Skype icon broken?

Combatting

I read recently that Microsoft was going to be removing service for this feature. It's probably happened, and not going to work at all anymore. Assuming the thing I read about was in fact the plug in being used.

That or its just a service disruption.

Edit: here's the article - https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA605/how-do-i-set-up-the-skype-button-to-show-my-status-on-the-web-in-skype-for-windows-desktop

Edited by Noid

Maybe it's something to do with an email i got a couple weeks ago?

Update your old Skype buttons now

Hello

We'll soon be making some important changes to our old Skype buttons. These buttons allow customers to embed icons or buttons on their website that show their Skype presence status (for example, I'm online), by using an API.

After 15 May, 2015 all legacy Skype buttons that show your presence will no longer work. You can replace these old buttons with the new Call and Chat buttons.

Update your old buttons now

What this means

If you are currently using any button apart from the Call or Chat ones, please update your button before 15 May, 2015. After this date these buttons will not show your online presence like I'm online or I'm offline.

Why are we making this change?

We've not supported the presence Skype buttons for over two years and over time, their accuracy has deteriorated. For example, someone's status is not always reflected accurately – especially when they are on a mobile device. We have updated the Call and Chat buttons to allow customers or colleagues to continue reach you at the click of a button.

For more information see our FAQ about Skype buttons.