a fallout 3 goty question about the add-ons best order

utopian8

I'm playing this version, and wanted to known if there's a particular order to play the dlc, I noticed after "the escape" some missions appeared on my pipboy, right now I'm on tranquility lane.. but when I was looking around the wasteland I found an alien ship.. and I was.. (wait.. maybe this is a spoiler to some..) well... the game froze... /*spoiler starts*/ after the reload I was abducted.. /* spoiler ends */ then, afraid of making a bad move with the main story, I opted for reload the previous saved game and for now ignored the ship... but what happens if I found another of this places where the add-ons are accessed... is there a particular order that they should be played? or I should wait to end the main story path before playing them? :confused: I checked some walkthroughs and they don't mention any order, I just known one of them change the end..

i encountered sooo many problems with the DLC i would do it like this, do broken steel first as if you do (like me), all the other DLCs first and the savefile gets ridiculously big and freezing will be a big issue, complete broken steel then the other DLCs can be completed in a different save if the freezing becomes too much

I wouldn't say there is a specific order to play the DLC, Where a chronologic storyline is concerned, But each one is more diffcult than the other so I'd recommend this order:

Mothership Zeta - From this you can get powerful weapons and the enemies are not at all hard

Operation Anchorage - Not too hard to do and if you collect all the secret package things, You'll get a valuble perk that is quite useful

The Pitt - This is average difficulty depending on how you approach it, MAKE SURE, you collect all 100 ingots as you'll unlock valuble weapons which will help for nearer the end of the DLC

Broken Steel - This can prove difficult thanks to the fire soldiers so collect your weapons from previous DLC before attemping. (You'll also of started working towards the level 30 cap which will help)

Point Lookout - This is by far the hardest DLC. The enemies are extremely powerful, the supplies are low and the environment you have around you is just plain deadly. Level 30 strongly advised with loads of supplies and strong weapons.

Hope this has helped you on your quest to complete the Fallout 3: GOTY edition :D

I wouldn't say there is a specific order to play the DLC, Where a chronologic storyline is concerned, But each one is more diffcult than the other so I'd recommend this order:

Mothership Zeta - From this you can get powerful weapons and the enemies are not at all hard

Operation Anchorage - Not too hard to do and if you collect all the secret package things, You'll get a valuble perk that is quite useful

The Pitt - This is average difficulty depending on how you approach it, MAKE SURE, you collect all 100 ingots as you'll unlock valuble weapons which will help for nearer the end of the DLC

Broken Steel - This can prove difficult thanks to the fire soldiers so collect your weapons from previous DLC before attemping. (You'll also of started working towards the level 30 cap which will help)

Point Lookout - This is by far the hardest DLC. The enemies are extremely powerful, the supplies are low and the environment you have around you is just plain deadly. Level 30 strongly advised with loads of supplies and strong weapons.

Hope this has helped you on your quest to complete the Fallout 3: GOTY edition :D

Totally agree about doing Mothership Zeta first. The Alien Disentegrator is the best weapon in the game, so make sure you pick up around 10 for the rest of the DLCs. Unfortunately by the time I got to the 5th DLC, freezing became a huge issue so i really didnt bother going for the 100%.

I've been playing Fallout non-stop the last couple of weeks, and having only one lot of DLC left to go, this is my order.

1. Finish the main game and all associated quests plus get rid of any misc trophies now.

2. Broken Steel. Easiest by far and big XP for doing not much at all.

3. Op Anc. Very linear and nice stealth camo bonus.

4. Pt Lookout. Annoying and the worst to play fun wise. Bring guns and ammo, as you get nothing essentially until the end.

5. Mot Zeta. You have two choices. Bring guns to make it easy, or bring little so you can bring a lot of items back. I did the latter, and it took quite a while to get through struggling to kill the enemies with their own weapons. I'd say bring an assault rifle with a lot of ammo plus 100 plus stimpaks to get by. I did this second last mainly due to the 25 collectables.

6. Pitt. Leaving this for last based on having to find 100 items. Already at Level 30, so this should be no issue.

one more quick question boys.. I'm now at Picking Up the Trail mission.. it's a good idea find the dlc spots before I got to the last mission? or I should wait the main quest to end? I'm just curious.. you know.. I already know that with one of the add-ons is possible to level up to 30... and right now I'm at level 18..

Edited by utopian8
explain a little more why to ask...

When you have the GOTY Edition, you can level up to level 30.

That was added with the DLC Broken Steel.

No need to play that DLC to gain level 30, you just play as you wish.

And personally i did them in a different order every time i played.

The onyy things i always do the same is starting with 9 Agi/Int, grabbing the Boobleheads for those 2 at level 2, then picking up the Lincoln's Repeater.

From then on, its always different. :)