GOTY or DLC?

Kratostruth

GOTY, buying it separately is a ripoff. Whether you download or buy it retail, you run the chance of a bug-filled experience. There isn't a vastly superior version on that front.

This^

There is no difference between downloading everything separately and buying the GOTY. The GOTY is way cheaper and not as buggy as some have made it out to be but it varies from person to person.

Edited by Terminator
Fixed typo.

GOTY, buying it separately is a ripoff. Whether you download or buy it retail, you run the chance of a bug-filled experience. There isn't a vastly superior version on that front.

This^

There is no difference between downloading everything separately and buying the GOTY. The GOTY is way cheaper and not as buggy as some have made it out to be but it varies from person to person.

The individual DLCs are about £10, right?

I bought my GOTY version for £11.99, so you can see how much price saving there is.

^^ all of the above!

Each DLC add-on sells for about 10$

Broken Steel - 10$

The Pitt - 10$

Operation Anchorage - 10$

Mothership Zeta - 10$

Point Lookout - 10$

DLC total - 50$

Fallout 3 Game of the Year - 19,99$ NEW

Fallout 3 Game of the Year - 9,99$ | 14,99$ USED

I think you get the ideal

• 3 weeks later...

20 bucks where I am too. I just bought it sunday. Started it yesterday and found a glitch in like half an hour... there was a work around but not a good sign. Of course, that happened to me with Skyrim as well and I had no major issues after that other then needing to reset once in a while cause I was playing too long and the lag got bad or the odd freeze.

Well guinea pig here. I chose the "more expensive but perhaps less buggy" route, with Vanilla + DLC Broken Steel. Basically giving up four "free" DLCs for a "maybe the game will be more stable". Am not regretting it ( so far ). I have read so much about the game being buggy, and yet 60h into it, still going fine. Though maybe it would be just as stable with the other DLCs, no idea...

I do get the odd freeze, when playing 6h straight or more, but that's about it. A reboot & it's done. Note this is only because Broken Steel seems the only "must have" dlc & I am not sure I'll get more, as the game is going to last me 100+ hours easily as it is. If you intend to get all DLCs anyway, GOTY all the way.

Edited by WZ_PSX

• 2 months later...