Strange thing happened today.

Oo Ion oO

First time I checked the forum today, I clicked my UserCP as always, clicked on one of my subscribed threads, and a new screen popped up saying I was perma-banned. Went back to the previous page and clicked the same thread again and the forum was working as normal

Can someone shed some light on this?

What did you do Ion? :D

I've heard of this happening once before. Very strange, not sure what causes it :shrugs:

Can you imagine what was running through my head when I saw it?

How? What? Why? Who can I talk to? Can I still PM? Did someone hack my account? :francis:

Only lasted like 10 seconds though. :p

Edit: Hopefully Vyrastas, Olsen (as our previous admin) or RX knows why this occurs.

Edited by Oo Ion oO

Well, at least no one can blame me this time around.. :whistle:

Never had the happen. Hope it doesn't. I enjoy this site too much. :hug:

Well, if Terminator and me is going down, I'm sure you'll be going down with us. You have a lot of posts, and that seems to be a factor in these attacks.

That's odd, never experienced that before. :think:

So you could tell when you're either perma-banned or temp-banned?

I only got that page telling me I was perma-banned after clicking a subscribed thread.

Looking into this info we just have to keep the ip's from when these things are happening.

Very weird indeed. :think: I highly doubt you deserve such a thing ever. You were one of the coolest/nicest and a bit laid back persons I met in the sports/football thread section. Back in the Brazil World Cup wild event madness times. :)

Deep inside I would feel a bit upset and hurt a bit getting news you got banned or something. :( After all I may come back over there when Euro 2016 comes on/along. It would be a shame not seeing you there anymore in the sports thread again, when I show up again over there. ;)

I asked RX about it... only explanation is that with the new SEO cache (which is larger than the old one), it sometimes stores a page in a banned state and serves it to the users. But it doesn't last long since the cache is overwritten quickly. Whether he will fix it I don't know, but it's nothing to worry about.

First time I checked the forum today, I clicked my UserCP as always, clicked on one of my subscribed threads, and a new screen popped up saying I was perma-banned. Went back to the previous page and clicked the same thread again and the forum was working as normal

Can someone shed some light on this?

That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. I thought it was strange but since it only happened once I didn't think too much on it.

Well, if Terminator and me is going down, I'm sure you'll be going down with us. You have a lot of posts, and that seems to be a factor in these attacks.

Good point. I wonder if that is a factor although after what Vy said, I doubt it is. Thankfully it's not a huge bug.

Edited by Johnny Bananas

I asked RX about it... only explanation is that with the new SEO cache (which is larger than the old one), it sometimes stores a page in a banned state and serves it to the users. But it doesn't last long since the cache is overwritten quickly. Whether he will fix it I don't know, but it's nothing to worry about.

It seems to be worrying some people. :p

Thanks for clearing this up. Glad is just a minor thing. :)