Guide/Walkthrough

sum1_worsethan_u

It would be nice if trophies are linked if they are mentioned in the trophy guide foreward/walk through or referenced in other trophy descriptions. It was just a little bothersome to scroll through the guide looking for mentioned trophies while on a desktop or laptop...but it is annoying searching for referenced trophies on a smartphone. It would be sweet if there was a link to the referenced trophies.

Unbelievable...but I stumbled across kinda what I am talking about:

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Trophy Guide - PSNProfiles.com

Edited by sum1_worsethan_u
Add link...

That'd be something that would be quite a bit of work to set up on the main site, and not something that would actually be possible to do on the forum to my knowledge, unless you wanted to make one post in a thread per trophy and then link to those posts.

Yep you're right. The only way to do it in the forums would be to have a single trophy description per post. With 50+ trophies per game (average) and 10 posts per page on the forums this would really blow out the trophy guide length and I doubt the moderators or the guide team would approve.

This is a nice idea but I can't see it working and if the SEO plugin ever failed again, then you'd have guides packed with dead links and you'd be right back where you started :(. CTRL+F is your best best friend when on a computer.

Edited by Terminator
Rephrased.

Yep you're right. The only way to do it in the forums would be to have a single trophy description per post. With 50+ trophies per game (average) and 10 posts per page on the forums this would really blow out the trophy guide length and I doubt the moderators or the guide team would approve.

Vy / RX could add a BBCode-Tag that is replaced with an anchor-tag than you could use.

Or they could activate the HTML-code and you set them yourself, while <? /> activates HTML in your post. But that is unlikely to happen I guess.

Edited by c1ned1ne

Yeah as helpful as that can be, unfortunately the site's not built that way, and unless RX starts tagging all the trophies with anchor codes in the HTML it won't happen any time soon. And it wouldn't work in the forums at all currently.

I'd have to ask about the BBCode anchor tags, I wasn't aware those existed, nor do I know if that's easy to enable based on the software we're using now.