Difficulty to 100%?

Lamplitersniper

Just curious what those of you who have finished it think. If I were to play a couple hours a day, about how long would it take on average to get 100% Platinum?

Im a pretty good gamer and experienced racer with the GT series. Dont know how much this compares to that but it looks like a fun game. Im just trying to figure out which game I want to come back to me from Gamefly now that I just finished Mercs 2 and sent that back.

Thanks!

I am at 43% trophies with Challenge Mode and Time Trial done, and I have completed 4 of the Trophy events and the Beginner Arcade mode.

I have played for roughly 11 hours on it.

I figure at least 20 more hours left on this game till I get my Platinum.

If you are good at the GT series, you'll fit right in with Ferrari once you get your ABS, TCS, SM figured out.

This is one of my favorite racers hands down.

Edited by maxpontiac

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will have to check my game time but I'm almost 100% positive I got platinum under 20 hours. Yes, some of the races are timed but you can help shorten races by being smart towards the end:

1. If you cross the start/finish line with 0.0001 seconds left on the clock then you still have to complete the entire lap JUST TO INITIATE the final lap. Only crossing the start/finish line with "0.00" on the clock will initiate the final lap. Pace yourself throughout the course of the race. Pay attention to lap times. Just about every race you will have the potential to cut off an extra lap (or even two!) if you pay close attention to the clock throughout the entire race. This isn't hard to do since you will DESTROY the computer racers. It's very easy to win a race in this game even when you start last.

2. You can adjust the race length on all the "championship series" such as the North American Challenge. Set these to minimum (5 min. I believe) and don't qualify. If you are good at racing you won't need the extra time/qualifying position to win the races.

EDIT: After checking my save game file I just barely missed the 20 hour mark. I finished 21 hrs. 12 min.

Edited by RedEye420

• 4 months later...

Its true that you can sometimes shorten the race with a lap if you time it correctly.

But you still have to do at least some of the qualifications in the challenge series, because some of the acomplisment cards will only unlock if you get pole positions.

And you need all cards to unlock the 100 % card wich is needed to platinium the game.

Its true that you can sometimes shorten the race with a lap if you time it correctly.

But you still have to do at least some of the qualifications in the challenge series, because some of the acomplisment cards will only unlock if you get pole positions.

And you need all cards to unlock the 100 % card wich is needed to platinium the game.

impossible to get 100% for me as i have every trophy and card except for the 100% completion card/trophy which never unlocked for some reason and i cant get platinum. I have tried everything to get it but it just wont unlock. So disappointing!

I just Ordered this game or its the Deluxe Edition .. Isnt this the version with the Extra Content in they talk about last year when they wsa announce it got Trophy Patch or am i Mistaken ? ... Anyway .. Im not a Pro for Car Games actually i only Played Car games on PC .. before i got the PS3 .. But i got a thing about car games lately .. maybe its because GT is getting closer ,.. thats the only car game i played on Console before .. But i got Midnight Club witch i think is hard, i got Undercover wich i play now , i just rented it, because i believe i could get platinum in it the week i rent it .. But i was seeing at shopto.net that they got Ferriari Deluxe for 9.99 Pound so i Ordered it , because i have a love for Ferrari but i have also thought the original retail price was to expensive so this offer was great i ordered it with mirror edge also 9.99 pound so cheap entertaiment .. :)

BTW i look at peoples signature with there trophies and they got like 20 Platinum and maybe 800 overall trophies and only lvl 13 i have 2 platinum and almost 1000 trophys overall but still im close to lvl 13 how come ?=0

• 2 months later...

BTW i look at peoples signature with there trophies and they got like 20 Platinum and maybe 800 overall trophies and only lvl 13 i have 2 platinum and almost 1000 trophys overall but still im close to lvl 13 how come ?=0

Bronze = 15 points

Silver = 30 points

Gold = 90 points

Platinum = 180 points

Break out your calculator... ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Had a quick go on this since i got it off store but it does seem quite annoying as i only had a couple laps and everytime i break as the line goes red i always end up over shooting the corner and ending up in the barrier!!!

I will be coming back to this one i think but i have heard its a drag

• 6 months later...