Deleting Trophies

silverman

There is a way to delete them off the HDD and that is to format it or install a new one.

When I installed both my 250gb & 500gb none of my trophies appeared until I booted up each game and allowed the Trophy list to appear on my Trophy collection screen and even after that they showed that no Trophies had been collected unless I synced up.

An extreme way, I know, but why you'd want to delete them is a mystery. U can never erase them from the PSN however. The only way around that is to create a new PSN ID and never use your old one again.

there is no way to delete the trophies. once they are synced with the psn the are on their servers. you do not even have to boot up games. just sync trophies and wait a bit. then they will appear. do not question that as i just build in a new hdd and wondered where my trophies had gone in the backup. checked trophies... had none... and after a while they were all there again.

When I installed both my 250gb & 500gb none of my trophies appeared until I booted up each game and allowed the Trophy list to appear on my Trophy collection screen and even after that they showed that no Trophies had been collected unless I synced up.

Wait a sec...

I want to buy a new 320 GB HDD for the PS3. So if I back up the oöd data on a external HDD, shut down the PS3, remove the old HDD, put in the new and then copy the backup on that one ... do I have to fear losing any trophies? Does the booting trick work for all games (Retails and PSN)?

Wait a sec...

I want to buy a new 320 GB HDD for the PS3. So if I back up the oöd data on a external HDD, shut down the PS3, remove the old HDD, put in the new and then copy the backup on that one ... do I have to fear losing any trophies? Does the booting trick work for all games (Retails and PSN)?

As long as your Trophies are synced to your PSN ID, you're fine.

Also if you backup the data, you're fine too.

Great, so I'm fine twice. :D

But there is no function to back up just the trophies on a USB drive for "security precaution". But you're right - what's synched is saved on Sony servers and should re-appear even with a new HDD.

So I suppose that if I log into a friend's PS3 with my account data, the trophies will be there as well, tight? So take the scenario that I'm the first one awake the day after a party at a friend's house. Everyone else is sleeping so I decide to use his PS3 to kill the time until they wake up. I create a new user account, log in with my PSN data, play games (and maybe get trophies), then synch, log into my account back at home and get the trophies I earned at his place?

(I know, the scenario sounds strange ... but I have been watching a lot of CSI Miami in the past few days :D)

P.S.: Trophies are "lost" if you delete the user on the PS3 system and throw away the login data as well :D

Yes, your scenario sounds strange, but yes, even if you play at another PS3 and earn trophys there (for example your friend has a trophy-game you don't have) they will saved to your PSN-ID and you will have them when synchronizing your own PS3.

It's an easy system bound to your PSN-ID and the server from Sony.

But maybe, if the servers crashes, the trophys could go away? Hmm... But well, I don't think that this scenario will happen ;-)

ye i was wondering the same thing about deleting trophies to be honest i dont think i would have ever bought warhawk now because really i would like to achieve 100% in all games and i also have the 7 japanese trophies on my psn and i would have rather has just english ones on there but i guess its something im going to have to live with lol

• 1 year later...
Great, so I'm fine twice. :D

But there is no function to back up just the trophies on a USB drive for "security precaution". But you're right - what's synched is saved on Sony servers and should re-appear even with a new HDD.

So I suppose that if I log into a friend's PS3 with my account data, the trophies will be there as well, tight? So take the scenario that I'm the first one awake the day after a party at a friend's house. Everyone else is sleeping so I decide to use his PS3 to kill the time until they wake up. I create a new user account, log in with my PSN data, play games (and maybe get trophies), then synch, log into my account back at home and get the trophies I earned at his place?

(I know, the scenario sounds strange ... but I have been watching a lot of CSI Miami in the past few days :D)

P.S.: Trophies are "lost" if you delete the user on the PS3 system and throw away the login data as well :D

I tried logging-in with my PS3 using other PSN account but it won't accept...

I tried logging-in with my PS3 using other PSN account but it won't accept...

Is there an error code that pops up like 800721A0 (hypothetical)? If so, then check online to figure out what the case is and find a solution (if there is an immediate one). If there is no error code, then report back here...

I'm actually confused about what the problem is so how about telling us the step-by-step from the attempt of logging on until the error code, invalid password/username, etc. shows up then we may be able to help you more in-depth. Someone could very well have an answer for you...