I just recieved a warning in my PM, failure to use spoliers...why?

IsaacPlaystation321

one of the moderators, Fletchar2 post me a message saying that I failed to use spoiler tags in my thread from the Ailen Isolation froum and it was going against the site rules and regulations. I don't see how this is a problem considering the fact that I wrote *Spolier* on the subject title

is there a Playstationtrophy staff/moderator that can look into this and tell me whether this is a valid reasoning for giving me a warning? I'm sure that more than one moderator will have a different opinion

I'm pretty sure putting "spoilers" in the title is not enough, you have to use the spoiler tags (you'd be surprised how many people gloss over the title). I'll leave it to a mod to confirm though.

My two cents: your guide shouldn't contain spoilers. Try to be as vague as possible while still making it clear as what to do. So for a very generic example, instead of saying "Save the surprise-cameo-princess-Peach after Johnsicle dies" make it something like "Save the surprise-cameo-character after the cutscene".

Weird example is weird, but I hope my point came across :p.

It's explained in the thread saying how to use spoiler tags.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/faq/8606-spoiler-tags.html

Just saying spoiler in the title isn't enough. Unless it's a mod posted story discussion thread you have to use spoiler tags for important story info.

You also probably could have just PMed Fletchar and asked him to explain the reasoning rather than making a thread about it.

Edited by Gage

is there a Playstationtrophy staff/moderator that can look into this and tell me whether this is a valid reasoning for giving me a warning? I'm sure that more than one moderator will have a different opinion

It's in the rules.

6. Spoiler Tags

Putting *SPOILERS* in your thread title is nice, but use of spoiler tags within a thread is mandatory, regardless of what you put in the thread title.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/announcements/163957-pst-site-rules-updated-2-11-2013-a.html

You also probably could have just PMed Fletchar and asked him to explain the reasoning rather than making a thread about it.

Exactly.

Yes, it is. And no, we don't. The Spoiler rules have been in place for a very long time, and the rules specifically say that using "Spoiler" in your thread title is not enough, you have to use spoiler tags.

Considering Alien Isolation is fairly new and you've been around for a long time you can consider yourself lucky that you've only been given a warning, it could have been worse.

Next time, instead of posting a thread about it either PM the mod in question, or if you feel you've been unfairly treated one of the Super Mods or Vyrastas, thank you.

:locked: