Word of Mouth - "Remained Active"

RemingtonInk

One of the conditions for the site award Word of Mouth is that the referred new member must "remain active". How is this measured?

I swear that I had one referral sign up and I saw my number increase right away (could be me though).

I'm pretty sure that requirement is outdated, or not necessary anymore.

This sorta reminds me of the description of the Trophy Guide awards as well though. It says that the user has submitted the x amount of Trophy Guides to the site, when really, it's for the guides that get chosen.

For example, this is the description of the Trophy Guide award:

"This user has submitted 10-24 trophy guides to the site or has significantly contributed in the writing of 10 and been named."

It sorta sounds like you can either get credit for either submitting, or getting a guide stuck. Or is it just me? :think:

Edited by Warbear

That description is outdated like Wenchbear said. That was for the old WOM award (dunno if you remember it?) where you needed maybe 5-10 referrals but those users needed to be active. Now we just go straight by the number of referrals on your statistics page, regardless of if they sign up and log out and never come back again.

As for the TG description, I think the assumption is that if you submit a guide, you wrote it. And that submitting means it's used by the site. "Significantly contributed and named" would indicate a co-op guide where maybe your partner posted the Roadmap or full guide and submitted it.

Edited by Darth_Krid

I can update the WOM award descriptions in the Award FAQ, if that's what you're talking about.

I'm pretty sure most people get that the guide/roadmap awards are for ones accepted, but I can change the description if people really want.

WOM could probably use it. Guide and roadmap should be painfully obvious, but if people are going to go on archeological digs to find the tiniest nits to pick out of a vast desert full of nothing, then might as well change it too even though it doesn't really need it at all.

WOM could probably use it. Guide and roadmap should be painfully obvious, but if people are going to go on archeological digs to find the tiniest nits to pick out of a vast desert full of nothing, then might as well change it too even though it doesn't really need it at all.

I wouldn't call this nit picking or painfully obvious; its a legitimate question really. Especially if you're a new member and just joined the site recently. If anything, yes I agree we could be less vague. But anyways.

Edited by BreadSkin

I wouldn't call this nit picking or painfully obvious; its a legitimate question really. Especially if you're a new member and just joined the site recently. If anything, yes I agree we could be less vague. But anyways.

I would; can't see why anyone would think you'd get rewarded just for submitting something. And the fact that the site has gone on this long without anyone questioning it shows that nobody's been confused by it and they all understand what the award is for.

Thus, I stand by my original statement where I called it nitpicking. :p Change it if you guys want to make the nitpickers happy, but the description wasn't confusing anybody like the WOM one was.

I would; can't see why anyone would think you'd get rewarded just for submitting something. And the fact that the site has gone on this long without anyone questioning it shows that nobody's been confused by it and they all understand what the award is for.

Thus, I stand by my original statement where I called it nitpicking. :p Change it if you guys want to make the nitpickers happy, but the description wasn't confusing anybody like the WOM one was.

I think a lot of people noticed it, I for one did too. But it was a small issue and probably didn't warrant an entire thread for itself, so nobody felt the need to say about it. Hardly nitpicking, it's called "Updating a description to make things clearer".

Anyways, before someone goes off on a rant again and types up a few paragraphs long explanation in what nitpicking means, I'm gonna close this. The OP has his answer, and we'll see what can be made less vague (if any) in terms of award descriptions. It's getting off topic anyways so.

:locked: