Don't programmers proof read their games?

jedi1josh

Its really not very original either. The ONLY unique name I haven't seen in any other RPG was my own, kinda sad. a few message blocks came up with most of the text missing too, even if I viewed it more than once.

Ex: ions.

yup, that was it, and it was definately not refering to the particle.

If it wasn't so short I would've love it, but it was still pretty good. Good oldfashioned turnbased combat, skills and abilities are easy to understand and progress well. Woulda been nice to have more combat. Other than the partymembers constantly blocking my view(fairly common though so I dont' really hold it against this game) I liked the 3D world. well gonna go figure out how to finish this last quest so I can 100% this.

Its really not very original either. The ONLY unique name I haven't seen in any other RPG was my own, kinda sad.

You can't hold that against it, because that's the point. Pretty much every character in the game is from a fairy (faery) tale. The plot of the game revolves around this. It's the -other- RPGs that aren't original. :p

But yeah, I was driving myself crazy pointing out typos. Nothing game-breaking, though it annoys me that I don't know what's being said in those few cases mentioned where the dialogue is basically removed.

You can't hold that against it, because that's the point. Pretty much every character in the game is from a fairy (faery) tale. The plot of the game revolves around this. It's the -other- RPGs that aren't original. :p

But yeah, I was driving myself crazy pointing out typos. Nothing game-breaking, though it annoys me that I don't know what's being said in those few cases mentioned where the dialogue is basically removed.

I don't. It was a good game, like I said before just wish it was longer. I've missed my turn based rpgs. FF13 just didn't do it for me like it should have.

Hmmm, how short is it?

I absolutely loved the demo - exactly my type of game (and unfortunately a dying breed :( ). But the price tag is quite high and since Deathspank I'm a bit hesitant to buy non-highscore games on PSN...

So, would you say it's worth it or should I rather wait and hope for a special price someday?

Deathspank for instance was absolutely awesome but after finishing it, I felt like I didn't get enough value for my money. In fact I even skipped epsiode two because of the length of the first game...

I can't remember where it happened but in the story line the word "Know" was used when it meant to use the word "No".

All in all the games not bad but the constant fluttering of wings is annoying.

To be fair, that's a tough typo. It won't be identified by a spell check, and while yes, someone should manually read their writing again, I can see glossing over it stupidly.

Despite the silly typos, is this game any good?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Was the game made in N. America? It could be that shitty translators are the problem.

I'm just about to start this game in a few moments and don't really know anything about it yet, other then what was mentioned on the psn store. I read it was a turn style rpg though, so despite any lame spelling, I have to check it out. One thing I am always harrassing my old lady about is the fact that they rarely make turn style games anymore. To which she always replies "So what, I don't like them..."

People like her... grr... oh, while on the turn style rpg topic though. I noticed they have Chrono Trigger on the psn network right now. Always classic.