Standardized movie sequence for site videos

mnbvdsa

Hi all, after having a chat with some of you guys regarding this, thought i'd put it in the appropriate thread for discussion.

My idea is of having an updated generic site animation that is to be included in your movie intro's for guides, walkthrough's, sups and as such to advertise/promote the site.

Reason i ask is that with the new guide icons there is a new standard that is expected from guides, sups and walkthrough's, just thought that should extend to video's too.

I have been looking at quite a few vids and walkthroughs to make sure my soon to be submitted contributions are up to scratch and i have come across many different site animations in intro's. mjc0961 already mentioned in my initial questioning the ones Woz did have the incorrect site name on them now 'PS3Trophies.org' .It could be linked from the FAQ's so going forward everyone is using the same one, making everything look much more smoother and slick.

An example of the old site name in an intro (Sorry Shad ;) )

I thank you for your consideration.

Edited by mnbvdsa

This would be a great idea and I would definitely use them if they were available. I am currently making numerous videos in Share Factory for a guide I am working on, and I am restricted to just putting in text at the bottom of the video with the site name. I would love a good animation for the intro of all my videos, but I don't have the technical know how to do that unfortunately.

A good intro on the video on any type of video guide is a great idea. It helps the site gain exposure aswell. The only issue with this is that not everyone has access to a PC or editing software that they can add an intro hense why people tend to use sharefactory on the PS4 for a direct youtube upload. On the other hand though it is a great idea and i would happily like too see this across the forum guides.

• 4 months later...

Bumpity bump bump :bounce:

This is still a really good idea. I mean I have a capture card and can edit the captured video for showing the content I need to show, tweaking color, sharpness, audio, and things like that. But I don't know shit about actually creating footage like an intro from scratch. I loved Woz's intros back when the site was still called PS3 Trophies, and it would be awesome to have some that match the new name.

If you guys want to create something and share it out we are not adverse to allowing you to do so, last I heard. That said, there are at this time no plans in creating or having created an official video intro.

One thing to keep in mind is that we have zero control over what you tie the site's likeness to if we create something like this, and that can create a negative image of the site to outsiders. If we create an official opening and someone uses it on a shitpost video that gets a lot of negative attention, suddenly we're on the hook.

It's a decent idea. I like it, personally. I think that the potential to do good is there. We the staff of this site do not own its likeness though, even if we DID want to make something to hand it out. Odds are we'd have to go through the site owners to ask permission to even do something like this. And they have their own channel with their own intro. It just starts to spiral out of control, ya know?

If you guys want to create something and share it out we are not adverse to allowing you to do so, last I heard. That said, there are at this time no plans in creating or having created an official video intro.

One thing to keep in mind is that we have zero control over what you tie the site's likeness to if we create something like this, and that can create a negative image of the site to outsiders. If we create an official opening and someone uses it on a shitpost video that gets a lot of negative attention, suddenly we're on the hook.

It's a decent idea. I like it, personally. I think that the potential to do good is there. We the staff of this site do not own its likeness though, even if we DID want to make something to hand it out. Odds are we'd have to go through the site owners to ask permission to even do something like this. And they have their own channel with their own intro. It just starts to spiral out of control, ya know?

What about a watermark instead? Surely that couldn't cause any issues if someone our side of the site was to authorise that video? Any video that was not authrorised for use with the watermark by a staff memeber we can simply flag it?

The last ones weren't official either. It was just some stuff Woz made and looked nice and we used because we can cut and crop and do basic shit but making things from scratch is out of our league.

I guess the feedback section is ultimately the wrong place for this thread? :think:

Yeah but the guide team already requires that we use the site's name on any video or image we create for a guide, at least as far as supplements go. So you already have an official opening where users can be putting the site's name on a shitpost.

In fact, creating a pre-made intro for people to use could be the site's opportunity to have a disclaimer already built into the intro that says something like "PlayStation Trophies dot org did not create this video is and is not responsible for its content" or whatever. It could also be made available to users with stipulations that you can use it only under a specific set of circumstances, and anything else may result in some kind of DCMA takedown request/cease and desist request/Content ID match/whatever.

Creating something "official", even if it's more non-official like the old ones were, actually gives you more control than having people cobble together shit like this (the shitty intro, not the guide Krid, you smartarse):

[ame]

[/ame]

I mean people could cobble together shit like that anyway, but who would if there was a nicer alternative?

What about a watermark instead? Surely that couldn't cause any issues if someone our side of the site was to authorise that video? Any video that was not authrorised for use with the watermark by a staff memeber we can simply flag it?

Watermarks are easy though. People can do watermarks. Look up there, I did one. :p

Edited by mjc0961

I guess the feedback section is ultimately the wrong place for this thread? :think:

How do you mean? I'm happy to continue a dialogue here. Maybe it's possible to sway the decision. I'm just tossing out some reasons why it might not be a great idea, and the knowledge that last I heard it wasn't happening. Happy to discuss.

Yeah but the guide team already requires that we use the site's name on any video or image we create for a guide, at least as far as supplements go.

Do they? I've made 50+ guides, many with videos, and have yet to put any branding or whatever on them at all. Not one of my videos on youtube states that it has anything at all to do with this site. :think:

In fact, creating a pre-made intro for people to use could be the site's opportunity to have a disclaimer already built into the intro that says something like "PlayStation Trophies dot org did not create this video is and is not responsible for its content" or whatever. It could also be made available to users with stipulations that you can use it only under a specific set of circumstances, and anything else may result in some kind of DCMA takedown request/cease and desist request/Content ID match/whatever.

Creating something "official", even if it's more non-official like the old ones were, actually gives you more control than having people cobble together shit like this (the shitty intro, not the guide Krid, you smartarse):

I mean people could cobble together shit like that anyway, but who would if there was a nicer alternative?

This was my thought the last time it was brought up in the staff forum for discussion. I'm not quoting anyone here primarily cuz it's buried somewhere and I'm not gonna go looking for it, but I believe the general consensus was what I said in my last post, and that we as a group lack the necessary skills to create something elegant.

I had brought up the idea of using a service like fiverr.com to have someone make an intro for us, but it didn't go anywhere (primarily I believe due to the potential complications I've stated).

If Vy/Mendel wanna chime in I'll let them speak further on the matter, I think I've said all I am able to, really, aside from that I'd personally like to see it happen. I'll bring it up in Skype if nobody else says anything here. I like the idea, but it may take some time, and/or straight up get shot down.

Well then. My one supplement lacks videos, so I suppose I'm in the clear. xD
I said for supplements. :p All videos and images are supposed to have the site name in them.

This was my thought the last time it was brought up in the staff forum for discussion. I'm not quoting anyone here primarily cuz it's buried somewhere and I'm not gonna go looking for it, but I believe the general consensus was what I said in my last post, and that we as a group lack the necessary skills to create something elegant.

I had brought up the idea of using a service like fiverr.com to have someone make an intro for us, but it didn't go anywhere (primarily I believe due to the potential complications I've stated).

If Vy/Mendel wanna chime in I'll let them speak further on the matter, I think I've said all I am able to, really, aside from that I'd personally like to see it happen. I'll bring it up in Skype if nobody else says anything here. I like the idea, but it may take some time, and/or straight up get shot down.

Yeah but this is all the idea of something official, provided by the site. My initial thought, and I think TC's as well, was just something unofficial like the ones Woz did and people (like me :o) used because they couldn't do any better.

Which also ties into me wondering if this is the right place for this thread. Maybe it should just be in UGC where users who are good at this kind of video creation can answer the request. As far as discussion something more official like what you're thinking, yeah, that should be here.

I think if you want to go official, you'd have to go to Webb or Routine, not Vy or Mendel. They're the ones who would actually have the power to say what they are and aren't willing to let people do with official intros or whatever.

I said for supplements. :p All videos and images are supposed to have the site name in them.

Yeah I may have missed that part. :whistle:

Yeah but this is all the idea of something official, provided by the site. My initial thought, and I think TC's as well, was just something unofficial like the ones Woz did and people (like me :o) used because they couldn't do any better.

"It could be linked from the FAQ's so going forward everyone is using the same one, making everything look much more smoother and slick."

If we're going to link to something in the FAQs (which currently don't work, but let's forget about that for now), then it'd likely need to be in some manner of official capacity. We'd be tying ourselves to it by "providing" it as such.

Which also ties into me wondering if this is the right place for this thread. Maybe it should just be in UGC where users who are good at this kind of video creation can answer the request. As far as discussion something more official like what you're thinking, yeah, that should be here.

I think if you want to go official, you'd have to go to Webb or Routine, not Vy or Mendel. They're the ones who would actually have the power to say what they are and aren't willing to let people do with official intros or whatever.

Yeah I mostly meant that an admin would basically act as the messengers from either side. I'm not intimidated at the thought of talking to Webb/Rx, I just respect the hierarchy, and would defer to the admin(s) in anything that would have to go through the site owners.

If someone wants to make a thread in UGC to promote the idea, you totally have permission to do so. We've had a video intro or two offered up to us before, and the response was that the user could freely share it via the UGC forum; they never did though.

If someone wants to make a thread in UGC to promote the idea, you totally have permission to do so.

A thread like that would carry more weight coming from someone like you i think. We could always turn it into a contest and bring the winner and runner ups ideas to Webb/Rx and see what they think.

There are some extremely talented members on this site, I'm sure they can come up with something real nice.