Is this still such a big issue it needs a sticky?

Oo Ion oO

Talking about the intersite trolling announcement.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/announcements/201684-intersite-trolling.html

I guess there were some trolling surrounding the cross-site competition, but I find it hard to believe this is a major thing.

Most of us don't care what goes on on the sister site, unless they put up a guide we need before we do ourselves. :)

Just think it messes up the announcement page.

Edited by Oo Ion oO

IIRC, the cross-site competition hadn't been mentioned until a few months later so I doubt it was that. Maybe it had something to do with console wars?

[EDIT] After reading the entire post, it appears to be concerning console wars.

Edited by Johnny Bananas

Talking about the intersite trolling announcement.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/announcements/201684-intersite-trolling.html

I guess there were some trolling surrounding the cross-site competition, but I find it hard to believe this is a major thing.

Most of us don't care what goes on on the sister site, unless they put up a guide we need before we do ourselves. :)

Just think it messes up the announcement page.

That wasn't put up over the cross-site competition, it was put up over the 2013 E3 conferences, after which the cool thing to do was take big fat steamy dumps all over anything and everything Xbox. The cross-site THL occurred a few months after that announcement.

As such, I absolutely agree that there doesn't need to be an announcement for this anymore. It's not the cool thing to take dumps on Xbone anymore. Add it into the forum rules thread so it's still on record and take the announcement down.

Edited by mjc0961

IIRC, the cross-site competition hadn't been mentioned until a few months later so I doubt it was that. Maybe it had something to do with console wars?

Yeah, it was. I remember when it first happened, and even remember one of our fellow banners getting banned because of it. It was definitely during the console wars.

I think it's an important announcement for the community to see in case they get the idea of trolling on the sister site.

As such, I absolutely agree that there doesn't need to be an announcement for this anymore. Add it into the forum rules thread so it's still on record and take the announcement down.

Or this. :whistle:

he probably means that THIS thread is also redundant.

but yes, i agree. actually there are some sections with way too many stickies here, that could or should be unstuck or combined.

If that was the case, the feedback thread is redundant because feedback is reduntant. :confused:

Yeah I think it was primarily due to the trolling that happened with the XB1 announcement. People were going from one site to the other and trolling the other side.

I'll unstick it, I've been revising/removing some of the older stickies and announcements here and there, just hadn't gotten to that yet.