Ignore any reviews - Pretty good

So I was surfing around, looking for some information on this game and everywhere I went the scores were from a 1/10 to a 4/10, now this, whilst it's not a mind-blowingly spectacular game... It is a pretty decent game, let me try and explain a little more.

First up we have the story/cutscenes etc. Now while a lot of the in-game dialogue during the gameplay is taken from shows that already aired, I'm pretty sure (since I'm a big fan of the show) that all the main plot scenes are 100% UNIQUE, and that almost makes the game a nice episode as well, with some great new scenes that got me giggling.

Next we have the actual core gameplay itself, yeah it's an "average" third person shooter, but since when does that mean BAD, there are LOADS of average TPS games with high review scores. The thing is whilst this game does nothing bad in terms of gameplay it doesn't offer anything new and really good, so really, it's not bad.

Content, the story mode (while fairly short) adds a nice variety with some decent bosses and as previously mentioned a nice story that works out like a good little playable episode. Then we have multiplayer which whilst it's not online :(... It's still pretty damn great, especially the Multiverse Madness mode which can be as addictive to play as when some people play Call of Duty Zombies.

I would not have recommended this game at launch due to price, but on online retailers this game goes between £10-£20 which is DEFINITELY worth the purchase, especially if you have friends or family to play split-screen with, the multiplayer almost reminds me of playing Goldeneye.

If I were some kind of reviewer (far too lazy for that) I'd probably end up concluding a review with a 6/10 (for regular gamers) and an 8/10 for sure (for any Family Guy fans).

Edited by TheHRessurection

i got the game for 30 euros and i never regretted my purchase for me the game is 8/10 and that's because its a bit sort the game play is really good and polished the levels are fun much like the story and you will enjoy it even more if you are a fun of the show.

Trophy wise the game is really easy and does something that i love it does not force you to play online and farm for trophies it has some multiplayer trophies but most of theme are for local co-op and you can get em fast play this game even if you are not a fun of the show you will love it!

The only reason not to like this game is if you hate talking dogs and baby's ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was expecting this to be a pile of crap. The review scores weren't too far from The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, which I just got through with playing before getting to this. And I can't say I felt the reviews for that game were too harsh, but this game on the other hand I honestly enjoyed quite a bit. Yeah, it sort of looked like I was playing a PS2 game, and the gameplay was fairly generic, but there was great variety in the levels and the enemies changed up often. More importantly, it had that Family Guy humor I really enjoy. Though many lines were just re-used stuff from the show, I had fun listening to the dialogue and everything.

Maybe it's not technically a "great" game by any stretch, but with the fact that I enjoyed it as much as I did, I'd give it a 7/10.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah, it sort of looked like I was playing a PS2 game, and the gameplay was fairly generic, but there was great variety in the levels and the enemies changed up often. More importantly, it had that Family Guy humor I really enjoy. Though many lines were just re-used stuff from the show, I had fun listening to the dialogue and everything.

Maybe it's not technically a "great" game by any stretch, but with the fact that I enjoyed it as much as I did, I'd give it a 7/10.

You pretty much said every word that I thought. The first thing I thought when I was playing the game was PS2 graphics. It's by no mean a bad game for Family Guy fans, the dialogue during the cut-scenes is spot on, the story fits well. And I didn't see any nothing wrong with Stewie and Brian spouting there golden one-liners during gameplay from the series. Yeah if I paid 40-60 at release I would've been felt overcharged, but only paid 20 € and I don't regret spending a penny of it. I'll give it a 7.5/10 as a big Stewie and Brian fan.