I hate this game...

rrm74001

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I managed to actually platinum it.

This game is very strange. It is not difficult, but it is EXTREMELY frustrating. I think this game would be very fun to play with friends, but getting hit four times in a row by bubbles when playing with the AI is just infuriating. I think if there was no vehicle damage component (Mario Kart style), it would not be so bad.

I think this game's saving grace is that fact that you do not have to get first place in each individual race like in most racing games. You just have to get first place in the overall championships.

The gold time trials are a little tricky. Most of them I was less than 1 second faster. You must take advantage of shortcuts and corner cuts. Part of challenge also is maintaining a good racing line. In the 3000cc cars, it is very easy to brake too late into a turn or accelerate too soon out of a turn. It is interesting though that the silver time trials were really easy for me. I was usually 5-10 seconds faster.

'Ecto-won' trophy:

Add a friend with lap times before you start doing the time trials. You may end up making it impossible to get this trophy if you wait until after you have achieved your very best times. I got my trophy by beating my friend's time by .01 seconds.

'Internet Famous' trophy:

I played a total of 1 online race. And I won. Not sure how I did it. Like I said before, it usually just comes down to luck.