Rate the trophy difficulty...  

497 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_5.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.05

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, don't sweat it. The numbers will average out in the long run. Doesn't matter if there are 1's and/or 10s. In a few weeks, the real votes will start coming in and there will be an appropriate average.

There's more of a case for that in games like this that's going to have plenty of votes, but that's not always the case for less popular games where there's not going to be 100's of votes.

Hmmhmh, how about a poll coming out 1 week before the game releases, some kind of 'Predict the difficulty' thread, and then, a bit later, throw out the actual rating thread.

@Game: i fear hardcore could be... hard. but other than that, it looks like a solid 5, will get the game at friday, since it isnt out here in europe yet.

Hmmhmh, how about a poll coming out 1 week before the game releases, some kind of 'Predict the difficulty' thread, and then, a bit later, throw out the actual rating thread.

@Game: i fear hardcore could be... hard. but other than that, it looks like a solid 5, will get the game at friday, since it isnt out here in europe yet.

According to reviews, hardcore does change the gameplay quite a bit and you can always change it to normal if you can't handle it. I agree on difficulty polls being public, most users comment on what difficulty they awarded anyway.

Agreed. You should ONLY be allowed to vote if you have the plat, and you should have to prove it first. And the voting should be public. That would stop the tossers rating a game as 5 before it's even released...

This is a great idea but that would be a lot of work to have a "prove it" system as someone would have to go around checking plats to open access. I am sure the mods wouldn't want that huge headache. I personally don't think we should encourage people to vote when they have only played most of the game. It should read to vote ONLY if you have a platinum. I don't see why the voting shouldn't be public though. If someone is rediculous in their votes on every game then Mods could even perhaps seek them out and ban them. I mean if a guy votes on everything in here as a 10 and he has very few games on his PSN ID I would think that would be an obvious problem child deserving of a boot.

Why not just wait two weeks or so and then post a poll?

i agree there should be a time limit of some sort before the platinum difficulty thread is posted.Theres no way in hell anyone has the platinum yet it just came out last night.if your posting a plat difficulty rating now your just trying to BOOST your posts on this website to increase your member status.seriously lame.

Edited by GAMER4U2H8

i agree there should be a time limit of some sort before the platinum difficulty thread is posted.Theres no way in hell anyone has the platinum yet it just came out last night.if your posting a plat difficulty rating now your just trying to BOOST your posts on this website to increase your member status.seriously lame.

A vote doesn't count for boosting your posts and I seriously doubt that is the reason. You guys realize that some people do get the games early and it is possible on some games to platinum them in a few days. Maybe not this one. I used to know a manager at a local game store and I had ghostbusters like 3 days before it was released. I was afraid to play it online for fear of getting caught or something but I could see someone possibly doing it. Also if you waited two weeks until after it has come out you might have some platinum it and move on to another game without rating it due to having already moved on. I don't know...I do believe it will balance out after awhile though.

I wouldn't dare vote on this without the plat in hand, but after a solid six hours on Hardcore mode, I really don't see anything on this list that's overtly difficult. Time consuming, for sure. Hard, no. The good news is that you don't have karma trophies to worry about this time. The bad news is you'll have to spend a goodly amount of time on different styles of attack (small guns, melee, unarmed, etc.) instead of leaning on your favorite weapon all game. The only trophy I see with potential to trip people up is winning 30 Caravan games, because it actually requires you to learn how to play it. None of these are dependent on difficulty. You could set it to Very Easy and cruise through the whole thing if you so desired.

I wouldn't dare vote on this without the plat in hand, but after a solid six hours on Hardcore mode......

This early in the release it's these types of reviews that I like to see on the difficulty thread - INFORMATIVE.

As for the suggestionS of a two week voting wait - EXCELLENT IDEAs

:applause:

The 'proving' suggestions are also nice, but not as feasible.

I assume it will be like Fallout 3. a lil time consuming but fun as hell. I didnt mind playing hours on end for the last one. Im sure this will be even better. Im gonna blindly say it'll be a 3 or 4 in difficulty.

No. WTF is up with these kind of posts?

RATE WHEN YOU KNOW IT FOR SURE! WHEN YOU'VE PLATINUMED IT!

read the dang OP -.-

This thread reminds me of Lego Rock Band... everyone said "must be a 2 or 3 based on the trophies", but the game has one of the lowest platinum rates.

Gamers should invest time in the game first, then rate. If they do get the platinum, then rate fairly and honestly. If they can't get the platinum after trying very hard, it must be a 10 from their point of view.