Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
jaiwtfy

Awards Showcase Helping Hand   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Default What's the best way to start?

To all the pro's who've been playing this game:

I just got this game and I'm wondering about what order to approach all the different modes.

So far, I've switched difficulty to Beginner, flipped all assists to Max and started some of the America's challenge. I'm finishing 8th-9th in most races using the F430. I've unlocked a trophy car but not enough credits to buy it. Do I just continue through the challenge series? Will I eventually be able to use a different car on the challeng series and then I can come back and try to get 1st in all events?

Or should I stop the challenge and jump into the Arcade mode? Seems like I should unlock the FXX first, but what's the best way to do that?

The trophy guide is great and is helpful for telling me what unlocks what, but I guess I just need some help on how to get started.

Advice is appreciated.
jaiwtfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
harris360

i am working on it right now. start with the italian challenge. get the trophies there then get some cars for trophy races. then go back to eurpean challenge. as far as i know italy is easy, europe is medium and america is hard.
Old 11-26-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
Tzeeke

You can't use a differnt car in the challenge races, only in arcade and the trophy races. the italian challenge is by far the easiest section of the game and the best place to get to grips with the driving mechanics, after the practice track of course. once i managed to win the italian challenge the step up to europe and america didn't seem all that hard, it's just a matter of adjusting to the different tracks once you've skilled up.
I would definately advise you attempt to get the 75% or higher in practice first as this will force you to learn how to drive at the required level for the rest of the game to be made relatively easy.
Tzeeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 06:10 PM   #4
maxpontiac

1 - The Practice section. (done)
2 - The Challenge section. (done)
3 - The Time Trials. (done)
4 - The Trophy section.
5 - The Arcade mode.

The Trophy races, once you get by the first one, the last two are easy, but take 10-15 minutes each.

I am saving the arcade section for last since I heard the "expert" setting is a challenge.
maxpontiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 02:32 AM   #5
ant_rowey

I'm nearly complete with this game, i did it like this

Tutorial
Challenge Series - Italian, American, Europe
Time Trail
Arcade
and im finishing the trophy mode off now

FXX is the best for arcade in my opinion and arcade isn't all that hard i only got stuck on the very last race of legendary.

my advice on the challenge races is turn the time to 5 minutes a race and try to qualify at 1st, i managed it on all but one track and even then it was simple to get into first,

all i can say is just keep at it you'll soon learn how the game plays and get better at it.
ant_rowey is offline   Reply With Quote