XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3 Games > Disc-Based PS3 Games > F (PS3) > Far Cry 3

Old 12-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default How do I melee kill?

Im trying to unlock the knife throw take down skill. I need 3 melee kills, but keep getting takedowns instead of melee kills. Whats the trick?
CiDDY08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   10,000 Posts   Gold  Road Map Submitter   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   Gold Submission   Guide Supplement Bronze   I Beat the Staff Too!!!!   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)

Get up close and in front of the enemy and keep spamming that melee button.

If that not works, take some distance where you won't do a takedown and keep spamming that melee button and than move towards the enemy.

What also might work. Go to a liberated outpost, wait for the Rakyat warriors to show up in their car (your allies). Go stand in front of the car. Hold to commandeer their car. When they get out, start meleeing them. If you provoke them, they'll will count as enemies. Not sure if it works with the skill requirements, but you can get multiple trophies by doing provoking the Rakyat which mention enemies in the trophy description.

Check out my YouTube for Trophy Guides and More!
My Trophies Sig&Ava by RED_REBEL44
Old 12-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

^^ that. Or I'm pretty sure you won't be promoted with the take down option if the enemy is alerted. So make sure they see you, then get up close and personal

RauCHeN ToKEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #4 (permalink)

I just got my first one by keeping some distance and spamming the button. Its the swipe knife that is melee. gteat tip
CiDDY08 is offline   Reply With Quote