XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 04-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #1
Kratostruth

Default GOTY or DLC?

I have been playing the original Fallout 3 now. But, its cheaper to get the GOTY then the actual dlc. I've heard that downloading is better because GOTY edition is extremely buggy. Which one is better?
Kratostruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:57 PM   #2
ShadowAFC
Super Moderator

Awards Showcase Shadow's ''Box of Variety''   Staff - Super Moderator   Guide Supplement Silver   Word of Mouth - Gold   Helping Hand   Bronzer Than Nothing   Member of the Month Winner   Jack of All Trades   15,000 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Bronze Road Map Submitter   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)

GOTY, buying it separately is a ripoff. Whether you download or buy it retail, you run the chance of a bug-filled experience. There isn't a vastly superior version on that front.
ShadowAFC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
Kratostruth

Thanks. Wasn't sure. I saw conflicting reports on other forums so I figured I would ask. I still think its stupid though that the dlc on PSN hasn't been discounted yet.
Kratostruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #4
Terminator
Guide Team Lead

Awards Showcase Terminator's ''Journey to Salvation''   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStrife View Post
GOTY, buying it separately is a ripoff. Whether you download or buy it retail, you run the chance of a bug-filled experience. There isn't a vastly superior version on that front.
This^

There is no difference between downloading everything separately and buying the GOTY. The GOTY is way cheaper and not as buggy as some have made it out to be but it varies from person to person.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to aka dave for the Minion avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 04-14-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Fixed typo.
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
Harry94_
Events Director

Awards Showcase THL Season 7 - Blackout   Staff - Events Director   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Guide Supplement Silver   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Bronzer Than Nothing   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades
Total Awards: 25 (more» ...)

The individual DLCs are about 10, right?

I bought my GOTY version for 11.99, so you can see how much price saving there is.
Harry94_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #6
Skullz_69

Awards Showcase Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowStrife View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
This^

There is no difference between downloading everything separately and buying the GOTY. The GOTY is way cheaper and not as buggy as some have made it out to be but it varies from person to person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry94 View Post
The individual DLCs are about 10, right?

I bought my GOTY version for 11.99, so you can see how much price saving there is.
^^ all of the above!

Each DLC add-on sells for about 10$

Broken Steel - 10$
The Pitt - 10$
Operation Anchorage - 10$
Mothership Zeta - 10$
Point Lookout - 10$
DLC total - 50$

Fallout 3 Game of the Year - 19,99$ NEW
Fallout 3 Game of the Year - 9,99$ | 14,99$ USED

I think you get the ideal

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
CURRENTLY PLAYING
???
BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED
Skullz_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #7
Mann0802

The GOTY edition is definitely worth the money. It may be buggy but that doesn't ruin it.

Signature by ESYLD
Mann0802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Jake_357

Send a message via AIM to Jake_357

Awards Showcase 10,000 Posts   Call of Duty 4 Birthday   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Well, all 5 DLC would add up to $50

The GOTY, in a new case, with new disc, and all 5 DLC is $20 new and $15-$17 used. So yeah, pretty obvious choice.

Breathe, breathe in the air. Don't be afraid to care.
Jake_357 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #9
bobsnotmyuncle

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Community Gaming Event Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)

20 bucks where I am too. I just bought it sunday. Started it yesterday and found a glitch in like half an hour... there was a work around but not a good sign. Of course, that happened to me with Skyrim as well and I had no major issues after that other then needing to reset once in a while cause I was playing too long and the lag got bad or the odd freeze.

It's time for another Good Idea/Bad Idea.
Good Idea: Leaving it to Beaver. Bad Idea: Leaving it to Bieber.

bobsnotmyuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #10
WZ_PSX

Well guinea pig here. I chose the "more expensive but perhaps less buggy" route, with Vanilla + DLC Broken Steel. Basically giving up four "free" DLCs for a "maybe the game will be more stable". Am not regretting it ( so far ). I have read so much about the game being buggy, and yet 60h into it, still going fine. Though maybe it would be just as stable with the other DLCs, no idea...

I do get the odd freeze, when playing 6h straight or more, but that's about it. A reboot & it's done. Note this is only because Broken Steel seems the only "must have" dlc & I am not sure I'll get more, as the game is going to last me 100+ hours easily as it is. If you intend to get all DLCs anyway, GOTY all the way.

Last edited by WZ_PSX; 05-01-2012 at 07:28 PM.
WZ_PSX is offline   Reply With Quote