DLC installed but not working

Quorthon89

Hey, so i got this annoying problem:

When I complete the classic final Fallout 3 main Quest (Take it Back), the game just ends the normal way as if the addon is not installed.

That's weird because i already downloaded the DLC. I can even view at the trophies like "Reach Level 30 with good Karma" and so on.

So is this buggy? What can i do to activate Broken Steel?

Just wait until after the final montage.

You will get a "Two weeks later" screen and you will be able to continue the game.

Note, though, that even with Broken Steel installed, the game will still end if you do nothing when faced with your final decision. If this is the path you choose, you will have to restart an old save.

Just tried it again... not working...

I still die although i enter the correct code, get the credit (with the short "clip" about the deeds of my character) and end up back in the main menu.

Is it possible that the DLC was downloaded but not correctly installed? Weird thing i can see the trophies but the DLC won't start...

I begin to wonder if a reinstallation of the game would help, but would this also delete all my save datas or just the game?

:mad::mad:

Probably something with the DLC download. If it's listed in the downloads list on the main menu I would think it's good to go.

The trophy visibility is part of the game version update, you would see them even if you didn't have any of the DLC but had updated the game version; they are unrelated.

You don't need to start a new game, it will work with existing saves if you download the DLC after the fact.

You should be able to delete the game data that houses the hard drive install and DLC downloads (leave your save data alone, but copy it to a flash drive or something to be safe), then start the game, reinstall the new disc version. Then exit the game, redownload the DLC. Then when you go back into the game whatever you downloaded for DLC should be in the downloads list on the main menu.

Hm, that's weird. As pointed out above, sounds like your DLC isn't installed, then.

Deleting game data (but not the save games) should be worth a try.

Other than that, I can only hope the best for you... as I have been playing the GOTY edition and have no experience with how things are supposed to be working when you have downloaded the additional episodes.