Suggestion: Game Night Parity

Dipsy

Didn't you hear? Game nights are canceled. :D

Right now, the online game selection is so small on PS4 that there would either have to be a massive cut back on PS3 game nights to maintain the balance, or everyone is going to get really sick of Ghosts, BF4, AC4, and Shadow Fall rather quickly.

And in time, as the PS4 builds up its game library, there will be more than enough games to play that PS3 game nights will probably go away completely aside from a few rare, special events (assuming game servers even stay up).

So ultimately, I think this is unnecessary and would only do harm if it was enacted. Just have to wait for more PS4 games with online modes that can make for good game nights.

Didn't you hear? Game nights are canceled. :D

Right now, the online game selection is so small on PS4 that there would either have to be a massive cut back on PS3 game nights to maintain the balance, or everyone is going to get really sick of Ghosts, BF4, AC4, and Shadow Fall rather quickly.

And in time, as the PS4 builds up its game library, there will be more than enough games to play that PS3 game nights will probably go away completely aside from a few rare, special events (assuming game servers even stay up).

So ultimately, I think this is unnecessary and would only do harm if it was enacted. Just have to wait for more PS4 games with online modes that can make for good game nights.

This^

Unfortunately, the amount of titles available on PS4 is very limited right now, so to vary it we have to delve into the PS3 archives still. There's also a large chunk of members (probably more than half) who don't have a PS4 yet, whereas almost all have a PS3 so they can get involved too.

PS4 games will come in time, as will more Game Nights.

There's still BF4 to do, but I'm guessing they'd be waiting for rentable servers and for the game to be on a stable level for most people before attempting that.

I'd like to see another PS4 gamenight as well but mjc and Krid are right, there just isn't a whole lot to choose from now and not a huge number of people who can participate.

As of right now, there are only four game nights to choose from, and I believe the EDs did them all in January. Ghosts, Killzone, NFS, and AC4. I can only assume we'll see more PS4 game nights when more PS4 titles have multiplayer support.

Ah, that's right. We had to do NFS instead of BF4 because EA doesn't know how to ship a completed product and forgot private matches again. :facepalm:

But still, only four games, and we're either going to tire of them quick or be bored at the lack of PS3 game nights. And hell, imagine trying to keep parity with PS Vita as well. Hope you all really like Killzone Mercs! :francis:

There's still BF4 to do, but I'm guessing they'd be waiting for rentable servers and for the game to be on a stable level for most people before attempting that.

EA and DICE are too busy making jokes about having fixed netcode for the Wii U version of Battlefield 4 to actually fix the netcode for all the other versions of Battlefield 4 which are actually real products people paid real money for. :facepalm:

I bet they wouldn't be acting like such smarmy cunts if they were still in the running to win Worst Company In America again. Didn't take long for them to show their true colors again after losing. :whistle:

Edited by mjc0961

Ah, that's right. We had to do NFS instead of BF4 because EA doesn't know how to ship a completed product and forgot private matches again. :facepalm:

But still, only four games, and we're either going to tire of them quick or be bored at the lack of PS3 game nights. And hell, imagine trying to keep parity with PS Vita as well. Hope you all really like Killzone Mercs! :francis:

EA and DICE are too busy making jokes about having fixed netcode for the Wii U version of Battlefield 4 to actually fix the netcode for all the other versions of Battlefield 4 which are actually real products people paid real money for. :facepalm:

Oh right, forgot BF4 had multiplayer support. :facepalm:

But my point was that there really isn't a huge selection right now to have a consistent number of PS4 game nights.

Until more games are available for these PS4 game nights what we should do is have one person a week who has the PS4 camera host a party and flag questions, a user spotlight if you will. They sit in front of their camera and all the regulars will show up and type racial slurs in the comments. You can also say nice things, but from what I've seen, some racial slurs are mandatory when interacting with others on there. It could turn into a roast of sorts.

Or we can just wait for some games.

Edited by WalterWhite