Multi-verse Madness Solo Guide, easier & shorter

Alright, so I know there is a guide up already with a strategy on Evil City Hall, and a post where a person shows a video with a similar guide to this one. But I figured I would share my run as it was significantly shorter and seemingly easier than any of the other runs I've heard of/seen.

Before I start, thanks to MeonOne from Xbox360a for the basic strategy, but this is modified a tad bit and expanded.

Level

Space Station

Character

Quagmire

Estimated Time

75-80 Minutes

When you start the level, you will begin with an assault rifle. In the general area, you should see a health pack. This respawns so note this spot. After, look ahead and you will see a store portal. Around that corner will be a door, followed by a set of stairs and another door. Next to the portal are 3 ammo crates, and just past the second door is a Joe Swanson item. You will spend 95% of the time in this area assuming that you don't need to run away, so get familiar.

Basic Strategy

As mentioned in other guides, you will be standing in one of two spots and firing off countless rounds of acid. The damage of the acid bolts themselves is relatively powerful, it burns on the ground, and has a large clip with quick reload time.

First 2 Waves (or until $2000)

Stand at the top of stairs and quick shot (aim, fire, release aim, repeat) each guy that comes up the stairs. These two waves are mostly crap guys and they get no bonuses. If you'd like, you can run around and just kill people as you'd like for these waves, but this is at your own risk. After you have 2k (preferably on the break between waves 2-3) buy the Acid Sprayer gun. From this point on you will be able to complete the last 28 waves. Try not to buy any other gun (making it easier to switch between guns in emergency cases), you can if you'd like just in case, but you won't need them.

Rest of the game

After you buy the Acid Sprayer, stand in one of two places and fire away (listed below). The horde will bunch of near the bottom, and often times get caught in the corners of the stairs. The melee Bertram and the suicide elfs are really the only two guys that will cause you any problems. if you see either of these aim straight for them (obviously be smart about it, but they are your main priority). If you run into trouble, turn around, run down the hall and jump over the glass. At this point, Jesus takes the wheel and it is up to you on how to survive the rest of the wave. Towards the end of the waves guys may stop attempting to run up the stairs. If no one does for 10-15 seconds, run down the stairs with your AR and go nuts. This usually means only 3-6 guys are left. Sorority girls tend to bunch up and get stuck in the far corner. When you get down the stairs and turn they will be obvious. Finish these guys with range and move back up to the correct area. If you need health, there is a crate that has a small health pack in it down the stairs and a little to the left (you may want to explore the map a tad bit during the first few intermissions)

Spot 1 (Risker, but faster)

Stand at the top of the set of stairs and fire down into the fray. This will allow you to get a better angle and actually see the guys you are firing at. This makes the rounds go by quicker, HOWEVER, guys are able to get a clear shot on you, and often times if you aren't smart about it, it could result in a serious drop in health, an emergency escape, or possibly death. Use this for the first few waves, but be caution as the game rolls on.

Spot 2 (Safer, but slower)

Stand against the wall of the top door. when the door opens fire blindly into the stairwell. You will still kill guys relatively quickly, but its all dependent on how fast they get up the stairs. This is safer because you will have a clear shot at anyone who will shoot at you and be able to peg them off long before they hit you. Do be caution of melee Bertram and suicide elfs, they may force you to run, so stay light on your feet.

That's basically all to it. Just play smart, keep moving, and make sure you don't hit yourself with to much acid (it eats health nice and quick). I did it on my first try on this map period. I tried the shotgun strategy on Quahog (another strategy I've seen), and died on wave 8. So I would say this one works 10x better.

Here were my stats

Total Time: 73:37

Total Kills: 1653

Time on last round (likely close to average): 2:49

Total emergency escapes: 1

Edited by Nameless600

• 2 weeks later...

I can vouch for this strat.

Just did it in 88 min. Just keep in mind that the "secondary weapons" like Joe Swanson or Chicken are random. I got unlucky and had ipecac and the blow up doll as before (I died once) I had the turret, chicken and Joe Swanson which made it fairly easier. (I died due to a amish guy running up in wave 28 and the acid killed me, beware of this)

• 1 month later...

Just did this on first try, its too easy. I just bought acid sprayer and mines after round 2. Then each round set up crap loads of mines to kill early foes and sprayed the rest with acid while staying at top of stairs. If I needed to reload just backed up so door would close hence blocking projectiles and ammo was right behind me. Took 93 minutes which isn't bad considering other methods take longer. Thanks for this method OP

• 2 weeks later...

Great strategy. I had heard this was a tough trophy, but I was able to get it on my first try with this. I took very little damage throughout all 30 waves. I think I used health packs two or three times total.

Now I just need the challenge stars and a couple store items and I'll have the platinum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is a video at youtube showing this strategy; just do a search. His method described here is pretty much that video at youtube. Someone should get permission from the original person and just link it to the guide.

• 4 weeks later...

This strategy worked perfectly. Passed Wave 30 on my first try and got my (P).

There is a video at youtube showing this strategy; just do a search. His method described here is pretty much that video at youtube. Someone should get permission from the original person and just link it to the guide.

Here's the video Emporia mentioned in case anyone else needs additional assistance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRu7MXGOR_A]Family Guy Back to the Multiverse - Cartoon Apocalypse Guide[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just tried this trophy co-op...we made it to wave 30 but both died basically at the start..NOW I am relieved to have found this method which I will try tomorrow as it took over 3 hours the other method which was mentioned in the guide...We hardly messed about so solo is clearly the way to go! thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Excellent, it was very easy this way. Though I managed to almost fuck up at the very end. I don't know if that was just me or if there were just more enemies squeezing through the door and getting past the acid than usual, which was very very few to begin with. Took me nearly 90 minutes since I played it safe by usually hanging back against the wall. Plus I wasted time setting mines between most rounds.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...