Not even 8 hours in.

And the games framerate is going to hell. I can't even complete come fly with us because it's locking up so hard in the basement. Jesus.

I haven't played in 3 years and while I do remember the issues being really severe, I didn't experience this type of crap until I was lv20's.

I really want the 100% but I can't even load up my old saves because they lock up immediately as I did 4/5 dlc's on one of them and the other I have no reason why its broken. Big sigh.

The trophy hunter in me is going to painstakingly keep trying but I'm not even anywhere close to any of those GRA trophies because I had to start a fresh save.

I know most of the tricks, like reinstalling game / patch data. Would deleting the old dlc'S maybe help the game run smoother? I don't plan to play them again.

Mine does this at least twice a day, usually right when I open a door to a building. I just turn the game off and get back on, and it's all fixed for a few more hours.

I never even freeze, it's just the random framerate drop. I believe it has to do with the game not being able to load the area, and with me it usually happens when there are enemies right at the door I'm entering, so loading a enemy probably has to do it with it too.

My saves are all fine, and my framerate problem has never actually been tied in the save. So there is a possibly, your game may be fucked and you'll have to restart...

Thanks for the reply. It honestly does seem like my old saves are screwed. If I could get a video up of it I would. It's frustrating because I put in the work and built that file to greatness on very hard. For the game to give me the middle finger after I just spent *more* money on it to get another chance at enjoying it is pretty heartbreaking.

I tried a new tip I found--which was turning off the PS3's wireless card. Surprisingly it fixed the issue in my new save but not the old ones from 2011. I hope Fallout 4 doesn't have any issues on PS4.

Despite the flaws it remained a great game, even now. Really fun, when it's working.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When I got the platinum, I didn't see any problems. Some minor bugs where I got stuck to stupid things/people's heads started to spin but nothing big. Not even single framerate drop. Feels weird because my brother can't play it because it glitches so hard.

Now Fallout 3 is completely different story. Huge framerate drops every time I fired my gun.

When I got the platinum, I didn't see any problems. Some minor bugs where I got stuck to stupid things/people's heads started to spin but nothing big. Not even single framerate drop. Feels weird because my brother can't play it because it glitches so hard.

Now Fallout 3 is completely different story. Huge framerate drops every time I fired my gun.

I was completely the opposite, FO3 gave me very little trouble but I couldn't go more than 30-45mins some days in New Vegas without it hard freezing or glitching in some way.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

I was completely the opposite, FO3 gave me very little trouble but I couldn't go more than 30-45mins some days in New Vegas without it hard freezing or glitching in some way

Lol it was exactly like that on Fallout 3. When I fired my gun/entered V.A.T.S. the frame rate dropped so much that the game freezed for 5-10 seconds and after 20-40 minutes of gaming it completely freezed. It took me over 3 years to get the platinum because it was so glitchy game. :D

• 3 months later...

I had to make 4 saves for the main game trophies and new saves for each dlc or it would keep crashing, every item in the game you take, drop and move is saved I think that is why it clogs up the games.

I have the Ultimate Edition also on PC which runs fine, no lag/frame rate issues, maby once every 5 or 6 hours it will freeze though.

I don't have the best PC but it still plays smoothly with all settings maxed out.

If you really want to enjoy the game play the PC version after you have completed the PS3 version for trophies.

• 2 months later...
I was completely the opposite, FO3 gave me very little trouble but I couldn't go more than 30-45mins some days in New Vegas without it hard freezing or glitching in some way.

This:

This game almost killed my PS3 from all the freezes I got.

At least I got a lot of exercise from getting up so much to hard boot my system.

I am so shocked it did not kill my PS3. It was just non stop.

• 2 weeks later...

I am almost at 100% for this game and it only froze a total of 3 times.

My main problem was the framerate drop. As soon as that happened, I was able to save the game, quit, and restart + cache clear. That probably happened around 20 times.

I think it became slightly better when I turned off the feature for auto save when travelling, sleeping, resting, etc. Just need to be mindful to manually save often.

Many 'problematic' places had their minor frame drop, but usually cleared up.

Mostly focused on story missions and trophies and did not do a lot of mindless exploration/side missions. Only need a couple of miscellaneous trophies for the plat and my Save is around 9300 MB.

Its a shame though, if it weren't for these issues, I would have liked to play this game some more such as the tons of additional side quests and challenges. But I kept this to the minimum.