• 16-20 Hours
    • 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

Estimated Time to Plat/100% Length: 51-75 Hours

• Visit the Platinum Club for this game.
  • Visit the Collected Estimated Time Ratings thread.

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the Plat or 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the Plat or 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.
Edited by Viper

I'd say it's probably a bit over the amount of time needed for Fallout 3's (P), since some trophies require to take different paths at certain moments of the game. There's also the trophies related to causing or healing damage in specific ways, some of which you might have to farm if they don't fit your usual style. About 70 hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Voted the same like Fallout 3 (51 - 75 hours), but with Vegas, it might be a little easier considering that the only diverging trophies in the game are the faction ones that split off near the end of the story and you don't need to reach max level for different types of karma anymore. That being said, it's still a very long game and playing again on Hardcore might be difficult for some people, but it's not that much of a stretch.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

51-75 hrs including DLC's

I spent about 3 hrs on each DLC (12hrs), probably around 60 hrs for the main game if you save at the right time. Add some time for restarts and reloads because of freezing issues.

If you do not want to grind out the miscellaneous trophies, it is best to be mindful of them for the entire game to cut down on time as in:

- start with one type of weapon until the trophy pops, then move to the next type, then the next, etc.

- Focus healing yourself with food versus stimpacks, then move onto the stimpacks

- Hack any and all computers

- Lockpick any and all doors

Enjoyable game but glad I am almost at 100% as the restarts required are getting to me.

It only took me about 55 hours to beat the base game and unlock the (P) trophy with the help of the correct time to save and various exploits that can be used to gain some of the grinding trophies easily such as:

- Heal 10000 points of health with food.

- Heal 10000 points of health with stimpacks.

Haven't played the DLC on PS3, just on other platforms but it took me about 11-13 hours for all the DLC trophies. Getting the platinum was such a grind.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...

Difficulty 3

Estimated time 50-60h for platinum, 80h for 100%

Finally played this great but technically problematic game. I have to say framerate and freezing was not a big issue for me. I followed the PSNP guide so knew what to do and thus my savegame was not very big (under 10 mb all the time). When stuttering was getting to hard, I quit to the PS3 xmb menu, restart the game in cache clear mode (keeping L2,R2+Square pressed after you klick away the save info with X, then keep the L2,R2 Square pressed until you are in the FNV Main menu).

I did two Runs following the PSNP guide. 

The second run on Hardcore following the awesome (!) guide on GameFAQs (Hardcore achievement in less than 2h, see Spoiler below).

2 Tipps for the DLCs (work on GRA asap!)

- GRA: You can kill the cazadores with plasma grenades, and switch to Dynamite so you hold Dynamit in your hand when the kill happens, this counts (get plasma grenades from van Graff guys silently in a stealth boy, then go to Silverpeakmine, check the comment under the cazador video in the spoiler below

- Dead Money DLC1: You can escape with ALL goldbars at the end, getting you 600 000 bottle caps, so basically infinite money for the main game and other DLCs (check vid in the spoiler below)

Spoiler

HARDCORE RUN:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/959557-fallout-new-vegas/57236095

GOLD BARS:

CAZADORE Plasma / Dynamite (comment under video):

If you have questions, feel free to write me a message on PSN.

servus

Edited by servus99