hardcore mode reward?

nerull1252

ok so ive been looking online about my "special reward" for beating fallout new vegas on hardcore mode. and alot of people are just saying the reward is just the trophy/achievment which i believe can't be true for a few reasons. the main one being that the screen still says something about a special reward for the pc version, another being that it says you get a reward, i could see it being just the trophy/achievment if it was a hidden one but its out in the open. i'll probably get it this saturday but i kinda wanna know now so if anyone knows for sure what it is it shall be greatly apreciated. also what do you think it might be, i've heard talk of avatars but i doubt it due to it being on 360 and pc so im almost certain its an in game reward such as new game + or maybe new weapons armor, or even new traits which would be really cool.

so how are every ones experiences with hardcore. i'm enjoying the twist on the game it makes it way more fun, and challenging fallout 3 was way too easy. i used to jump headfirst into large groups of super mutants with my flaming sword and wasting them all. with the healing overtime and limbs being crippled till you get to a doctor or use a doctors bag definately ups the ante, i died in the first 30 secs in the first face of with the powder gangers. so if i have any tips it's take your time. cover is way more important in hardcore mode. as well as having a safe place to retreat in a fire fight to heal, and try to use distance as an advantage, when trying to find the a new sheriff for primm i manged to take out a good deal of them out couching at the top of the mountains using the varment rifle. they had no idea what was going on

It's not hard at all. To be clear, hardcore mode is not a difficulty setting. Take a look at the roadmap to see a description of what changes in hardcore. Basically it's just a more immersive experience. You're required to eat, drink, and sleep every day or suffer the consequences of dehyrdration, starvation, and lack of rest. Ammo has weight and other changes.

You can play with the difficulty on Very Easy yet have hardcore mode enabled. I enabled it and am playing on Normal and love it. It just adds to the overall experience....and makes mole rat meat and dirty water actually mean something.

Is hardcore mode really hard or is it not that bad?

The biggest impact that Hardcore will have on your gameplay will be the fact that healing occurs over time rather than instantaneously. This can make even a low level fight something you'll consider carefully before engaging in. Especially considering that companion death is permanent in Hardcore. Food and water are not that hard to find, and the Survival skill becomes very useful in that respect. Otherwise, its Fallout as usual.

i will agree it is its own reward and definately more games need this kind of mode (maybe the next elder scrolls) and i was gunna play in hardcore from the get go so the reward wasn't that important but dont tell me i get somethin and that somethin is a feelin of satisfaction for doin somethin challenging

I think(I gotta check that in my guide when I get home) that it's just the satisfaction and the trophy, just like 60% of the games which give you the very hard difficulty(I know hardcore is apart from the difficulty thou) just for the satisfaction and without rewards apart from the trophy. :)

Edited by NekroWolfen