couple of packs a week and you'll get it. The thing is, EA know people won't wait and WILL spend money, when in reality you can just be patient.

Anyone who's bought the game solely for Trophies has missed the point entirely. I don't have a TOTW player yet, but I won't spend a penny unless I genuinely want to improve my Team :p

Absolutely ridiculous trophy for fifa12! Requires no skill at all, aswell as the fact that the people that do grind it out to get enough coins to buy a premium gold pack, who probably won't even get a TOTW player in it, the Ultimate Team time doesn't count towards the 50 hours trophy, or so I'm told :cool:

long gone are the days of EA making the game for the customer's pleasure, but more so to make millions off of Ultimate Team :mad:

Absolutely ridiculous trophy for fifa12! Requires no skill at all, aswell as the fact that the people that do grind it out to get enough coins to buy a premium gold pack, who probably won't even get a TOTW player in it, the Ultimate Team time doesn't count towards the 50 hours trophy, or so I'm told :cool:

long gone are the days of EA making the game for the customer's pleasure, but more so to make millions off of Ultimate Team :mad:

your kidding they musy do as your playing matches

Just came to find a thread to post my relief at this trophy. I just got TOTW Muller 85, I am overjoyed honestly. I spent an embarrassing amount of real money on packs (I really don't want to say how much though), after it became an addiction. I can finally concentrate now on getting an 85 squad (TOTW Muller will help massively) and getting £85m squad value; after that I can enjoy the mode, having never played it before I am finding it so much fun, albeit a little too addicting.

Good luck everybody, try and curb your spending and don't let it get out of hand.

I'm gonna get flamed, but I actually quite like the Trophy. The fact you need extreme luck makes it all the better when it pops. I'd prefer that to the X amount of the tedious and unoriginal Trophies it has.

Nobody's forcing anyone to spend money, it's just people rushing. FIFA12 is a game that's meant to have a lifespan of a year, earn a couple of packs a week and you'll get it. The thing is, EA know people won't wait and WILL spend money, when in reality you can just be patient.

Anyone who's bought the game solely for Trophies has missed the point entirely. I don't have a TOTW player yet, but I won't spend a penny unless I genuinely want to improve my Team :p

couple of packs a week you say? well some have opened approaching 200 premium packs and more, considering theres 52 weeks in a year you do the math, originality doesnt automatically mean good, in this case its absolutely disgusting, no1 can say "be patient, you WILL get it" as whos to say i wont open another 200 packs over the next few weeks, then another 200, then ANOTHER all with no TOTW, theres no guarantees with this trophy therefore it has no right to be called one plus as iv said before it defeats the purpose of UT which is to compete in the market for YOUR ULTIMATE TEAM not spend every coin you earn trying to get a trophy possibly to no avail

Edited by PurpleHaze234

I agree with everything that is being said on here regarding this ridiculous trophy!

I have opened circa 110 packs (mostly gold premium) and mostly for real money but have got no TOTW player.

This is nothing but a money making scheme, as like it has been said before this is based purley on luck and should not be allowed as a trophy. Trophies/achievements are and should be (in my opinion) something that you work towards not this c**p based solely on luck.

I doubt EA with patch or remove this trophy (I am unaware of them ever doing this on any of their games) but why not have more TOTW players (i.e. a team of the week from the top 5 leagues) or make them less rare so that our chances of getting one are increased.

I also think the Growing Club trophy is a little bit silly too but at least there is a clear goal and it is achievable once thew requirement is met!

Rant over!

couple of packs a week you say? well some have opened approaching 200 premium packs and more, considering theres 52 weeks in a year you do the math, originality doesnt automatically mean good, in this case its absolutely disgusting, no1 can say "be patient, you WILL get it" as whos to say i wont open another 200 packs over the next few weeks, then another 200, then ANOTHER all with no TOTW, theres no guarantees with this trophy therefore it has no right to be called one plus as iv said before it defeats the purpose of UT which is to compete in the market for YOUR ULTIMATE TEAM not spend every coin you earn trying to get a trophy possibly to no avail

To be fair, he's right.

The most sensible approach must surely be to just play the game for say 6 months, and just see what comes along. Getting a TOTW is about luck, yes you can throw money/coins at it in a desperate attempt to get it in the first month, or you can hold your horses and just see if it comes naturally.

If your going to play FIFA 12 for say 9 months, you could buy 200 packs the first month, get it on the 200th, and then spend the next 8 months buying packs here n there and get another one purely by luck.

Why force the issue? If you've no intention of ever buying packs, then fair enough i guess its irrelevent to a degree, but enjoy the game and at least give it a chance to come to you effortlessly, through the same luck that others have had. If in 8 months time, when you've played it to death, bought all the uber players you want, and have a ton of coins and players but not 1 IF opened, then go on a desperate pack-opening spree.

It seems people are looking at an extremely stupid and annoying trophy and allowing it to spoil there game right at the beginning. Enjoy it for a while, and trophy chase when youre no longer interested in playing it.

I've spent about 80-100k on packs, got a Lucio 85 and a load of meh, only spent about £5.00 cash (may spend the same on the next happy hour), but im done chasing after it. Theres other trophies i probably wont get, im not throwing money at this one or ruining my UT experience because of my desire to get 1 p***-take trophy. I'll have my fun, and worry about any missing trophies later on.

People are talking about it stopping them getting players they want... your allowing it to ruin your game. Get your uber teams, and then start buying packs from winnings. Just seems strange to actively allow it to ruin your enjoyment so soon.

at some point its going to ruin the game for me and others anyway so why not get it out the way as soon as possible and how can I even entertain grinding the shit out of UT at the point i become "not interested in it" surely that will make it more frustrating and by that time it might be too late aswell

I just feel like if i went out of my way to do everything purely in the pursuit of 1 trophy, which encourages throwing money EAs direction, got through 100+ packs and the 750,000 coins that equates to (or worse, the cash amount, even 75/25 is like 460k/£25) in the first month of the games release, and its a game im going to spend months playing, i'd just feel like im bound to end up getting more of them (IFs) later on. Sods law and all that.

I'd rather take the route of buying packs from time to time, but not compromise too heavily to achieve something that i might just stumble upon by pure fluke.

I dont bother playing online games, i might eventually, and i've only just started using the team i've been building up. In past games i arrived late to UT and even then prefered playing with bronze teams and some silver to get myself into FIFA a bit better that way, so im not really in any urgent need to have an uber team of superstars because im just beating AI on various degrees of difficulty... but im buying players when i want them, and throwing coins into the money pit that is the gold packs from time-to-time in the hope of pulling out a decent player for once, or an IF.

I'd have thought for those who put more importance to having a solid team, they'd prioritise their money to the aspect they enjoy, and hope it comes naturally, and force the matter months down the line if need be, rather than force it now.

Everyones entitled to their own approach, but i do see sense in what the previous poster was saying by just buying packs here & there.

yeah it is a fucking joke for sure and i agree 100% with you about what you said UT is and what it should be about its FORCING us to sell all our good players if we get lucky enough to get some and keep buying these piss poor gold premium packs in the hope that a TOTW player will pop up but tbh im lost all hope in ever getting it and im taking an UT BREAK now because i fell in love with FIFA 12 best football game ever made still is i still stand by that but this UT has now turned my love for fifa into hate and hence the break from UT i dont want to hate the franchise completley as i dont think ive missed a fifa since 94 lol so its just a game i like to always get.

You started hating a game because of a trophy?

You're playing for the wrong reasons.

You started hating a game because of a trophy?

You're playing for the wrong reasons.

said the person on the trophy site :applause: iv always played FIFA, LONG before trophies and dont buy it at all for the trophies but i do like getting them and have platted all my games and this trophy may well stop me from platting this and what it has me doing for this paticular trophy is making me hate the game aswell and im sure all this applies to smithy too, who are you to judge but if you must, a trophy website isnt exactly the right place to do it is it? with the amount of posts you have here you should know better

I love the game mode and cant wait to go for the trophy, with coins, not cash. I refuse to spend a penny to gain an advantage in game.

The game is out for 12 months before a new one comes out. If you're getting frustrated with your lack of luck (anyone) just have a few weeks not trying to go for the trophy. The problem people are having is that they are trying to get the plat as fast as physically possible.

Play for fun with the trophy inthe back of your mind and you will get it.

I love getting trophies and platinums, but i play games i enjoy and pick up the trophies on the way. The game hasnt even been out a month yet, how fast do people want things these days?

Also, people saying 'this is exactly what EA want! money grabbing bastards' and then go and buy packs with real money.. you are the solution to your own problem. You can't blame a drug dealer because you have an addiction.

Edited by Loftus