XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #1
ivc392

Exclamation Raul Tejada Companion Bug.

Im on my second play-through of the dam game. On the my first run I manage to complete every companion related quest, except for Raul`s. Every time I try to complete the dam quest... let`s just say Raul doesn`t react as expected.
He responds to Corporal Sterling and Loyal`s dialog but when it`s Ranger Andy turn, he simply stands quiet.

On my second run, the same... I paid full launch-day-retail price i fucking deserve that fucking quest. Fuck Obsidian, fuck you indeed. Fuck

...I know this is a common bug, but i was hoping someone could help me or something
ivc392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #2
Moving On

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

I don't know if it's a common bug (I didn't encounter it), but it is documented on the Fallout Wikia and unfortunately, there's no solution for it when you're playing on a console. With a game as big and complicated as Fallout: New Vegas, bugs like these happen. No need to drop that many F-bombs, though.
Moving On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
Pabs_85

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   Bronze Submission   2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

This happened to me... eventually worked.

"Let my earth shattering super ninjutsu burn into your retinas!!" - Naruto Shippuden
Pabs_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
Moving On

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabs_85 View Post
This happened to me... eventually worked.
Do you remember what you did to make it work? Might help out the OP!

Or was it just, as so many things in the Fallout games, random luck?
Moving On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
flipster53

I read about something like this and a fix for it on the Fallout Wiki. Try Raul's page:

Raul Tejada - The Vault, the Fallout wiki - Fallout: New Vegas and more

Platinums: Assassin's Creed II ~ Call of Duty: Black Ops ~ Call of Duty: World at War ~ Fallout 3 ~ God of War ~ Heavy Rain ~ L.A. Noire ~ LittleBigPlanet ~ Modern Warfare 2

Currently Playing: Dead Island
flipster53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
Snakemaru

I am having the same issue as well but in my case, I can't find Loyal.
He used to be at the Nellis Air Base, but after I finished Volare! and decided to get Raul's "Full Maintenance" perk, that old geezer is nowhere to be found.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:25 PM   #7
Terminator
Guide Team Lead

Awards Showcase Terminator's ''Journey to Salvation''   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Go to one of the Companion dismissal terminals (outside the Gun Runners' shop and in the Lucky 8), dismiss all your companions then go to where he's supposed to be and re-hire him .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:16 PM   #8
happypirate97

loyal sometimes wanders up black mountain for no reason, i found him stuck on the side once.

Last Platinum: Dungeon Defenders
I still haven't made up my mind...about my brain
happypirate97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
Snakemaru

I have tried going around Black Mountain and so far haven't got any luck finding him there.
Old 03-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #10
Terminator
Guide Team Lead

Awards Showcase Terminator's ''Journey to Salvation''   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Like I said earlier, try using the Dismissal terminals and returning to their default waiting spot to re-recruit them .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bug, fallout, quest, raul, vegas