Main page taking forever to load

diskdocx

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, or this is the wrong forum.

The past 3-4 days the main page is taking forever to load. It seems to hang trying to pull an ad. At the bottom (in Firefox) it says "waiting for de.realmedianetwork.net

Probably takes about 2-3 minutes to finally load.

Maybe just a temporary issue. Not sure if others are having the same issue.

Is happening on my iPad, laptop, home and work desktops, so I don't think it is a computer specific issue. No problem once I am in the forums.

It works fine for me, it loads pretty much instantly and my internet is borderline atrocious and powered by a humped mammal.

Have you tried a different browser or clearing your cache/cookies/temp internet files? Perhaps that might make it load quicker on your home computer :). Bit weird it's happening of every device though, even at work!

I just noticed this happening for me, as well. When I pressed "Home", it only loads the top part, and I can't see anything else.

http://i.imgur.com/LN9XwOi.png

Took about 2 minutes to load fully. Now that is it in my cache, it loads faster.

It probably was those stupid pop-out ads where it plays videos.

I was using Google Chrome on a MacBook Pro.

I just noticed this happening for me, as well. When I pressed "Home", it only loads the top part, and I can't see anything else.

http://i.imgur.com/LN9XwOi.png

Took about 2 minutes to load fully. Now that is it in my cache, it loads faster.

It probably was those stupid pop-out ads where it plays videos.

I was using Google Chrome on a MacBook Pro.

This is exactly what I get. I assume it is likely a regional issue, as I'm sure the ads are geotargeted.

It works fine for me, it loads pretty much instantly and my internet is borderline atrocious and powered by a humped mammal.

Have you tried a different browser or clearing your cache/cookies/temp internet files? Perhaps that might make it load quicker on your home computer :). Bit weird it's happening of every device though, even at work!

I will look into AdBlock, and clear all the caches, although it is across several machines. Also the iPad by default is using a different browser (Safari)

Is it even possible to clear cookies on an iPad :think:

Edited by diskdocx

Doubtful, since I live in Hawaii and you live in Ontario. Commercial ads are still commercial ads, no matter where you are.

What I meant was it may be specific to certain regions, and whichever ad tracker is being used.

In any case, I added Ad Block Plus to Firefox and the issue is resolved for me.

Thanks for the suggestions guys :applause: