New to PS3 - boosting trophies

MUFC99

Hi all

I'm an Xbox 360 owner and achievement hunter. With the 360 having party chat it makes things a lot easier to coordinate boosting sessions.

I'll be picking up a PS3 soon as I like some of the exclusives and will probably carry on my obsessive need to 100% each game (providing there are trophies for a particular game of course/servers not down etc).

As I'm totally new to the PS scene, is it just as easy to boost games? From what I've read I understand there is in-game text chat but no voice chat? The only voice chat is if you create a private room but you can't chat while gaming? How are PS3 users able to coordinate sessions where things can get a bit tricky - is it all done via text?

Thanks for any help.

PS3 doesn't have a party chat system like Xbox 360. Boosting is just done through regular chat, assuming the game in question has that functionality. Otherwise you can use text chats. Most games support voice chat though, which is what HardcoreJinks ever so helpfully alluded to. Having a mic will be very beneficial for boosting.

PS3 doesn't have a party chat system like Xbox 360. Boosting is just done through regular chat, assuming the game in question has that functionality. Otherwise you can use text chats. Most games support voice chat though, which is what HardcoreJinks ever so helpfully alluded to. Having a mic will be very beneficial for boosting.

Thanks very much, solstice. I didn't know that you could chat in game (provding the game supports it like you said) so that's good to know. As mentioned, totally new to the PS scene so thanks for the help.

And yeah, as HardcoreJinks pointed out so expertly, I guess I need a mic to talk to people. :rolleyes:

May I also suggest using Skype or Teamspeak during boosting sessions if you're able to have a computer nearby? I'm partially deaf so I almost never use a mic and using Skype and other means of chat for boosting sessions.

This is another good thing to mention. You might want to consider Skype as another option. Back when Borderlands 2 was a new game I used to play it with my friend and talked simultaneously over a Skype call. This is of course you game next to a computer/laptop.

This is another good thing to mention. You might want to consider Skype as another option. Back when Borderlands 2 was a new game I used to play it with my friend and talked simultaneously over a Skype call. This is of course you game next to a computer/laptop.

You can also get the Skype app on pretty much any device so... yeah... If you have a smart phone (which I assume most people do these days) you can Skype just fine with that.