XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 10-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
nerull1252

Default hardcore mode reward?

ok so ive been looking online about my "special reward" for beating fallout new vegas on hardcore mode. and alot of people are just saying the reward is just the trophy/achievment which i believe can't be true for a few reasons. the main one being that the screen still says something about a special reward for the pc version, another being that it says you get a reward, i could see it being just the trophy/achievment if it was a hidden one but its out in the open. i'll probably get it this saturday but i kinda wanna know now so if anyone knows for sure what it is it shall be greatly apreciated. also what do you think it might be, i've heard talk of avatars but i doubt it due to it being on 360 and pc so im almost certain its an in game reward such as new game + or maybe new weapons armor, or even new traits which would be really cool.
nerull1252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #2
nerull1252

Default hardcore expierances

so how are every ones experiences with hardcore. i'm enjoying the twist on the game it makes it way more fun, and challenging fallout 3 was way too easy. i used to jump headfirst into large groups of super mutants with my flaming sword and wasting them all. with the healing overtime and limbs being crippled till you get to a doctor or use a doctors bag definately ups the ante, i died in the first 30 secs in the first face of with the powder gangers. so if i have any tips it's take your time. cover is way more important in hardcore mode. as well as having a safe place to retreat in a fire fight to heal, and try to use distance as an advantage, when trying to find the a new sheriff for primm i manged to take out a good deal of them out couching at the top of the mountains using the varment rifle. they had no idea what was going on
Old 10-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
Skellyhell

I thought FO3 on PC had achievements still...
Skellyhell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #4
nerull1252

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellyhell View Post
I thought FO3 on PC had achievements still...
huh i didnt know that, im not a big pc gamer though, makes sense i guess,
Old 10-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
nerull1252

if it is just the trophy i will be mildly upset only because that means it was just a trick to get you to play hardcore mode which would be totally messed up. i was excited since i heard about hardcore mode a few months ago.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:23 PM   #6
iron_granny69

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Devs have always done this "trick" to get you to play hard mode or online. They'll keep doing it to, so get used to it, it's nothing new and will never go away
Old 10-22-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Kasanova

Is hardcore mode really hard or is it not that bad?
Kasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #8
frankthetoad

It's not hard at all. To be clear, hardcore mode is not a difficulty setting. Take a look at the roadmap to see a description of what changes in hardcore. Basically it's just a more immersive experience. You're required to eat, drink, and sleep every day or suffer the consequences of dehyrdration, starvation, and lack of rest. Ammo has weight and other changes.

You can play with the difficulty on Very Easy yet have hardcore mode enabled. I enabled it and am playing on Normal and love it. It just adds to the overall experience....and makes mole rat meat and dirty water actually mean something.

frankthetoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #9
Lord Maim

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth - Bronze   Silver Road Map Submitter   Silver Trophy Guide Submitter   1,000 Posts   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasanova View Post
Is hardcore mode really hard or is it not that bad?
The biggest impact that Hardcore will have on your gameplay will be the fact that healing occurs over time rather than instantaneously. This can make even a low level fight something you'll consider carefully before engaging in. Especially considering that companion death is permanent in Hardcore. Food and water are not that hard to find, and the Survival skill becomes very useful in that respect. Otherwise, its Fallout as usual.

Lord Maim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:50 PM   #10
Bishop084

Send a message via AIM to Bishop084

Hardcore Mode is its own reward. More games need something like this.

My Platinum Trophy Case
Bishop084 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fallout new vegas, hardcore mode, reward