Previous Ideas

Pirate

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv278/demonslayer1/lightBulb.png

Purpose and Use:

The intent of this thread is to keep the Feedback Section of the site from having repeats of previous ideas. This thread will accomplish this by listing all previously suggested ideas that have already been suggested in the Feedback Forum. In addition to the section pertaining Rejected ideas, there will also be a section for Pending and Implemented ideas as well. This is a nice way to see which features made the cut, are on the fence, or just didn't make it. For Pending ideas, I'll try to find out when these will be implemented but honestly sometimes we just don't know so be patient. Again, check here often as I will be keeping tabs on this thread every few weeks or when a major idea comes around.

This is NOT the place to post new ideas, please post them in the Feedback Forum instead!

Submitting an Idea to this Thread:

If you think an idea is worthy of being put in this thread, please give the following information in a single post within this thread:

• The name of the idea
  • At least two threads where this idea was the main discussion. The exception to this rule is threads in which major discussion has gone on, I will use judgment to determine which threads fit the needed level of discussion.
  • Every thread related to the topic you are concerned with. If there are more than five then you only need to give the five most recent.

If you see an idea in this thread that is implemented, not represented, or in some way incorrect, please notify me by posting in this thread.

Please do not create chatter on this thread as its purpose is similar to that of a "Problem with a trophy guide" thread, it is simply to let others know a set of information.

Thank You Notes and Acknowledgments:

First and foremost, I would like like to thank Moose_PS3T. Without much of his effort with the main layout and a load of the content, this thread wouldn't be possible. So here's a cookie Moose. Next, I would like to thank the staff for being open to our requests and working with us to make this site better. Lastly, I would like to thank the rest of the community for offering ideas as the growth of this site cannot happen without your input. So thank you, and enjoy reading.

Pending Ideas/Possible Future Implementations

Hiding games on the Checklist:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

I will put this on the list of things to ask RX.
Edited by Vyrastas

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rejected Ideas

Status Updates for User Profiles:

Thread 1

That being said i'm not in favour of this idea. I feel it can already be solved by putting a note/message in your sig or just explaining what occured over a pm. It wouldn't really get noticed if it was in the user profile section. I wouldn't say it would become a social networking feature but it would be leaning towards that. It could also be used negatively if desired.

“VIP” User Forum:

Thread 1

Anyway, believe it or not, we tried this over on the 360 site, called "The Red Room." It was one of my earlier ideas over there, and it started out great, but unfortunately it became a "Big Boys" club and drove a stake down the middle of the community.

DLC Difficulty Polls:

Thread 1

*These just didn't garner enough attention to be worth the effort

Updating Boosting Threads:

Thread 1

*Too much work to be worth the effort

Kudos:

Thread 1

*Very old idea that was never implemented

Rep:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

Thread 5

Thread 6

Thread 7

My experience with rep systems has been nothing but bad. I always find that they get abused and become a popularity contest; friends voting for one another, people setting up new accounts to rep their main account (yes, people do that!) and so on. If you've been round here long enough you already know who are the helpful individuals and so on.

Booster Rep:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

*Same reason as Rep

Chat Room Feature:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Chat boxes detract from the forums themselves and are counter productive in growth. There is no way that people will just use the chat box for boosting, they'd use it to ask questions about a game when a.) that info is already on the forums, or b.) if it's not, asking the question gets the information added to the forums so no one else needs to ask it.

Forum for PS3 Games without Trophies:

Thread 1

Thread 2

As mentioned above there really isn't enough call for this due to the number of non-trophy games and the fact this is a trophy related gaming site. I would just search for and if not create a thread for the specific game within the "Games" forum.

Spam Forum

Thread 1

Wiki-style Forum/Thread

Thread 1

Though I agree with this idea in other sections I don't think it's needed in individual game sections. There aren't enough games with an excessive amount of stickys and I think we need things such as guides and roadmaps to be seen as soon as you enter the page and not having to go into a seperate thread to see it.

Platinum Difficulty Thread Improvement:

Thread 1

In truth as soon as there is a big enough pool of votes the extremem high or low votes do not taint the average.

I would also say that the amount of time & effort required to this would be massive to say the least. Given the amount of votes and the amount of games/threads it would need a large dedicated team and for it to be their sole responsibility. I'm afraid that just isn't possible.

Notification for Post Replies:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

*Another old idea, best solution is to just subscribe to the thread(s)

Temp-Banned Title:

Thread 1

If you would like to know the status of a specific member, it takes two seconds to PM a mod and we can give you a yes or no as to whether you can expect them back.

Special Requirements for Boosting:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Everything on the site is available to all who want to view it. It's more than just boosting threads. If we block unregistered members, then they also can't see any other thread that could help with a trophy. There are more unregistered people that use the site than registered members. That's just a fact. I'm not going to cut off their access to the forum.

Bad Booster Blacklist / Naming and Shaming Thread:

Thread 1

Thread 2

We're not in every boosting session because that would be impossible. How could we regulate such a thing? How would we know who is being honest? On top of that, not everyone who checks the boosting threads is a member of the site. They get the information that they need, but feel no need to sign up. How do we deal with them?

Member of the Year:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

As Member of the Year, we considered having year end awards for members, but didn't do it because of the problems it would create. There would be too much "How come this person got it and not that person". While MoY is nice in theory, even taking from just the MoM's it could create problems. Would Cauchy be anymore of MoY deserving than platinum, chuck, FARAZ, Yoshi, or Feb.'s MoM? That's a question I don't really want to have to answer.

Official "Thank You" Thread:

Thread 1

An occasional thread doesn't hurt. They end up dying after a day or two. Having one thread for this will just end up turning into a spam-fest especially with those trying to get to ten posts.

List of Ban Lengths/Punishments:

Thread 1

We won't do that since we can't go into specifics on what gets you infracted, banned, etc. Every situation is case-by-case.

Previous Staff Member Award:

Thread 1

Thread 2

I have two problems with this. The first is that some staff members either leave under bad circumstances or while they're a part of the staff, don't have very many contributions. Other former staff members I have no idea what they did to contribute.
Edited by Pirate

Rejected Ideas

(Continued)

Auto-Syncing PS3T Trophy Cards:

Thread 1

MyTrophies purpose is to provide you with a checklist for you to use. Trophy cards do a fine job in keeping track of your trophies anyways, which almost every user has in their signature anyways.

Site Articles:

Thread 1

*The Editorials section basically covers this idea

PMs Sent to New Members:

Thread 1

Increasing the Post Character Limit:

Thread 1

My Posts Button:

Thread 1

My Posts Button:

Not going to happen. Can remove. You can find what posts of yours have been quoted by searching for the following:

"quote=username"

Customizable Spoilers:

Thread 1

*Old idea that was never implemented

Homework Help Sub Forum:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Why not do it on a PS3 site? Because it's exactly that, a PS3 site. Having a separate forum for school related questions shouldn't happen but I don't see why you wouldn't be able to make a topic on a question you might have in the off topic section.

I'm not sure about others but the last thing I want to do when I get home from school and get done my homework is do someone else's. Plus I haven't seen many questions about homework in the past, certainly not enough to warrant its own forum.

Site Awards for Trophy Amounts:

Thread 1

The second idea has been suggested before, but it was rejected because the site awards are designed more for achievements made on-site, as opposed to those made on PSN or elsewhere. Whether that is still the case remains for the staff to answer, but I guess you could say the achievement itself would be the (P) trophy. My personal opinion is that putting my trophy card in my signature is enough to display my achievements, without the need for further awards.

Spoiler Tags Button:

Thread 1

I seriously doubt it will happen. Nothing is stopping people from adding spoiler tags currently, and we've always been very clear on when to use spoiler tags and how.

Improving the Search Function:

Thread 1

It's not perfect, but it works most of the time. I don't expect improvements on this.

Blog Feature:

Thread 1

Not happening. Feel free to link to an outside blog in your sig.

Cars Sub Forum:

Thread 1

*Did not garner enough attention to be worth the effort

Increasing the Social Group Post Character Limit:

Thread 1

*Old idea that was never implemented

PS3T Mobile Phone App:

Thread 1

An app is no longer a priority. The site is already mobile friendly for the most part.
Edited by Pirate

Implemented Ideas

• Maximum and Platinum Clubs
  • Platinum Difficulty Polls
  • Platinum Site Trophies
  • Gaming Nights
  • Game Review Threads
  • FAQ Thread in Member Profiles Section
  • Sports Bar Forum
  • Tech Center Forum
  • Staff vs. Members Challenge
  • Automatic Trophy Cards
  • User Ranks
  • TSL- Trophy Score League
  • Community Events Box
  • Site Award: Helping Hand
  • Bargain Bin
  • DLC Trophy Separation
  • Staff Color Addition:
  • Official Site Rules Thread
  • Staff, Complete, and Milestone Clubs
  • Site Award: Max Club Top 5
  • Forum Games Forum
  • Trophy Goals
  • Member Profiles Relocation
  • Fantasy Sports Subforum
  • Review Team
  • Social Group Categories
  • Awards Showcase Update
  • Latest Platinum in User CP
  • Site Award: Guide Supplement
  • Game Polls for Time Consumption
  • Subscriptions / Donations

*A Special Note: As many of you already know, PS3T has a sister site, x360a (or xbox360achievements.org). x360a is over 2 years older than this site and therefore has had a much longer time to develop and implement many assortments/perks that this site has yet to gain. So before you decide to immediately ask in the Feedback Forum for any of these things (or try to pass it off as an original idea), please take the above statement into consideration. Many of these things are either on the way or not added for reasons of the Staff (feel free to send any of them a PM if confused).

Edited by Vyrastas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
"My Posts"

Button on the top red bar near "New Posts" and Search.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/feedback/44844-my-posts.html

Added

For the love of all that is holy, add in the billions of topics asking about changes to the way both the platinum difficulty ratings and the game score ratings work under rejected.

Added

And maybe the possible changes of site trophy tiles. They may only change the borders if we have new pics altogether :)

That's more of an update rather than an idea, I'll see where it goes though.

• 2 months later...
been a while but I think the list needs to be updated. the DLC Trophy Separation and Garage Sale Forum have been in use for a little while now.

but I gotta say a review team would be awesome! we should have plenty of people willing to do them.

• Bargain Bin

*Ahem*

But DLC Trophy Separation was indeed long overdue and has been added.

• 1 month later...

I have an idea that is used on another forum that I am involved with.

A Quick Questions Topic

Used in all gaming threads, any little questions or general queries about a trophy or how to do something that only constitute one or two post replies could be posted in the "Quick Questions" topic, this would reduce the number of new topics and reduce clutter.

Just a thought after I posted a new topic in the MW2 thread.

:)

• 1 month later...

I hope this is the best thread for this ...

I thought that it would be useful to have stickied thread for every game , in her category , named something like Quick Messages , Chit-Chat , anyways something like shoutbox where users could post some quick messages that don't have some specific value for them to open a new thread just because of it , but rather something fast on your mind , a quick comment , question , rant , advice or something ...

I think this this would be very useful , more messages being made , less threads being made for minor things and many more advantages ...

thank you admins for considering this ...

Just a reminder folks, this thread is for ideas that have already been suggested. So if you believe you have an idea that hasn't already been mentioned, feel free to make a new thread in the Feedback forum.

Things to post include: Ideas already posted on the forum you don't see listed up above and/or any errors noticed above.

I have an idea that is used on another forum that I am involved with.

A Quick Questions Topic

Used in all gaming threads, any little questions or general queries about a trophy or how to do something that only constitute one or two post replies could be posted in the "Quick Questions" topic, this would reduce the number of new topics and reduce clutter.

Just a thought after I posted a new topic in the MW2 thread.

:)

Feel free to make a separate topic in the Feedback forum. It will garner much more attention there than here.

I hope this is the best thread for this ...

I thought that it would be useful to have stickied thread for every game , in her category , named something like Quick Messages , Chit-Chat , anyways something like shoutbox where users could post some quick messages that don't have some specific value for them to open a new thread just because of it , but rather something fast on your mind , a quick comment , question , rant , advice or something ...

I think this this would be very useful , more messages being made , less threads being made for minor things and many more advantages ...

thank you admins for considering this ...

What you're suggesting sounds very similar to a chat box of some sort:

Chat Room Feature:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

(^Under Rejected Ideas^)

Hello,it maybe the possible changes of site trophy tiles and may only change the borders if we have the pics together.

First off, welcome to the site marksteyn.

Next, feel free to post any ideas you have in a new thread in the Feedback Forum. This is merely a place to store those ideas, not to suggest new ones.

Pending Ideas/Possible Future Implementations

Site Articles: Pretty sure this could be classed as the new Editorial forum that is up. I believe there may be something that members could do in the future.

Thread 1

Staff Color Addition: THIS HAS BEEN IMPLEMENTED!

Thread 1

:)................

That "site article" thing doesn't sound the same as the game of the month thing. It should stay in pending for now, I think. Once the new site is there and other things get happening, I'm sure we'll have our own version of things like the game of the year and the anticipated games of next year, plus all kinds of trade show stuff like the sister site has.

Until we do though, pending seems a lot better for that one.