I was wondering why other sites like yours are against advertises

angei3

Because I notice alot forum sites are like that way I see it. Its win win situation were both sites get improvement. So whats your guys thoughts on advertises other sites here. Note I did not mention any site on this post so please don't lock it or delete it.

adverts are fine as long as they dont completely distract or stop you from what your doing:dance:

Why would they give out free advertising. They get paid for hosting ads on this site.

angei3 means posting links to other sites in threads, not the normal ads you see on each page.

We don't allow advertising other sites for a variety of reasons, mainly for liability. I know some sites are free and harmless, but it's a blanket rule. Think of it like this... you work at Burger King, how would you like someone from McDonald's coming in to your BK and advertising McDonald's to your customers?

Think of it like this... you work at Burger King, how would you like someone from McDonald's coming in to your BK and advertising McDonald's to your customers?
Probably about as much as Dr. McNinja. :D

http://drmcninja.com/comics/2004-08-11-0p9.jpg

Honestly though, I thought this thread was about affiliates (this site links another on the front page, and they link to here on their front page as well). Let me guess though, your mod powers let you see that the TC here just got an advertising thread locked?

Well I honestly think a certain site could improve this site and forum site could improve certain site. But I understand why this site like this sorry guys can't say site. But mod who lock my post knows which site.

Edited by angei3

Well I honestly think a certain site could improve this site and forum site could improve certain site. But I understand why this site like this sorry guys can't say site. But mod who lock my post knows which site.

You can say the site's name. What you shouldn't do is create a thread for the sole purpose of advertising some other site, which is why it was locked. Since the site you chose to advertise was YGC, it doesn't even make sense to begin with, since the vast majority of users here already know about that site.