Get these f***ing hideous adverts off my screen

sambowhite2

Honestly, had enough of them keep popping up at the bottom. The site never used to be like this until a few weeks ago. I understand the website needs to advertise and such but the way they come up are far too intrusive, and usually make you click on them by accident. Just ridiculous...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you provide a screenshot of the ad and the link that it takes you to then you can report it to Vyrastas and have it removed from the site.

This only works on drop down ads or pop-ups that stop you from browsing the site normally. If you just hate ads in general than I suggest subscribing to the using the PayPal button. One of the benefits is that the site will be 100% ad free for as long as you're subbed.

Instead of the aggressive title maybe either add ad-block if your on PC, or try to capture the link of the advert + screenshot so that Vy can kill it. It's the only thing you can do.

Or become a subscriber to remove them completely.

It sounds like he is on mobile. I browse the forum on my iPad / Phone and experience the same issue. It didn't start happening until a few weeks back. The thing that makes it aggravating is that it's a banner ad, which pops up over the bottom of the website.

It always appears when I'm trying to scroll to the next page on topics, usually tricking me into clicking it :mad:.

It sounds like he is on mobile. I browse the forum on my iPad / Phone and experience the same issue. It didn't start happening until a few weeks back. The thing that makes it aggravating is that it's a banner ad, which pops up over the bottom of the website.

It always appears when I'm trying to scroll to the next page on topics, usually tricking me into clicking it :mad:.

Provide and screenshot and the URL of the page it links you to and it can be removed from the site.

The only issue I have with ads on the site is normally when I first get on the main page there's a huge ad that pops up on the screen and completely limits my ability to click to go to the forums or search for something or even sign in to my account worst part is that there isn't a "X" to exit it and it's so annoying, but it only happens on the main page. Other than that ads are pretty toned down, all I can say to you man is to get an Ad block and you'll be fine.

On PC it's not a problem with adblock; however, whenever I browse on iPad... absolute cancer. That stupid bottom ad, if you scroll down quickly it'll jump higher and higher and you will just open it accidentally and these craps always freeze/slow you down/spam you with stupid pop up windows. It's terrible.

If you provide a screenshot of the ad and the link that it takes you to then you can report it to Vyrastas and have it removed from the site.

This only works on drop down ads or pop-ups that stop you from browsing the site normally. If you just hate ads in general than I suggest subscribing to the using the PayPal button. One of the benefits is that the site will be 100% ad free for as long as you're subbed.

This^

If people really want to help us get rid of any obtrusive adverts, then do as Aeirou says and either provide with some actionable details so they can be removed or pay a small amount to become a Subscriber.

Regarding the floating ads on a mobile device, those aren't going anywhere. That's just where they appear on mobile.

The only ones I can get removed are the giant rollover ones that get in the way. Give me the URL to the ad image itself (not where the ad takes you when you click it) and I can ask Webb to remove it. That's all I can do.

That's nothing, try this ad on for size..:whistle:

This link appeared when i clicked - Page Not Found Error

I'd PM it to Vy but i highly doubt he would see it

I need the link for the ad image, not where it takes you.

And I read all my PMs.