XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > PS3T Central > FAQ

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 04:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Jungalist

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Birthday   SOTM Winner
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I had this with a DiRT 2 boost I organised for aload of us to get the Rush Hour Trophy. It was all going smoothly until 3 people got their trophy and then f**ked off, so we then spent further 3hours playing the game to get just 2 more people done with randoms with us bashing them. In the end we gave up and had to organise another night for these guys get their trophies. All of this could have been avoided if those 3 guys didnt leave the boost.

It something you gotta hate but also deal with it when it happens. I mean I dont mind helping people also, but it's gotta be two ways otherwise I'll soon lose interest in helping you.

I can see why you would want to name and shame these people, but I think it will cause more problems on the site then whats needed and there be bans kicked all over the place without any of it resolving the original issue that occurred it all in the first place. For boosting for a while now you can kinda tell who is gunna up & leave once they got thier trophy and who will stay to carry on helping others get yours. It usually the boosters who try rush things or jump ahead when it aint their go, that are the ones to ditch you all.

"We begin dying from the moment we are born. There is no escaping this truth!"
Old 03-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission   Jack of All Trades   1,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

I was also scammed while Boosting, since then I only trust users with more than 100 posts.

If I get a request while playing, I will come back and try to find his profile to check his post.

Also, someone who start by saying ''Can I start first? I was scammed'' is mostly a scammer wanting to get a head start and leave as soon as he is done.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze

You could just get them to boost for you first.
Old 03-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Silver Road Map Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfalc0n View Post
This has happend numerous times for me. You just need to move on and find another boosting partner. No point winging, it won't make the trophy any easier to boost. It's life and we have to move on about it.
Ditto, I've been scammed so many times it's not funny but that's life unfortunately, all you can do is pat yourself down and move on.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then read these Road Map, Trophy Guide and Guide Supplement before you start and use the Guide Template Generator. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Awards Showcase THL Season 1 Champions - Rogue Warriors   Maximum Clubs Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungalist View Post
It something you gotta hate but also deal with it when it happens. I mean I dont mind helping people also, but it's gotta be two ways otherwise I'll soon lose interest in helping you.

I can see why you would want to name and shame these people, but I think it will cause more problems on the site then whats needed and there be bans kicked all over the place without any of it resolving the original issue that occurred it all in the first place. For boosting for a while now you can kinda tell who is gunna up & leave once they got thier trophy and who will stay to carry on helping others get yours. It usually the boosters who try rush things or jump ahead when it aint their go, that are the ones to ditch you all.
Agreed with everything you said on this post. Anyone is capable of screwing a person out of boosting regardless of post count/trophy level. It sucks when you get screwed but you have to learn to move on from it.

Recently, I got screwed out of Army of Two: 40th Day boosting in Extraction Mode when the host just started the game without waiting for me to join in the lobby. I requested the group to restart the game but they declined. Even though we completed Extraction Mode, I did not get the trophy as I technically did not complete the mode from start to finish.

It sucked but I decided to move on, find another boost partner & a random to get the trophy for that mode.

That is why I rarely play online games that require boosting unless the boosting is just between you and the other person & I have full control over it. If they don't want to do things my way, then I'll just find another person to boost with.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

What I do is if I get scammed, I will go to my alt. send him a message saying I saw his post for boosting help.

Try to convince I start first and then do it back to him.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBalrog View Post
What I do is if I get scammed, I will go to my alt. send him a message saying I saw his post for boosting help.

Thats a good way to get that person back but.

My advice is if you set up a boosting session go first declare on the boosting session that'll you'll be going first. Keep those you've boosted with before on your friends list who you trust.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 AM   #18 (permalink)

Awards Showcase Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Awesome Mystery Award   Word of Mouth - Gold   Member of the Month Winner   Silver Submission   Community Gaming Event Silver   Maximum Clubs Top 5   10,000 Posts   Bright Idea!   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

OK, good advice all. It is a shame when this happens TC but it's quite a rare occurrence. I hope you understand our reasons for not being able to moderate or take action for anything that happens on PSN. I hope you find a better boosting partner(s) next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBalrog View Post

Yeah, don't do that either

Last edited by funkyweed; 03-26-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Closed Thread