Official Gluteus Maximus Trophy Guide

Northelimcg

This is a Guide for the hardest single-player trophy in Fat Princess.

Trophy Guide ~ Fat Princess - Roadmap and Trophy Guide - PlaystationTrophies.org

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/trophies/182/20.jpg Gluteus Maximus (B)

Defeat all Gladiate arenas

How this trophy works

1 ~ You must complete a total of 12 rounds with each class to unlock the trophy

2 ~ You must complete it with Worker, Wizard, Warrior, Ranger, Priest

3 ~ Once you complete a total of 12 rounds in arena and get a victory you will see a Stone Statue of the class that you did it.

4 ~ Once a wave/round is over make sure to get fully healed (To get healed just don't move your character he will sit down and eat pies and get automatically healed)

5 ~ The combination of enemies during each Round are always the same BUT differ in amount/variety depending on the class your doing it with.

If you keep dying, then keep learning the pattern of enemies and which gates they come from because it's always the same.

The Guide to becoming a Gladiator Master

http://i.imgur.com/kLJBIpt.png ~ ~ Worker Arena ~ - Completing 12 rounds with the Worker is actually probably the easiest out of all classes, thanks to his bombs and fast moving speed. The first 5 waves are pretty easy, just run round around and keep throwing bombs at the enemies. Remember you DO NOT have to fully charge your bomb to do the most damage, that just throws it a longer distance but has 0% effect on damage to the enemies.

Remember to hold :l1: most of the time during your attacks so you will do direct throws at the enemies and not miss, throwing without a lock-on will not give you much success at killing enemies.

When you get to Round 6, a wave of a bunch of villagers will start coming (if they hit you, you get stunned and can't do much) will come, don't be afraid of them, they should not touch you at all. Just keep running in huge circles around the arena and keep throwing bombs. Remember that the bomb also does splash damage and can sometime kill up to 2 or more enemies at a time (depending on their health of course.).

Also remember that during Round 6, some offensive enemies will also come, such as rangers, and sometimes dark priests, you must kill the offensive enemies 1st and ignore the villages because they don't really bother you unless you are going to get extremely unlucky or get yourself trapped by running in the wrong direction.

Rounds 7 - 11 is where things start to become more intimidating and complicated. You will start seeing a lot of priests, dark priests, rifle man (the rangers), and mages. Your biggest enemies are probably the dark priests and the rangers due to the fact that dark priests completely suck your health out really fast if you do not react and kill them in time and then all the rangers have to do is hit you once with their splash damage rifle and your dead.

You must also take out healers as they come, they can keep targets pretty good if they're not dead. However, your #1 priority are the Dark Priests, #2/#3 Rangers/Priest whoever is closer or is trapped must be killed.

Round 12

This is the last round that you have to survive to get your Worker Statue :) This round will throw big villagers at you (they still have same health, but they just look bigger so don't be afraid) However, this time around you will see a lot more off the offensive enemies.

A lot more rangers, dark priests, and I believe some wizards too. Kill them as fast as possible, if you do not eliminate the offensive enemies as quickly as possible you will not survive long enough to finish everyone off and you will die and have to start over.

You will also see some enemies in black coats, those are the strogest ones, they do most damage and have more classes than the regular green coated enemies. Make sure to kill any healers/priests running around before bombing the hell out of these baddies. Keep running around, jumping, and throwing bombs and the victory should be yours.

Remember you DO NOT have to hold the attack button long to actually throw a bomb, hold it for at least .75 sec and he will throw it. So just keep bombing away at a rapid pace, remember though, if you need to throw a bomb far away then you must charge your attack for a longer throw.

http://i.imgur.com/cbI1YCf.png ~ ~ Warrior Arena ~ - Completing 12 rounds as a warrior was a pretty big challenge for me. After over a 30 tries (I am not exaggerating) I finally found the secret on beating the 12th Round. As a Warrior you will want to charge up your attack All the time before you strike because it does an instant hit kill to brown and green coated enemies.

Another big thing you must get in a habit of doing with a warrior is learn every round's pattern and get to know it by heart. After a lot of practice and repetition you will already know which enemies come from which gates and when they come and after who. This will be one of your biggest advantages, during rounds 7-11.

Rounds 7 - 11

Once you know the patterns of the enemies every round you must be at that gate, charge your attack and kill one after another as quickly as possible. When you see Priests come out (healers) you must run up to them and execute them as fast as possible.

If you're feeling confident enough and not threatened by the enemy at a current state then you just easy run by them while running to the other enemy and quickly kill them simply by taping the attack button 2 or 3 times, they die very fast and easily because they have the lowest health.

You whole arena run with the warrior will be juggling enemies from one gate to another, sometimes you will even execute 2 enemies at a time instantly because of your charge up and the enemies being right next to each other and that helps a lot.

DO NOT use the halberd for the arena (expect for the last enemy in Round 12, I will explain why later as you read this) Just stick with your sword and shield, and DO NOT even bother using your shield for blocking arrows because it does not really help at later stages due to the fact there are so many enemies in the arena at once.

You're a warrior, you must eliminate targets as fast as possible and try to keep your health at least a medium level or higher, any below that might not give you enough time to heal to the next round and mess you up just because you didn't have that one little piece of heart.

Your biggest threats are the dark priests, these must be #1 because can suck all of your health out and leave you for dead by someone else. You must eliminate them as fast and as soon as possible. Best way to do this is to camp the gate they're coming from. Remember learn all the patterns, dark priests come from different gates in different rounds.

You're 2nd biggest threat are the healers/priests, these can die after you have killed a Dark Priest, however these can heal the melee attackers or rangers while your trying to chase someone else and they disrupt your progress and make you waste your health.

You're last biggest threat are the ranged enemy, the rangers with rifles, bows and of course the wizards, everything else is not really an issue since I already stated that melee always dies last.

Round 11 - This round is the hardest one before the final round. It will pop a lot of rangers, priests, and some dark priests, a few melee, and 1 black coated ranger that requires a fully charge attack to kill and a few quick hits afterwards.

If you can manage to kill all enemies before he comes, then just leave him last, or kill him if there is only another melee enemy running around. The melee is the least of your concerns and those usually die the last at the end of each round.

Round 12 - I thought this round was impossible, because of all the priests and the amount of dark priests that come wave after wave. At the start a black-coated ranger will pop out of the right gate (with a bow not a rifle). Eliminate him quickly before the priests start coming.

You will start noticing a good amount of priests one after another, and you will also see a black-coated warrior come out. He is big and very dangerous but very slow, so just stay away from him until everyone else is dead.

About 5-6 Dark Priests will come and more than 8 priests/healer, believe it or not the way I completed this round was with 1 last hit left before I die. No one can kill you here expect the Dark Warrior, and maybe if you get extremely unlucky by getting trapped/stuck. It was pretty much impossible for me to stay at a full health because of all the dark priests, I was left with 1 little piece of my last heart before I would of have been dead.

You probably won't be able to kill all the priests right away and will end up with about 4 or 5 of them running with the Dark Warrior. Just run by them and try not to get close to the warrior or he will kill you. Do a run by charge attack, and keep repeating until they're dead. Once it's just you and the warrior it's time to reveal the secret on how to beat this with 1 last hit left.

Take out your halberd and do as I say. Lock on to the Dark Warrior, (his very slow) and since your halberd is quite long it can actually hit him without getting to him too close. You have to be close but not close enough so he is able to hit you. Remember 1 hit, you're dead so be extremely careful or you will have to start all over. Just tap your attack button to do the stretched out halberd attack, if you hit him you will see blood spill and his heart happiness decreasing.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i.imgur.com/s2pYYUO.png ~ ~ Priest Arena ~ - Completing 12 rounds as a priest isn't really as hard as others, but can still be a challenge. You need a good eye to see your allies health status, fast healing reflexes and fast switching between priest/dark priest. It is possible to have all allies alive and finish the arena.

Rounds 1-5 The first few rounds are really easy, you can either be a dark priest or a healer, don't really matter, just keep healing your allies or keep sucking out the health out of your enemies so the allies can finish them off, either way works

Round 6

This round can either make it or break for you in the arena, it is very important that you kill the villagers here as fast and as safely as possible. The first villager will come from the right side, then I believe the left. You Must use a Dark Priest for this round

Use your lock-on as a Dark Priest and keep sucking out their health until your enemies kill each one. If you're ally is not helping you to kill the villager that you're trying to eliminate, simply run up to him and hit him with a staff to finish him/her off.

If you see any of your allies at low health, quickly switch to healing and do a direct heal (if only a few allies need heals) or a circle heal if a lot of them are injured (try to charge it as high as you can so you can do a max heal at the same time on all of your allies that are within the circle area).

Rounds 7-11 This is where the things really start to test your switching weapon abilities, healing/depleting health and keeping track of your allies health. It is extremely important that most of your allies (especially warriors) if not all of them must be kept alive until round 12.

When the enemies come, go to the gate where the battle takes place and heal/suck health out as you see/feel needed. If you see any of your allies with a heart that's yellow or orange/red do a direct heal quickly if you can. Keep jumping from battle to battle healing and depleting health wherever is needed so you can have a balanced fight and you don't spend too much time in one place while your allies are dying on the other side of the arena.

Do not bother using the Dark Priest's area of effect curse, because it does not help you at all and I was able to do the arena without using it a single time. Sucking out health and healing your allies is they key to winning this class's arena.

Playing as a priest you should not be so concerned about your personal health, your allies is what really important to you. They are the ones that keep you alive and keep the arena going, if one of them or two of them area early in the arena, then just restart because it's pretty much pointless to keep going because the enemies will overrun your allies and kill you.

Round 12

If you got past all of the rounds, this one shouldn't be hard, just do the same thing as you did before. However, I strongly suggest that you suck out the Dark Warriors health here because they do a ton of damage to your allies, and also try switch back and forth to heal and suck health out.

You must also quickly eliminate their priests so that way they don't kill your allies, the same goes for dark priests. If you see any of them, suck their health, and hit them with a staff or hope that your ally will come up and whack them in a face to finish them off.

This class requires a lot of paying attention and a quick eye/reflex in order to win. Keep trying and you should be good. When I finished the Priest's arena I still had all of my allies alive and I was actually quite surprised. Once you are victorious you will recieve the Priest Statue :)

http://i.imgur.com/h0RXCk8.png ~ ~ Wizard Arena ~ - This is one requires you to be really good at timing your attacks and knowing when to run away and when not to run away. However, in this guide I will cut down the work for you for the first 7 Rounds, they are pretty easy but I will make them even easier for you.

What to do as a Wizard in arena? You will be only using your fire area of effect attack (does not have to be fully charged but can help in some cases) It's very important for you to know the patterns off each Round as a wizard, because if you do not , you will fail at this arena.

Ok, this is how were going to do it, now listen carefully. There are 3 gates in the arena, left, middle and right. I wll tell you what to do for first 7 Rounds and of course explain 8-12. Follow this Legend Key ~ AoE Fire (Area of Effect Fire attack), L-G = Left Gate, M-G = Middle Gate, R-G = Right Gate.

Round 1 - Total Enemies to progress = 2, Fire Burst requires = 1.

There will be only 2 warriors in the first round. First one will appear from the L-G and 2nd one will appear from M-G. Wait till both of them come out and make sure you're fire attack is already charge before they start coming (Don't worry they won't be able to hit you, even at your slow speed) and gather them together, let go of the button to release fire, run away and they will die from the fire burst over-time

Round 2 - Total Enemies to progress = 3, AoE requires = 2

There will be a total of 3 Archers that come in the second round. You must kill the first one with your first charge fire burst, he appears in the M-G. Then 2 more will come from R-G, wait for both of them and release you're charge fire again.

Round 3 - Total Enemies to progress = 4, AoE requires = 1

You only need 1 fire burst here to kill all 4 enemies. A warrior will come from the R-G, then the rest of the other 3 enemies will come from L-G. 2 Archers and 1 Ice Mage. Release your attack once all enemies are at the L-G, run away, let them die and heal up for next round.

Round 4 - Total Enemies to progress = 5, AoE requires = 1

You also need 1 fire burst here to kill all 5 enemies. 1 Warrior will come from the L-G and another one from the M-G, then the rest of the enemies will come from also the M-G. 2 Archers and 1 Fire Mage will pop from M-G, release your fire attack and they will all burn and die, run away and heal.

Round 5 - Total Enemies to progress = 6+, AoE requires = multiple

In this round you will be focusing on the M-G and R-G, an Archer comes from M-G then a lot from R-G. Just keep running in circle and keep bursting AoE attacks until all are dead. I also believe you will encounter 2 healing priests but they shouldn't be a problem since you just burning everyone all together over and over.

Round 6 - Total Enemies to progress = 10+, AoE requires = multiple

This is very easy, wait until you get 3 villagers chasing you and then run to the L-G and unleash your first AoE to kill 3 villagers and an archer. Keep circling on the left side of the arena until a dark priest pops, unleash the AoE when he comes out killing him and other villagers in the process.

Charge up another AoE and run straight to the R-G as soon as the Dark Priest is dead, to kill the last archer and the villagers. Heal up and get ready for round 7...

Round 7 - Total Enemies to progress = 8+, AoE requires = multiple

Easy round, majority of the enemies will come from M-G, so learn the pattern and keep circling around the M-G burning everyone as they come out, you should have at least half of your health or more before they're all dead.

Rounds 8 - 11

This is where things get pretty tricky. Rifleman will be your biggest threat along with the Dark Priests. If the rifleman hit you right in the spot they can take away an entire heart or more. Try to run in with a charged AoE, and run out and hope that they will die from fire. Also as your running near them or away from the, try to also jump to avoid several bullet hits.

The Wizard only has 4 hearts, so it's very hard to live and it is extremely important that you keep using your attacking tactics well. Dark Priests can be a problem because they will quickly deplete your health and can mess up your rhythm of winning the arena.

Don't worry about the priest/healers so much, they should be dying in the process since you do AoE burns. Also, Fire Mages can be sometimes problematic, due to the fact if they put you on fire, the fire over-time can take a way a lot of your heatlh and pretty much kill you during the round. If you get caught on fire or your fighting a lot of Fire Mages stay near the water (Left or Right side of the Arena) and quickly jump and jump out to get back in normal stay and keep killing.

Round 12

This one is medium difficulty but not so hard, due to the fact that the last few waves of enemies are only a bunch of healers and dark priests and melee attackers only. The first few waves of enemies will be villagers, brown-coated warriors and archers.

Eliminate them as fast as you can with your AoE attacks, keep charging one after another (it does not have to be a full charged attack, but charged enough so that you can put them on fire which only requires of a 1.5 second of a charge.)

Watch out for the rifleman to come out and eliminate them also if the situation allows you too, remember to run in, AoE, run out and hope they die and do your best to survive.

Once the last few waves start coming, you will see a bunch of green-coated warriors coming out, with priests and dark priests. Eliminate the priests/dark priests first before you start attacking the warriors. Also the last two enemies will be the Dark Warriors with some more priests still running around the arena. Again this is not really a threat, just keep kiting them.

You can still run with a fully charged AoE, the warriors are really slow and will never catch up as long as you do big circle and keep killing the priests. Once all the priests/dark priests are dead, kite the Dark Warriors, and AoE them down!

Edited by Terminator
Fixed broken link.

http://i.imgur.com/SZYG0ar.png ~ ~ Ranger ~ - Completing 12 rounds as a Ranger was very difficult. It probably has one of the most hard learning curves. Learning how to manage as a Ranger with only a bow/rifle was quite complicated. I tried everything, both the bow and the gun neither worked. However, I discovered an interesting technique that worked perfectly if executed at the right time and correctly.

Here is the trick that you must know in order to complete the Arena with a Ranger. Mid-charge or fully charge with your bow and as soon as you release, hit triangle to switch to gun and hold the attack button again and it will charge very fast and instantly.

This allows you to do a double shot, one with bow and a gun almost instantaneously. Also, make sure your using lock-on during the Ranger's Arena, it will make shooting easier. However, sometimes there will be situation where you can just run into a priest/dark priest and shoot them without aiming with a full charge arrow or a rifle. This is useful when it's hard to lock-on to a particular enemy, so you have to know when to lock-on and when not to lock-on. You feel what is the right thing to do overtime as you repeat the arena.

So what does it do exactly? Well... if you haven't noticed when you fully shot a charge arrow or a gun and you try to fully charge it again, it plays a long animation of the Ranger putting the weapon back in the normal position.

When you fully charge, shoot and instantly change your weapon and try to charge again it cancels the animation allowing you to shoot a lot faster and do much more damage without delays. This is why this technique is extremely vital.

The trick above will be used for Round 6-12, you must learn it and perfect it if you want to get this trophy and win the Ranger arena. I will walk you through the rounds also obviously, here we go!

Rounds 1-5

These rounds are very easy, you do not need any special strategy or any kind of a walk-through to get this trough this. What I can give you though is the best/fastest/safest way to do it. Just keep tapping the attack button using you bow and it will shoot arrows fast and kill enemies quickly. It does not matter who dies first, these first 5 round are extremely easy.

Round 6

Round 6 is a good round to practice the technique that we are going to use to beat the Ranger's arena. Eqiup your gun and be ready to shoot the first villager that comes out the right gate, he will die with 1 full charge shoot. Once you let off your first shot, rapidly change your weapon, charge fully, shoot again to another villager.

Make sure you using a lock-on while you're doing this trick to make it work Keep repeating this process and run around in circles, you will realize after some time how fast this trick defeats enemies and how fast the weapons re-charge for a full strong shot.

Last but not least, a Dark Priest will come out mid-round 6 from the right gate, you can just run up to him and eliminate him with a blind none-lock with your rifle or do a lock-on with a bow, but you must kill him before he starts taking away your health.

Rounds 7-11 This is where things get really complicated. You will start getting a lot of priests/healers, rifleman, and wizards. This is where the Ranger technique comes into full play/use. You must learn the pattern of where the enemies come from and which ones from where if you want to achieve this arena victory.

Using the technique the enemies need to drop like flies, particular priests/dark priests and wizards. If wizards set you up on fire, you can get into very big trouble. Don't worry about the melee enemies, they're the least of your concern and can be kited and killed at the end. You MUST eliminate all healers/dark priests and any range attack first before you move on too anything else.

Trust me you will die a lot, and get frustrated, this is a difficult class to master in arena. It will take time/practice/dedication. It took me about 2 or so hours to get it right and finally become victorious, oh and also your fingers/hands will be cramped, because mine sure did and I am sure yours will too. So be ready for it, if you're trying to achieve this victory.

Round 12

This round isn't so bad in the beginning, but it gets tough at the end. The first wave of enemies will a bunch of priests and dark priests. Eliminate Dark Priests immediately as they come out, because if they drain your health far enough and you get to the near last wave you will die and be extremely pissed off.

Don't worry about the healers, because a fully charged shot with a gun/bow will instantly kill a dark priest/priest. Eliminate them as quickly as possible, then move to the offensive targets. Later in the mid-fight, Dark Warriors will come out, ignore them until the end and keep fighting the other enemies.

Here is the hard part and where your technique will come into play again. I believe 2 or 3 Dark Rangers will come (they have more health and take more fully charged shots to kill) You must eliminate all healers before you attempt to kill any of these suckers.

Use the technique that we learn against them, move around and keep damaging them with your bow/gun as fast as you can with full charges back and forth. Once they're all dead, just kite the Dark Warriors and kill them. Congratulations, the Ranger Statue is yours :)

Victory ~ Hope this guide has helped you :) Good Luck gladiators!

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing image.

the lock on system infuriates the fuck outta me. i managed to beat the priest by dark draining most people. the ranger, which lock on is key, hardly ever locks on to the person i want it to lock on it.
Yeah, locking on can be a bitch.

(In the future you should edit post as oppose to double posting, that's usually frowned upon in almost all posting communities.)

I managed to kill all the Dark Priests in wave twelve with 2.1 hearts remaining.

You have to camp the shit out of the doors on the left/middle once you kill the one that comes from the right door.

Then just proceed to fallow your strategy except now you can get hit three or four times.

Edit: Was reffering to the Warrior.

Edited by mcnichoj

I managed to kill all the Dark Priests in wave twelve with 2.1 hearts remaining.

You have to camp the shit out of the doors on the left/middle once you kill the one that comes from the right door.

Then just proceed to fallow your strategy except now you can get hit three or four times.

Edit: Was reffering to the Warrior.

ah, cool, glad it worked out for you dude :)

Only missing the Warrior and Mage, are they the hardest?

they're both pretty hard, warrior however has a lot of health but more enemies to fight and he is slow. The mage does not have a lot of health and he has to act really fast.

It all really depends on you, but they're both a challenge. Easiest is the Worker for most people.