Huge Lagging Issue

happypirate97

Hey Guys,

i noticed some people complaining about the lagging in Lonesome Road. I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same thing after downloading the GRA?

sinc ei installed it the game lags and won't catch up even after re-loads. this problem was essentially non-existent after one of the patches but now i can't play for more than ten minutes. anyone else having this issue?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I've finished Lonesome Road my save is just over 13mb and the lag is terrible at times, even clearing the cache hasn't really helped :(. If things get too bad then I'll just to what Anomanderuselnu did and start over. The lag so far has been as bad as Point Lookout was in FO3.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

Whilst I was doing the Abomination Melee kill Challenge, this crashed on me 4 times in 15mins! The lag and frame-rate problems kicked in almost as soon as I reloaded after installing it. I've still got the 3* and the 2 10,000 point trophies to do. I'm thinking of loading an early, Lv 30 pre-DLC save I've got to get the 10,000 point trophies as it's just shy of 10mb so the frame-rate shouldn't be so bad.

I don't know what happened, but I'm getting an issue where whenever I try to switch weapons my game freezes, without fail. I'm going to try to figure it out, but it's already been 5 times now. :mad:

EDIT: I fixed it. Transferred all my hot-keyed weapons to ED-E then took them back, worked. :)

Edited by darklingpersona

I don't know what happened, but I'm getting an issue where whenever I try to switch weapons my game freezes, without fail. I'm going to try to figure it out, but it's already been 5 times now. :mad:

EDIT: I fixed it. Transferred all my hot-keyed weapons to ED-E then took them back, worked. :)

Ahh, you gotta love this little guy :cool:

I'm not sure why they never fixed that...I haven't used hotkeys for the longest time but I hate going back to the pip-boy every time I need to heal (slightly better with auto-stimpaks).

Ya, it was the first time I ever experienced that. I actually thought for a moment I wouldn't be able to play using the hotkeys anymore.

So it was as I feared: I spend six hours today doing the Gunrunners' challenges... and I only got to the one star and two star challenges. The game crashed about nine times and started lagging so badly I had to restart another four times. It's insane. I have to make a new save every time I enter a new area, just so I won't lose gameplay.

I hope to wrap up the three star challenges tomorrow and then uninstall this crappily designed game and never ever play it again. Don't get me wrong, the game itself is amazing, but the buggy Fallout 3 engine is should never have been used for another Fallout. Once your save file goes over 10MB, you're in for hell.

So it was as I feared: I spend six hours today doing the Gunrunners' challenges... and I only got to the one star and two star challenges. The game crashed about nine times and started lagging so badly I had to restart another four times. It's insane. I have to make a new save every time I enter a new area, just so I won't lose gameplay.

I hope to wrap up the three star challenges tomorrow and then uninstall this crappily designed game and never ever play it again. Don't get me wrong, the game itself is amazing, but the buggy Fallout 3 engine is should never have been used for another Fallout. Once your save file goes over 10MB, you're in for hell.

welcome aboard. :whistle:

i on the other hand will wait until i have the desire to play it again to actually do those challenges.

I'm not sure why they never fixed that...I haven't used hotkeys for the longest time but I hate going back to the pip-boy every time I need to heal (slightly better with auto-stimpaks).

i'm no sure if this only happened with me but, sometimes when i switch weapons that are assigned as hot-key, the weapon i'm holding doesn't get changed but instead it reload the gun and remove all the ammo for it ( around 2000 ammo ) and whenever i check at the pip-boy it says i have the ammo but when i change back to the gun it says 0 again and doesn't let me reolad.

so i had to change via pip-boy most of the time.

Edited by White-Wolf

And I still haven't finished the DLC. Got all my challenges now, though. The three 3 Star Challenges took me almost three hours to complete, because of all the freezing and crashing the game did. Especially the robot Challenge, where you have to go outside, wait for 72 hours for a respawn and then go inside again... it would lock up every time I went outside or inside. So damn frustrating when you know you could do this challenge in 10 minutes if the game actually worked.

Now I have 3000 points of damage left to do with unique weapons and I'm finally done with this horrendously designed game engine. ;)

I had to travel all over the map to find Enough NCR Officers for the Bear Challenge as there are loads that don't count :mad:! For some reason several of the Kill challenges generate severe lag when you start killing the required targets.

Absolutely true.

And I actually needed to check the Fallout Wikia to find places where named NCR officers are. I had already cleared out all the NCR stations (two named officers per station) and the Mojave Outpost, but after that, I was afraid I only had the Embassy at the Strip left... and at that time, the counter was stuck at 12. Tried the Hoover Dam, but all I found were soldiers and engineers.

Of course, i forgot Camp McCarran, where at least three named officers are to be found (I stopped looking after getting kill number 15). Unfortunately, Camp McCarran is among the laggiest locations in the game for me, even before I finished the main quest months ago, so that required a reboot or three.