Caps boost?

ManWithFireOnFace

It might be a little late, but there is one that continually works for me, even at the start of the game.

It requires buying something from a vendor that they have two of, any sort of weapon or armor. Then buy the item and sell it back. At first, you'll probably get less caps but keep buying and reselling and eventually you'll get the item at perfect condition and you can sell it back at an enormous profit. You can do this method with generally any vendor and bleed them dry over and over. As far as I can tell, this is the best glitch in the game and has always worked; and I don't think it has been patched, since this method was also in Fallout 3.

It might be a little late, but there is one that continually works for me, even at the start of the game.

It requires buying something from a vendor that they have two of, any sort of weapon or armor. Then buy the item and sell it back. At first, you'll probably get less caps but keep buying and reselling and eventually you'll get the item at perfect condition and you can sell it back at an enormous profit. You can do this method with generally any vendor and bleed them dry over and over. As far as I can tell, this is the best glitch in the game and has always worked; and I don't think it has been patched, since this method was also in Fallout 3.

Thanks, i'll give it a try.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

If you use this: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/fallout-new-vegas/257867-easy-playthrough-hardcore.html then you won't have to worry about money but if you do it the hard way, then money will be a constant problem. Admittedly though, I was hard up most of the time even on my non-hardcore playthrough :(.

• 4 weeks later...

To get quick caps I trade NCR Money (found some on Legionnaires) for chips then play Blackjack in the Atomic Wrangler. I play until I reach a certain goal then I save. If I drop to far I just reload my save. There is a wait time to avoid abusing this method but if I double down at the right time I get lots of chips. Then just sell your chips for lots of caps.