lack of restarting races?

henrikrox

So after doing italy and europe i was doing the second last race in the challenge series in america.

So i did an error on the last lap and came third, i thought i could just restart the race, but i couldnt. Oh well, i though atleast i could do that even over. But i couldnt.

So to my understanding if u fuck up one time, u have to restart all over to get maximum points. Since there are NO form of restarting races.

you are correct. The game is a pain in the ***. Cant restart races in Challenge and Trophy. What i did with the challenge was wen i thought i was finishing 2nd or more i just hitted the PS home button and ended the game before the autosave saves the game. What helps is that you can change the time for the challenge races to 5 mins. Less frustrating ;) I will be happy when i plat this critter. The dumb AI and the no races restarts are annoyin me to hell and back. When i have this platted im gonnna ask the wife to burn the disc and then bury it very very deep in the garden

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

For those who had started playing the game just now...

I'm just one event shy on completing all Trophy related races. I only restart when I end up 4th... though there are some races where it is so difficult to catch up with the podium leaders. You just have to strategise with points if that's the case, by trying to catch up with the 1st racer on the second race and bumping him off the track - effectively making him miss a podium spot (and less points)... BUT this means you have to win both 2nd and 3rd races in 1st place...

... anyway, when I see myself falling out of the "safe points zone", if you're on the first leg of the event, just exit the game and select "new game" to restart the race... but unfortunately if you want to "restart" the 2nd or 3rd races, XMB quit is the only way to go... AND MIND YOU this technique almost bricked my PS3 and the "reading/saving" icon kept on going. I had to do a hard reset and at one point the game nearly didn't start again. So it's risky, back-up your game saves.

I believe the reason why this 2008 game was made like this is simply because "trophies" weren't originally put into consideration. People just raced to the best they can and just carry on whether they won or not...

So yeah, it's a pain... and a risk on having your game YLOD on you...

Edited by Naps