XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 05-06-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
mepatrick

Default Fallout 3 DLC reason for freezes.. can I delete them?

I've played FO3 twice a while ago (before they had trophies for the game) and had absolutely no problem whatsoever with game lag or freezes (ZERO!!). So I got the new trophy packs and also bought the GOTY version and noticed right away the game is glitchy and freezes on me a few times when I fast travel. So I'm pretty sure the DLCs are causing the freezes.

Are there ways to delete the DLCs without messing up my current game? The DLCs came on the GOTY disc. Right now I keep freezing when I fast travel to megaton and its really annoying.. if I'm forced to, I'll just remove all DLC and get the platinum and be done with the game. But I'm about 1/4 into the game and don't want to start over..
Old 05-07-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
Terminator
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand   Member of the Month Winner
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)

Since you have the GOTY edition there is no way to remove the DLCs so I'm afraid you'll just have to live with the freezing and start over.

The problems with the GOTY are numerous and well documented.

To reduce the amount of freezing you get do the following:

-Turn off the Auto Saves.
-Don't play for more than 3-4hrs at a time.
-Don't save over your saves, make a new one every time.
-Use the Cache clear code at the start of every session (Hold L2, R2 and Square after the trophies load and keep holding them until the main menu appears. You'll know if it's worked as the Press Start text will disappear.)
-If the game starts to lag, stand still and wait until the HDD light stops flashing.

Even if you could remove the DLCs, you'd corrupt your save files in the process and would have to start over any way.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 05-07-2011 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Added extra info
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
jellybelly100

thats f3 worst feature the dreaded freeze!! still its an amazing game & most of the dlc's r great aswell! stick with it!!
jellybelly100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
jmac92123

Send a message via Skype™ to jmac92123

Awards Showcase Bronze Road Map Submitter   Killzone: Mercenary Game Night Award   First PS4 Game Nights   THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Bronze Submission   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Guide Supplement Bronze   Bronze Trophy Guide Submitter   Bronzer Than Nothing   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

I have the same problems, it really sucks. happens when there is a lot of action too. End of the DLC missions is the worst

JMAC92123
jmac92123 is offline   Reply With Quote