randoms absolutely suck in coop

luxxx

So apparently the online in this game suffers the same as every other game in existence to the player base. Everyone sucks. When they realize how bad they suck they drop from the game causing me to return to the main menu.

Is there really no way to host or choose what map to play on in public?

Edited by luxxx

• 1 month later...

Forgive me Pungx7, but luxxx was merely commenting on the unreliability of the public co-op system, rather than requesting a co-op partner, which is the sole purpose of that thread.

I happen to agree somewhat, there does seem to be a lot of 'randoms' that flit about from lobby to lobby.

However, if you stay long enough, then you will become the host of a lobby, and can then choose the map/difficulty - this has happened to me many times, in fact I can't say that I have ever been kicked back to the main menu because of a player leaving.

It just rotates right?

Maybe I'm wrong, and have been lucky all this time :D

I got kicked back to the main menu several times do to the last player leaving.

Even if it's not the last player to drop, when you get to a hard part & a couple people do drop because it's to hard then I'd end up dying because of no help & just start the madness all over again.

I think the co-op on this game is fun with a decent team but it does need a lot of work. With the way to join a game & other issues.

I saw the truck you load explosives on the back of then protect, driving on a power line. That was really a wtf moment. lol

All in all I enjoyed it but glad to be done with co-op on this one.

I got kicked back to the main menu several times do to the last player leaving.

Strange....I stand corrected :)

Usually when this has happened to me, however, I'll be the last one in the lobby, and by default I'll be the host - many times I've been sat alone in the lobby waiting for other players to join.

Even if it's not the last player to drop, when you get to a hard part & a couple people do drop because it's to hard then I'd end up dying because of no help & just start the madness all over again.

Yes, I know how that feels - it's frustrating watching other people go 'Rambo-Style' and mess it up - then I'm left looking at three revive icons, which then, one by one, disappear! :D

This truly was annoying. It took me hours before I got in the last map I needed, and then people just dropped out, last one disconnected right before the match was done, host connection error, etc.

This made the trophy a lot harder to get than it needed to be.

• 2 weeks later...

It comes all down to whom you play with. Really, had a co-op session on Sidetracked and Lights Out with randoms, and we didn't really have any problems at all. So then you might wonder. Was it because the random sucked, or because I was awesome? The latter is right.

No just kidding, had a decent team with me.

Edited by Gnyg

Yeah, I think the OP just had bad luck(or maybe I just got really lucky). I got all the co-op trophies in a matter of 8 hours or so spread over two days with randoms. A few clueless players joined in every once in a while but for the most part these trophies were pretty painless.

I done 2 of the maps online and had been dropped once because the people left. These maps would be very easy done with a friend in split screen, but i had nobody to play with late at night and done the other 4 using 2 controllers, i hid one guy up and if/when i died i switched control, its fairly easy apart from the parts where you have to carry something and cannot shoot. So if worse comes to worse you could always copy me, espically if youre already level 15 online.

• 2 weeks later...

I did the first 5 co-op maps with my younger brother and we had a great time, decided TJ do the 6th one online as he was asleep and the people I played with were all good. Everyone held their own and if one went down, you knew someone would revive.

Either I had good luck or you guys had bad lol

I hate when people have bad games and then complain that randoms "suck". It's all dependent on who you play with. Sure, you'll get the Rambo (typically CoD players making the transition to higher-damage shooters) who keeps going down and sinks the team, but you can always find another lobby. I do hate the people who squat the spawn and waste a spot, though.

Further to my previous post on page 1, I wish to add a few thoughts now that I have had a substantial amount of time playing the co-op maps.

I've become mildy obsessed with max-ing out all the weapons, so I've played little else since I last posted, and I have to say that there has been quite a lot of very skilled, high ranked players in most public lobbies I have been involved with recently. I've also noticed that there are more lobbies playing insane mode recently, which is great fun, though not recommended for beginners!

I'm also seeing a lot of familiar names again and again (nothing unusual about that you might say), who are building their stats on a regular basis, which suggests that I am not alone in my obsession with this game.

In short, the co-op side of this game seems to be improving (perhaps streamlining is a more appropriate word) - sure there are fewer players discovering the game, but those that do, are sticking with it, seemingly for some time, which is encouraging.

There are still a number of less experienced players that will become overwhelmed quickly and leave (especially on insane mode) but this doesn't happen that often these days, and one usually sees them again sooner or later with a higher rank and better weapons and tactics.

Just some ramblings on my observations - not sure if anyone will agree.

:)

Edited by bongobreak
typo

Is there really no way to host or choose what map to play on in public?

Only just started co-op after finishing the main game, so apologies if this sounds obvious or stupid. I don't know if it was coincidence or not but I tried to start a private online co-op game with a mate, with me as host selecting the chapter and difficulty. My mate dropped out and so I switched to public co-op and it found me a game using the same chapter and difficulty as in the private match. Tried it a couple of times and it always worked. Maybe worth a try for anyone struggling to find a particular chapter/difficulty they want to play.

• 1 month later...

typed in 'killzone 3 randoms suck' out of frustration. its a general statement, but its true enough. when you get more than half the team camping with marksmen getting a decent ammout of kills...but not stopping any objectives...they need to be playing the bodycount mode. whatever its called...i just play warzone because i enjoy the objective gameplay. as much as keeping the enemy against a wall with kills you have to actually move.

killzone is the best shooter out there, but idiots are out there to and they play the wrong game. i know thats a very pathetic thing to say. it is a game. they can play how they want, in the same breath though there is a mode meant for just getting kills. i leave alot of games midway because im not going to try and carry a team that wont objectively play.

if i can get 2 or 3 people to work with me thats another story though. end rant. dont care about how old this thread is. google search brought me here, to page 2 even. go figure.

typed in 'killzone 3 randoms suck' out of frustration. its a general statement, but its true enough. when you get more than half the team camping with marksmen getting a decent ammout of kills...but not stopping any objectives...they need to be playing the bodycount mode. whatever its called...i just play warzone because i enjoy the objective gameplay. as much as keeping the enemy against a wall with kills you have to actually move.

killzone is the best shooter out there, but idiots are out there to and they play the wrong game. i know thats a very pathetic thing to say. it is a game. they can play how they want, in the same breath though there is a mode meant for just getting kills. i leave alot of games midway because im not going to try and carry a team that wont objectively play.

if i can get 2 or 3 people to work with me thats another story though. end rant. dont care about how old this thread is. google search brought me here, to page 2 even. go figure.

Google brought you to a thread about Far Cry 3 not Killzone 3 :p

Well Bodycount is dead that might be the reasons why.